SDAs refuse to discuss the KJVO myth...

John t

My encyclopedia says the Protestant Reformation began in 1517, which puts it 94 years before the KJV's appearance (1611). Lots of Reformation history prior to the KJV. No, the KJV did not "usher in" the Reformation.

Martin Luther posted 95 theses On October 31, 1517. The KJV came in 1611.

Nothing like facts to correct an anachronism

L

Lottan

Why you continue to defend someone who believes very un-Biblical things, and I think YOU also know what they are, is beyond me.
Risk stepping on a land line I do: yet respectful of the OP we should be, in spite of my calling out @robycop3, for other reasons above, I have. Last I shall say on the matter.

L

Lottan

Risk stepping on a land line I do: yet respectful of the OP we should be, in spite of my calling out @robycop3, for other reasons above, I have. Last I shall say on the matter.
Evidence of claim made by @robycop3 awaited is. Scorned KJV users @robycop3 did while accusing SDAs he did. Evidence of his scorn I provided: My post here is.
Use not one’s refusal to participate in your “challenge” as an excuse for assaulting their behavior for which you are guilty. Art thou a hypocrite?

Evidence provided was for eyes to see: it was you who scorned and hollered at others for choice in translations (see My post above).

A claim made, by you, regarding another’s poor behavior requires you to establish the claim: or false witness you bore? A raven art thou or lazy merely ye be?

Evidence provide of your claim please do.

robycop3

Use not one’s refusal to participate in your “challenge” as an excuse for assaulting their behavior for which you are guilty. Art thou a hypocrite?

Evidence provided was for eyes to see: it was you who scorned and hollered at others for choice in translations (see My post above).

A claim made, by you, regarding another’s poor behavior requires you to establish the claim: or false witness you bore? A raven art thou or lazy merely ye be?

Evidence provide of your claim please do.
I GOOFED ! I APOLOGIZE ! !

Unlike some, I don't believe I'm perfect, & when I goof & realize it, either on my own, or having it pointed out, I will always admit it & apologize.

'Twas on another web page where some SDA KJVOs chided me for not using the KJV. that was right before I got up from the computer for the day. Next day, when I got online, this site came up & without thinking, I chose to challenge their KJVO trash HERE.

And I'll freely admit I attacked some SDAs' use of the KJV here.

But my CHALLENGE still stands for any SDAs to step up to the plate & try to defend their KJVO myth. I don't think they can.

Buzzard

Job 41:1
Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook?
or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down?
2 Canst thou put an hook into his nose?
or bore his jaw through with a thorn?
he is a king over all the children of pride.

.Is.28:1
Woe to the crown of pride, to the drunkards of Ephraim,
whose glorious beauty is a fading flower,
which are on the head of the fat valleys of them that are overcome with wine!

praise_yeshua

You say this all the time. You've been challenged by me and many others to show some proof of this charge. You have never provided a scintilla of evidence, and you won't do so now.

You don't believe the scriptures, so why you are here on a Christian website? Is it more open rebellion?

God didn't inspire the KJV. That the is a rebellious position your postulating.

praise_yeshua

That's the "Jump to the absurd Manoever". The KJV isn't even close to being "PERFECT". But for those used to the Elizabethan English,it's as good as Any Translation out there.

No it is not. The Geneva is much better. In fact, King James and his translators stole from the Geneva Bible. They stole its style, commentary and numbering system. King James them forced the King James on mankind by banning the printing of the Geneva Bible.

Yet, you could care less about these sins associated with producing the KJV. You promote its work above any sense of common decency.

Why do you promote the KJV over the Geneva Bible with all the sin associated with King James stealing and purposely seeking the destruction of the Geneva given to the common man?

ALL translations are "Man Made" to the same degree, and it's the HOLY SPIRIT Who guides those who READ THE WORD into Spiritual TRUTH, not "Theologians".

Nonsense. The LXX was used by Jesus Christ Himself. We have the words of Jesus Christ perserved in the ancient Greek texts. We have the words of His apostles preserved in the ancient Greek texts.

You would rather have your silly little English sensibilities injected into the Scriptures than find the Truth yourself. The Holy Spirit can't lead you past your own "English barrier".

praise_yeshua

Rebellion towards the scriptures is why you oppose the teachings of the Bible.

You're the one rebelling against the Scripture by promote a inept English translation to be the same with what God gave to humanity.

Why don't you invite your "pastor" on here and have him extol the value of the KJV? Maybe you'll listen to him when HE... tells you Hebrews 13 was corrupted by the KJV.

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, (Intentional Corruption)

Maybe you prefer White as your ruler?

Shoonra

I do not think that James I "banned" the printing of the Geneva Bible for the simple reason that the Geneva Bible was not printed in English publishing houses but was printed in - surprise! - Geneva. The England-made version competing with it until the KJV was the Bishops' Bible.

