Self Identifying doesn't help

Our Lord's God

Self identifying doesn't help. The Lord knows who are his and if you are not his then all your self identifying proclamations will do you absolutely no good and on that Day the Judge will inform you that your personal decrees were useless.

Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is constrained that leads to life, and there are few who find it. Matthew 7:13-14

There are few who take the narrow way that leads to life. FEW will be saved.

Proclaiming yourself to be on the narrow way won't help you. You actually need to be on that road. Pretending that you are on that narrow way just won't make it so. You actually need to BE one of the few. Asserting by an act of your own will that you are one of the few will make no difference to God.

JonHawk

Self identifying doesn't help. ... Asserting by an act of your own will
But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of the will of man, but of God. John 1:12-13

JonHawk

JonHawk said:
But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of the will of man, but of God. John 1:12-13
Self identifying as a child of God won't help.
When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory. Col 3:4

And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one; John 17:22

Our Lord's God

JonHawk said:

When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory. Col 3:4

Self identifying won't help.

And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one; John 17:22

Self identifying won't help.

Our Lord's God

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus; Eph 2

Self identifying doesn't help.

But that's all you know isn't it?

JonHawk

JonHawk said:
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus; Eph 2
Self identifying doesn't help. But that's all you know isn't it?
Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts. Then each one’s praise will come from God. 1 Cor 4:5

eternomade

Amen. Christ is the narrow gate.

John 14
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Psalm 24
7 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.

8 Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle.

9 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.

JonHawk

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Psalm 24:7 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
8 Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle.
9 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
Therefore be instructed, you judges of the earth.
Honor the Son, lest you perish in the way,
Blessed are those who trust in Him. Ps 2:6-12

Gary Mac

Actually I was saved from the laws of the temple the same way Jesus was in Matt 3:16.

Gary Mac

John 14
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
SO true no one comes to the Father but by the same way Jesus did in Matt 3:16 where he was born again with a new knowledge of God he didnt have before. God opens up all of who He is and all of His heaven in Jesus just as He does in us all who is born of God, born again, and when one see Him as He really is, ye shall be like Him as well, 1 John 3.
Psalm 24
7 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
Yes And the one who does come is at your door knocking this day and anyone who will answer and let Him in as Jesus did in Matt 3:16, He will come to you and sup with you and be in you just as He did in Jesus.
LOVE, for God is Love , noting more nor anything less.
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Rev 3:20. And we who has overcome this world sit with Him in His throne 3:21.

JonHawk

SO true no one comes to the Father but by the same way Jesus did in Matt 3:16 where he was born again with a new knowledge of God he didnt have before.
When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?”
So they said, “Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”
Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. Matt 16:13-17
God opens up all of who He is and all of His heaven in Jesus just as He does in us all who is born of God, born again,
Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God; 1 John 5:1
and when one see Him as He really is, ye shall be like Him as well, 1 John 3.
What if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before! 63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh is no help at all. John 6:62-63

I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, 11 saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”
12 Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, Rev 1

For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.
Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.” Matt 16:27-28

Last edited:
Reactions: Mik

Gary Mac

When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?”
So they said, “Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. Matt 16:13-17

What if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before! 63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh is no help at all. John 6:62-63

I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, 11 saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”
12 Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, Rev 1

For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.
Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.” Matt 16:27-28
My God is the same one Jesus had.

JonHawk

Gary Mac said:
SO true no one comes to the Father but by the same way Jesus did in Matt 3:16 where he was born again with a new knowledge of God he didnt have before.
Jesus answered and said to him,
“Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. Matt 16:13-17
Gary Mac said:
God opens up all of who He is and all of His heaven in Jesus just as He does in us all who is born of God, born again,
Gary Mac said:
What if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before! The Spirit gives life; the flesh is no help at all. John 6:62-63

Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.Matt 16:27-28
The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; Matt 13:37-38

Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God" John 8:42

Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed) is born of God [that is, reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, set apart] 1 John 5:1 God’s seed remains in them; 1 John 3:9 Born of imperishable seed through the living word of God. 1 Peter 1:23
For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. 1 John 5:4
You [who believe in Christ] are children of God and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. 1 John 4:4

Last edited:

Gary Mac

“Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. Matt 16:13-17
Flesh and blood, Jesus Himself, has not revealed to you, only by My Father who is in heaven. Do you know where His heaven is? I do. so did Jesus. Luke 17:20-21
Amen and we are born of God just as Jesus was born of God we have the same Father who is God.
What if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before! The Spirit gives life; the flesh is no help at all. John 6:62-63
So true but most of you here, your god is flesh, a man and not Spirit who was in that man.
Jesus head the same thing from God in Matt 3:16, we all do who God is come and manifested Himself in us. You dont know what that entails do you?
Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.Matt 16:27-28
And we all are son of man just as Jesus was but we all are sons of God by the same Spirit be in me who was in Christ Jesus.
The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; Matt 13:37-38
And I have sown the good seed that you may reproduce from that seed a duplicate of it, but because His ways is gnostic lies, that seed dies soon at it hits your ears.
Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God" John 8:42
If God was your father you would be exactly as Jesus was in the Father.
Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed) is born of God [that is, reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, set apart] 1 John 5:1 God’s seed remains in them; 1 John 3:9 Born of imperishable seed through the living word of God. 1 Peter 1:23
Everyone who receives the Christ in themselves as Jesus did in Matt 3:16 is Gods anointed ones. We are born of God.
And we sit with Him in His throne Rev 3:21.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1 John 5:4&version=NKJV
You are children of God and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. 1 John 4:4
But not for you for His ways is gnostic lies for you as you charge Him with every day. That is spawned by your seeds of sin that flourish in you as you say.

JonHawk

Gary Mac said:
Gary Mac said:
Gary Mac said:

Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.
” Matt 16:27-28
Gary Mac said:

You [who believe in Christ] are children of God and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. 1 John 4:4
And I have sown the good seed that you may reproduce from that seed a duplicate of it, but not for you for His ways is gnostic lies for you as you charge Him with every day. That is spawned by your seeds of sin that flourish in you as you say.
I told that you would die in your dead gnostic iniquity if you don't believe in Me. (John 8:24)

You are sons of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying to Abraham, ‘And in your seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed.’ 26 To you first, God, having raised up Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from your iniquities. Acts 3

Gary Mac

Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.
” Matt 16:27-28

I told that you would die in your dead gnostic iniquity if you don't believe in Me. (John 8:24)
It isn't about beliefs at all it about obedient to receive from God that what Jesus was obedient to and received from God. See Matt 3:16.
You are sons of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying to Abraham, ‘And in your seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed.’ 26 To you first, God, having raised up Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from your iniquities. Acts 3
Im a son of God and the prophet. So was Jesus.