Seeing Jesus = Seeing God Himself

imJRR

In John 14, there is an interesting exchange between Philip and Jesus.
It can easily and rightly be described as a direct and straightforward exchange.
It's found in verses 8-9.
Philip makes a request: "Show us the Father."
Now, contextually, Philip is a Jew.
That means that the words "the Father" can only refer to one thing:
God Himself.
Philip wants to see God Himself.
And look at the clear, direct response Jesus gives:
"If you've seen Me, you've see the Father."
Therefore, Jesus is saying, "If you've seen Me, you've seen Him. You've seen God Himself."

imJRR

JWs say that Jesus is really Michael the archangel.
Michael's name means "Who Is Like God?"
The obvious, implied answer is "No one."
Therefore, Michael would never dare make the claim for himself that Jesus does make for Himself.
He would be going directly against the meaning of his own name.
He would also be committing blasphemy to make such a claim for himself.
So Jesus can't be Michael.

Theophilus

Why do cults want you to believe that Jesus is not who he said he was? Why is the question over Jesus’ true identity so important? Why does it matter whether or not? The most important reason that Jesus has to be God is that if He is not God, His death would not have been sufficient to pay the penalty for the sins of the whole world (1 John 2:2). Only God could pay such an infinite penalty (Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21).

It's important to realize cults are created and influenced by Satan. And Satan wants you to spend eternity with him. This is why it's so important not to believe the lies from JW's. Especially the one about Jesus being Michael the Archangel.

Jesus had to be God so that He could pay our debt. Jesus had to be man so He could die. Salvation is available only through faith in Jesus Christ. Jesus’ deity is why He is the only way of salvation. Jesus’ deity is why He proclaimed, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6).
See: The Doctrine of Christ

preacher4truth

Why do cults want you to believe that Jesus is not who he said he was? Why is the question over Jesus’ true identity so important? Why does it matter whether or not? The most important reason that Jesus has to be God is that if He is not God, His death would not have been sufficient to pay the penalty for the sins of the whole world (1 John 2:2). Only God could pay such an infinite penalty (Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21).

It's important to realize cults are created and influenced by Satan. And Satan wants you to spend eternity with him. This is why it's so important not to believe the lies from JW's. Especially the one about Jesus being Michael the Archangel.

Jesus had to be God so that He could pay our debt. Jesus had to be man so He could die. Salvation is available only through faith in Jesus Christ. Jesus’ deity is why He is the only way of salvation. Jesus’ deity is why He proclaimed, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6).
See: The Doctrine of Christ

John 8:24.

The Prophet

3iwLlMs.jpg