Seeking security in the flock

Our Lord's God

Catholics are taught to seek security in their flock and to believe their security is being part of their flock and following the rest of the flock. After all their flock is the "pillar and foundation of truth."

A foolish sheep thinks he has security in the flock and with the flock. He feels safe following the flock and conforming to the flock. But one sheep cannot protect another from the wolves, not even the whole flock.

A wise sheep knows his security is not in the flock and with the flock. Following the other sheep provides him no safety whatsoever. He knows that only his Shepherd provides him safety and only His Shepherd can protect him from the wolves and so the wise sheep follows HIM.

I AM the way, the truth, and the life.

Catholics are taught to seek security in their flock and to believe their security is being part of their flock and following the rest of the flock. After all their flock is the "pillar and foundation of truth."

A foolish sheep thinks he has security in the flock and with the flock. He feels safe following the flock and conforming to the flock. But one sheep cannot protect another from the wolves, not even the whole flock.

A wise sheep knows his security is not in the flock and with the flock. Following the other sheep provides him no safety whatsoever. He knows that only his Shepherd provides him safety and only His Shepherd can protect him from the wolves and so the wise sheep follows HIM.

The sheep follow Jesus. They hear his voice and follow him.

You sound like the one lost sheep that Jesus has to go find, leaving the 99 of the rest of His flock behind.

As someone from a family of wool growers, you've got your biology all on its head. The flock is what does protect sheep from predators. It is the outliers that the wolves will go after. The stray. Also sheep are gregarious creatures and enjoy their woolly fellowship.

As someone from a family of wool growers, you've got your biology all on its head. The flock is what does protect sheep from predators. It is the outliers that the wolves will go after. The stray. Also sheep are gregarious creatures and enjoy their woolly fellowship.

So then the words of Jesus on the matter mean nothing to you.

How do they protect themselves? by jumping over the prdator's head one at a time in an attempt to put it to sleep? The herd does NOT protect the sheep from predators, it just lowers the odds of being dinner for each individual sheep.

So then the words of Jesus on the matter mean nothing to you.
Yes, they mean everything to me.

How do they protect themselves? by jumping over the prdator's head one at a time in an attempt to put it to sleep? The herd does NOT protect the sheep from predators, it just lowers the odds of being dinner for each individual sheep.

I sense someone doesn't believe in any expertise other than their own, but I'll prove it anyway ie RSPCA Uk

Avoiding predators

Sheep flock closely together whenever they feel threatened, and try to maintain a 'flight distance' between themselves and a potential threat. They have good eyesight, with a wide field of vision, and accurate hearing, which helps them spot possible threats.

Yes, they mean everything to me.

I sense someone doesn't believe in any expertise other than their own, but I'll prove it anyway ie RSPCA Uk

Avoiding predators

Sheep flock closely together whenever they feel threatened, and try to maintain a 'flight distance' between themselves and a potential threat. They have good eyesight, with a wide field of vision, and accurate hearing, which helps them spot possible threats.

We know sheep flock together. It doesn't keep the wolves away does it?

Avoiding predators

Are you suggesting, that if a mountain lion came down from the mountain, that the herd would draw a line in the sand and say you cannot cross this point or that they would just stand there and ignore the cat? I would suggest otherwise, They would attempt to flee from it. My proof is from countless hours of video taped in Africa of very similar situations. all you have is your self proclaimed expertise and say so. neither of which you can either verify or prove. I see nothing in your reply that suggests that flocking together protects them. It would just increase their odds of survival. If this is what you mean by protection, I can live with it. There is a certain amount of safety in numbers, as long as you are not the slowest one in the group.

Back