SDA misapplication of Scripture about the soul's natural immortality

Formersda

Prologue:
AV 1C 15:56 The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.

AV 1Jn 3:4-6 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. 5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. 6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

Depends on who's definition of sin, you want to use, Right ???

"Your quite right here, so I do righteousness therefore I can’t sin, your definition of righteousness is Ellen Whites version it’s not biblical so I am sin free", So says you, in your own opinion.

AV 1Jn 1:8-10 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Jesus' opinion of judgment, is the only one that matters, not your opinion.

Yours in Christ, Michael
The problem is Michael is that you keep putting people under damnation that is the essence of the SDA church.

There is no good news in the SDA church, it’s about rules and made up rules by others, I’ve been there and got the t shirt. It’s people like you who misquote scripture to spiritually abuse let’s be clear it’s spiritual abuse.

Jesus is very clear in that He came to save not to condemn, why are you condemning? why are you judging?

Matthew 7:1-5

Judging Others​

7 “Do not judge so that you will not be judged. 2 For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. 3 Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ and behold, the log is in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.

These are from Jesus’s own mouth, how you are judging here is how you are going to be judged and is that how you want to be judged? Think about it.

Common Tater

Prologue:
AV Ac 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers [did], so [do] ye.
AV 1C 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

Absolutely Brilliant !!!

"then you are Abraham’s descendants", Are sabbath keepers, like Jesus !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael
Please provide biblical proof that Abraham ever kept a sabbath. This passage is not saying that we are to become Jews and put ourselves under the mosaic covenant.

Common Tater

I am still very much interested to have an SDA answer whether Jesus had a physical body in heaven before he came down and was born to Mary. Did/do the angels have bodys? I'd surely love for Michael to answer this question. A simple yes or no would suffice, and if he would like to post what he considers the biblical proof to support his answer, that's fine. But I would like a definitive yes or no.
Bump for SDAC

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Jn 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

So you know how to do this according to GOD's words ???
The problem is Michael is that you keep putting people under damnation that is the essence of the SDA church.
Ignorant people put themselves under the stated judgments of GOD.

AV 1Pt 2:15-16 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men: 16 As free, and not using [your] liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

So how can I be responsible for their OWN decisions in their own willing ignorance ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

JonHawk

Prologue:
AV Jn 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

So you know how to do this according to GOD's words ???

Ignorant people put themselves under the stated judgments of GOD.

AV 1Pt 2:15-16 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men: 16 As free, and not using [your] liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

So how can I be responsible for their OWN decisions in their own willing ignorance ???
So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. 18 They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts; Eph 4

Buzzard

SDA misapplication of Scripture about the soul's natural immortality​

aaaaahhhhh; yes The Church of Ephesus
1Tim.6:16
Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith:
Grace, mercy, and peace,
from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia,
that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,

Ch.6:14
That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable,
until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:

15 Which in his times he shall shew,
who is the blessed and only Potentate,
the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

16 Who only hath immortality,

Pipiripi

The problem is that our SDA church today are living in error, thanks to LeRoy Froom that has brought the Trinity doctrine in our church.

But God has sent me here for you all to see that this is the only true church that God Himself has formed.Taking great pastors from different denominations.
Bless

JonHawk

The problem is that our SDA church today are living in error, thanks to LeRoy Froom that has brought the Trinity doctrine in our church.
You can thank your pioneer Billy Miller and your choir director Ellen.

"How many that are here present today shall I meet around the great white throne? How many will lift their voices in songs..." EGW, ST 1887
But God has sent me here for you all to see that this is the only true church that God Himself has formed.Taking great pastors from different denominations.
Bless
But we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, which enters the Presence behind the veil,
where the forerunner has entered for us, even Jesus, having become High Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek. Hebrews 6:19-20
Who became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey Him. Hebrews 5:8-10
Therefore He is able to save completely those who come to God through Him; Heb 7:24-26

SDAchristian

AV Mt 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

I hope you realize, this is NOT new news to Jesus. This verse applies to all church group associations.

"the Trinity doctrine" is defined by the authority of men, not GOD's authority or words. And that is the root of that problem. When we say the word "trinity" between (inclusive of all) us, who's definition as we individually assume, as a communication issue between us ???

AV Mt 25:32-33 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth [his] sheep from the goats: 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Jesus will divide all goats from His sheep, as Jesus' Omniscient choice. Goats are another term for self deceived, in free will choice consequences.

AV Re 2:14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.

There are many goats mixed in with True Believers everywhere.

"our SDA church", Who's again ??? <<< Just asking .... Please consider that there is a legal of the laws of men "SDA church" and a spiritual of the laws of GOD "SDA church", and GOD knows who is who in each group.
Just a reminder, the MESSAGE of Truth is the focus, not the messengers(carriers of Truth).

AV Re 16:6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.

These were murdered for what Truth they believed(Which made them a messenger to others.), not who they were in their persons, per se.

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

... your choir director Ellen.
AV 2C 1:17 When I therefore was thus minded, did I use lightness{G1644 elaphria}? or the things that I purpose, do I purpose according to the flesh, that with me there should be yea yea, and nay nay?

"choir director", implied association ??? Not the truth, per se, but that is what formers do, Right ???

So you have evidence to support the "choir director" as literal truth ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Gn 4:7-10 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee [shall be] his desire, and thou shalt rule over him. 8 And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him. 9 And the LORD said unto Cain, Where [is] Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: [Am] I my brother's keeper? 10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.
Please provide biblical proof that Abraham ever kept a sabbath. This passage is not saying that we are to become Jews and put ourselves under the mosaic covenant.
"Please provide biblical proof that Abraham ever kept a sabbath.", This is an argument from silence defense which can be flipped.

AV Gn 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

So GOD's testimony is worthless to you ??? You did assume against it, Right ???

There is more to discuss, but we need to get past the basics first.

Yours in Christ, Michael

JonHawk

AV 2C 1:17 When I therefore was thus minded, did I use lightness{G1644 elaphria}? or the things that I purpose, do I purpose according to the flesh, that with me there should be yea yea, and nay nay?

"choir director", implied association ??? Not the truth, per se, but that is what formers do, Right ???
So you have evidence to support the "choir director" as literal truth ???

The formers pick a side, your choir director is all over the place.

But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe... But after faith has come, you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. Gal 3

Common Tater

Prologue:
AV Gn 4:7-10 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee [shall be] his desire, and thou shalt rule over him. 8 And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him. 9 And the LORD said unto Cain, Where [is] Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: [Am] I my brother's keeper? 10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.

"Please provide biblical proof that Abraham ever kept a sabbath.", This is an argument from silence defense which can be flipped.

AV Gn 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

So GOD's testimony is worthless to you ??? You did assume against it, Right ???

There is more to discuss, but we need to get past the basics first.

Yours in Christ, Michael
Please show from the Bible where any of those commandments, statutes, or laws prior to the giving of the Law at Sinai was a command to keep the Sabbath.

You are adding to God's testimony something that is not there. I can prove to you from Scripture that the Sabbath was given to the Children of Israel at Sinai as a sign of the covenant between God and them. I can prove to you from Scripture that the Law given at Sinai happened 430 years after God made a covenant with Abraham.