Server error when trying update avatar and profile banner.

I get this when trying to update the avatar or profile banner:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
A server error occurred. Please try again later.

If there is the option in the administration panel to allow avatars and banners being directly linked to there are free image hosting services which can be utilized for that purpose. Like postimage, for example. That could bypass the server error or need for hosting the image here. Services like that allow direct linking and you don't even have to sign up if you don't want to.

Most websites have gotten away from hosting because it is unreliable. That is why the gravatar plugin exists. That gravatar is associated with your email across the internet. Many forum platforms have the Gravatar plugin. Xenforo has it by default. It just needs to be turned on.

Most websites have gotten away from hosting because it is unreliable. That is why the gravatar plugin exists. That gravatar is associated with your email across the internet. Many forum platforms have the Gravatar plugin. Xenforo has it by default. It just needs to be turned on.
What does that mean? How does one add an Avatar here?

What does that mean? How does one add an Avatar here?
Right now there is some kind of server error that is preventing members from adding or updating avatars or updating a profile banner. It is also affecting other image handling on the site.

Just google Gravatar and you will find out about it.

Right now there is some kind of server error that is preventing members from adding or updating avatars or updating a profile banner. It is also affecting other image handling on the site.

Just google Gravatar and you will find out about it.
I have a Gravatar. Look at my avatar now. ?

Back