Alttho the LXX is the source of SOME of the OT quotations in the Greek NT, I doubt that Jesus and his disciples made a point of quoting it. I am more inclined to believe that they quoted the Hebrew Bible in Hebrew to their Hebrew listeners and when all this was written in Greek, the authors made a point of SOMETIMES resorting to the LXX for the Greek version of the Hebrew passages; several OT quotations are not from the LXX.

Beloved Daughter

God didn't inspire the KJV. That the is a rebellious position your postulating.

Nonsense. I didn't say a word about the KJV being better or worse than the manuscripts available. People such as yourself and others make claims about the KJV being corrupted, but never provide any proof of such corruption.

James White is not my ruler. He is but 1 of my Pastors from Apologia Church. White has nothing to do with this discussion and you bringing it up shows how shallow your argument is.

Study in Hebrews Series | SermonAudio

G2233 - hēgeomai - Strong's Greek Lexicon (KJV) (blueletterbible.org)

Bob Carabbio

No it is not. The Geneva is much better. In fact, King James and his translators stole from the Geneva Bible. They stole its style, commentary and numbering system. King James them forced the King James on mankind by banning the printing of the Geneva Bible.

Yet, you could care less about these sins associated with producing the KJV. You promote its work above any sense of common decency.

Why do you promote the KJV over the Geneva Bible with all the sin associated with King James stealing and purposely seeking the destruction of the Geneva given to the common man?

Nonsense. The LXX was used by Jesus Christ Himself. We have the words of Jesus Christ perserved in the ancient Greek texts. We have the words of His apostles preserved in the ancient Greek texts.

You would rather have your silly little English sensibilities injected into the Scriptures than find the Truth yourself. The Holy Spirit can't lead you past your own "English barrier".
WELL - You've published a lot of worthless venom, of course, but you haven't given one REAL reason to consider anything you say as being important.

SO what do YOU THINK the ""Geneva Bible" says, that the KJV/NIV/ASV/Message/Living/etc says doesn't??

Buzzard

Beloved Daughter said:
You're the one rebelling against the Scripture by promote a inept English translation to be the same with what God gave to humanity.

Why don't you invite your "pastor" on here and have him extol the value of the KJV? Maybe you'll listen to him when HE... tells you Hebrews 13 was corrupted by the KJV.

Maybe you prefer White as your ruler?
Maybe it is you that does not undersstand
"WHO" was the book of Hebrews written to ??????

and "Who" has authority over them
ie:
Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you,

L

Lottan

I GOOFED ! I APOLOGIZE ! !
<...> I will always admit it & apologize.

'Twas on another web page where some SDA KJVOs chided me for not using the KJV. <....> I chose to challenge their KJVO trash HERE.

And I'll freely admit I attacked some SDAs' use of the KJV here.
Meaning of apology do you not know @robycop3? Hold to your claim you still do and no evidence produced of such poor behavior you claimed happened. Additionally boast you now do of attacking SDA’s for using KJV. Insincere you are in your apology as well as boastful you are.
Those with ears to hear and eyes to see let them hear and see. Moving on from here I shall. Thank instructing this has been.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beloved Daughter

Beloved Daughter said:

Maybe it is you that does not undersstand
"WHO" was the book of Hebrews written to ??????

and "Who" has authority over them
ie:
Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you,

Huh??

This was my response to another poster who frequently likes to post things that are not part of any orthodoxy. I don't subscribe to new age nonsense. The poster also opposes the Bible as the Word of God. See post #37

The book of Hebrews is written to three distinct groups of Jews.

1 Believers

2 Unbelievers who accepted the gospel only in their minds, not their hearts

3 Unbelievers who had not fully made up their minds regarding the person of Jesus Christ.

The verse in question is not the product of corrupted minds.

In every legitimate Bible the teaching is clear.

Hebrews 13:7

King James Version

7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Christian Standard Bible

7 Remember your leaders who have spoken God’s word to you. As you carefully observe the outcome of their lives, imitate their faith.

English Standard Version

7 Remember your leaders, those who spoke to you the word of God. Consider the outcome of their way of life, and imitate their faith.

Holman Christian Standard Bible

7 Remember your leaders who have spoken God’s word to you. As you carefully observe the outcome of their lives, imitate their faith.

New American Standard Bible

7 Remember those who led you, who spoke the word of God to you; and considering the result of their way of life, imitate their faith.

New English Translation

7 Remember your leaders, who spoke God’s message to you; reflect on the outcome of their lives and imitate their faith.

New King James Version

7 Remember those who rule over you, who have spoken the word of God to you, whose faith follow, considering the outcome of their conduct.

Not only have I provided equivalent verses, but I included BLB that addresses the Greek.

No evidence of purposeful corruption.

Finally, when you don't know who said what and to whom you come to false conclusions.

I am not a KJVOnlyists. In the past, I used the KJV for daily study. Over the years I have come to favor the NASB, ESV and NET.