Secular Media has lost its way

DrDavidT

it is no longer an objective reporting service that informs people of the events in their nation or around the world. It is a tool used by many to brainwash or influence to make the wrong decision.

Torin

Could you define "secular media?"

Do you mean like CNN and NYT? What about Fox News?

What are you contrasting secular media with? Religious media? What are some examples of religious media, to your mind?

Do you think religious media has any of the issues secular media has?

I wouldn't expect religious media to be objective at all. I'd expect to have the same problems you ascribe to secular media: "a tool used by many to brainwash or influence to make the wrong decision."

I agree that CNN and NYT aren't very objective (at least sometimes).

Tiburon

it is no longer an objective reporting service that informs people of the events in their nation or around the world. It is a tool used by many to brainwash or influence to make the wrong decision.
It was never truly objective reporting and has been used to brainwash or influence ever since the owners realised they could. It has grown worse since that control has been consolidated into fewer and fewer hands.

Carol

"I'm the tool of the Government
And industry too
For I am destined to rule
And regulate you....

I'm the best you can get
Have you guessed me yet?
I'm the slime oozin out from your tv set"

Frank Zappa

Bob Carabbio

It was never truly objective reporting and has been used to brainwash or influence ever since the owners realised they could. It has grown worse since that control has been consolidated into fewer and fewer hands.
And WORST OF ALL - there's now (instead of "letters to the Editor") THE SOCIAL MEDIA where people are anonymous and free to expose their REAL THOUGHTS and predjudices without fear of retribution.

SteveB

I saw an article yesterday, by Spectator.org talking about how FNC has melted down, and lost it, along with all the other MSM news sources.

Electric Skeptic

I saw an article yesterday, by Spectator.org talking about how FNC has melted down, and lost it, along with all the other MSM news sources.

What a laughable article. Basically, the 'left wing' press is deplorable because it didn't kiss Trump's behind but rather reported on all of his screw ups and Fox went down the toilet when it started doing the same.

Bob Carabbio

Because people sre more likely to publish negative, damaging material than they are to publish Good/uplifting stuff. AND, of course, the "Rank and File" are easily led astray. Everybody who DOESN'T MATTER knows that the election was Crooked, while everybody that DOES MATTER sees no problems at all.

Electric Skeptic

Because people sre more likely to publish negative, damaging material than they are to publish Good/uplifting stuff. AND, of course, the "Rank and File" are easily led astray. Everybody who DOESN'T MATTER knows that the election was Crooked, while everybody that DOES MATTER sees no problems at all.
So the people should be silenced, or not have an opportunity to publish what they want?

As for your last sentence, that's nonsense. Legions of people from the President down believe the election was crooked.

Bob Carabbio

Th
Then stop whining about some poeple's opinions mattering more than others.
Electoral college's opinion MATTERS, and they've decided that there was no voter fraud. Biden is the president elect. NOW January 6 it the NEXT time that PEOPLE WHO MATTER will make their decisions. when the joint session of Congress meets to declare the results of the election. Their Opinion MATTERS, and leads to Jan 20 - Your opinion, MY opinion, and Trump's opinion are all totally unimportant.

Electric Skeptic

Th

Electoral college's opinion MATTERS, and they've decided that there was no voter fraud. Biden is the president elect. NOW January 6 it the NEXT time that PEOPLE WHO MATTER will make their decisions. when the joint session of Congress meets to declare the results of the election. Their Opinion MATTERS, and leads to Jan 20 - Your opinion, MY opinion, and Trump's opinion are all totally unimportant.
That's nice.

SteveB

What a laughable article. Basically, the 'left wing' press is deplorable because it didn't kiss Trump's behind but rather reported on all of his screw ups and Fox went down the toilet when it started doing the same.
Let me guess.... you're a leftist, who thinks capitalism is criminal, and actually wants globalization.

Ignatius

Correct they no longer wish to just report the news they want to "create change". If you want to create change then be a politician or a scientist. Journalist arent supposen to "create change" they are suppose to report change

Temujin

Correct they no longer wish to just report the news they want to "create change". If you want to create change then be a politician or a scientist. Journalist arent supposen to "create change" they are suppose to report change
Why? If someone wants to create change, then why can they not become a journalist rather than a politician? What rules are they breaking?