See what Jesse says about the Second Coming...

BlessedAnomaly

"Participating in a "Victorython" fundraiser for Kenneth Copeland's ministry..."​
Why does Cope need a fundraiser? I thought he was the first to 1 billion dollars?

RiJoRi

Jesse is an idiot. 🤔😮😜
Shame on you for insulting idiots that badly! 😂

As they keep saying in the RCC forum, "Actions speak louder than words." If Jesse truly believed what he was saying, he would not be a multi-millionaire. And boasting about giving $100,000? Mat 6:2 [ISV]. .. whenever you give to the poor, don’t blow a trumpet before you like the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets so that they will be praised by people. I tell all of you with certainty, they have their full reward!

--Rich

BlessedAnomaly

Probably wants a new big toy..., like a jet.
I would wonder. With the pandemic stopping flights outside the US and curtailing travel, plus the stoppage of large gatherings for a while, Cope's ministry income source was stopped. If people didn't turn around and send it through the TV ministry -- which when people are out of work because of the pandemic I doubt they would send anything -- which some will, but most won't without the in-person excitement. I'm betting that Cope's a bit low on cash. They probably all are.

Again, if he's a self-proclaimed billionaire then why a fundraiser?

At the start of the pandemic I wondered what happened when the churches were all shut down. When I had my "Blessed Anomaly" site up, I wrote an article on Dollar, Howard-Browne, Cope and a guy named Tony Spell. Howard-Browne and Spell tried to keep their churches open after state mandates against large gatherings. They were arrested, posted bail and released. Howard-Browne then shut his church for the pandemic. Spell kept going. Last I looked he's charged with 6 counts of violating the no congregating order. Then he got an assault charge for backing his church bus into a guy while protesting the order. And in June he got cited for shooting an alligator in the lake behind his church so that he could hold baptism services that Sunday. :oops:

Anyway I found Dollar on his site, live service, preaching to an empty room. He tried. He spoke about how the church needed to stand strong and meet online. He spoke about how important it was to continue to give. But the look on his face was sheer pain. It was as if he knew his congregation was not going to come through.

I mean, come on man, even false teachers have to eat.

Dizerner

Didn't you know Copeland didn't make his millions from donations, he like struck natural gas or something on some property he purchased.

I'm also fairly certain Dollar is not hurting for dollars.

I'm all for pointing out when something's not right or in sin, but so many people get caught up with a minister's sin it's their judgmental obsession and fuels their offense. I know this because I use to think calling out minister's sins was just everything one should be doing, and it really blinds people to their own superior, judgmental and critical religious self-righteous attitudes... coming out of WoF I was tempted to paint them all as pure evil hell-bound demoniacs, but deception can be gradual for a lot of people and the road is paved with rationalizations.

I doubt most of the people dedicated to calling out these minister's sins spend half the time interceding for them, to guard their heart from bitter and critical cynicism and rejoicing in pointing out where someone else is wrong. They will always throw up the defense "sin must be called out and people need to know," but this becomes just a superficial front to vigorously guard their enjoyment of despising another's sins. This feeds our own pride because our discernment ministry is just so gob-banged sharp and we see how bad everyone else is, but never ourselves.

I think these ministers are in sin, but I think most of the people in this forum are in sin too. The road to deception is a slippery slope and paved with little compromises here and there. Before one can truly call out someone else's sin in absolute brokenness and pure love, one really needs to see the impurities and sins of their own heart first.

And that's why I pray for these people every day and believe they are misguided people with a real call on their lives and do many good things.

BlessedAnomaly

Didn't you know Copeland didn't make his millions from donations, he like struck natural gas or something on some property he purchased.

I'm all for pointing out when something's not right or in sin, but so many people get caught up with a minister's sin it's their judgmental obsession and fuels their offense. I know this because I use to think calling out minister's sins was just everything one should be doing, and it really blinds people to their own superior, judgmental and critical religious self-righteous attitudes... coming out of WoF I was tempted to paint them all as pure evil hell-bound demoniacs, but deception can be gradual for a lot of people and the road is paved with rationalizations.

I doubt most of the people dedicated to calling out these minister's sins spend half the time interceding for them, to guard their heart from bitter and critical cynicism and rejoicing in pointing out where someone else is wrong. They will always throw up the defense "sin must be called out and people need to know," but this becomes just a superficial front to vigorously guard their enjoyment of despising another's sins. This feeds our own pride because our discernment ministry is just so god-damned sharp and we see how bad everyone else is, but never ourselves.

I think these ministers are in sin, but I think most of the people in this forum are in sin too. The road to deception is a slippery slope and paved with little compromises here and there. Before one can truly call out someone else's sin in absolute brokenness and pure love, one really needs to see the impurities and sins of their own heart first.

And that's why I pray for these people every day and believe they are misguided people with a real call on their lives and do many good things.
Doesn't answer why they need a fundraiser for Cope.

Slyzr

I doubt most of the people dedicated to calling out these minister's sins spend half the time interceding for them, to guard their heart from bitter and critical cynicism and rejoicing in pointing out where someone else is wrong. They will always throw up the defense "sin must be called out and people need to know," but this becomes just a superficial front to vigorously guard their enjoyment of despising another's sins. This feeds our own pride because our discernment ministry is just so gob-banged sharp and we see how bad everyone else is, but never ourselves.

well ...... ok ......

I kind of understand.

Reminds me of a story ..... a woman in the "church thingy" ...... lost her husband and was in need.

So a friend of mine, was like let's go and help them out.

so we delivered groceries to the site. (he bought them ...... I was just there for the ride)

Which we did ..... and the glory of God fell; . when we did that.

And it seriously ticked me off ......

Could not even deliver a helping hand for nothing.

Without the religious bs; glory falling down thingy.

Last edited:

RiJoRi

Ol' Jesse will be another one that won't see 120 years. 😉
I'm a little surprised that no one has come up with "spiritual years" - different for each person. Ya take the number of years a person lived, divide by 120, and you get the length of their "spiritual year". So someone dying at the age of 90 would have had a spiritual year of 9 months. 😁

(Gotta get COFFEE!)
--Rich