Setting Argumentive Things Aside

Cop out line. Mormons use the same line in dealing with formers. I agree with Balshan. I was born and bred RC and attended Catholic parochial schools first through senior year in high school. Taught by those well catechized nuns, brothers and priests. We know exactly what was taught... and what wasn't. We got "situational ethics" instead of Biblical teaching. God's word differs greatly from what our exoperiences were.

Odd isn't it, that former RC from all over the world say basically the same thing but we are told "you don't know Catholicism".
Yes Roman Catholics birthed 'cop out lines' and continues to nurture them, watching them grow into full-fledged lies which brings crooked smiles to their gaping faces, warms their hearts and comforts their Roman Catholic souls with their lies.

Speaking of parochial schools, did you know that at the Third Plenary Council of Baltimore, which was the same 'Council' that authorized the "Baltimore Catechism,"that the RCC hierarchy decreed that every Roman Catholic parish had 2 years (!) in which to build a school, every pastor had to carry out that plan under pain of being removed, and every family was bound to send it's children to Roman Catholic schools UNDER PAIN OF SIN. The Vatican even came very close to insisting that the RCC bishops deny the sacraments to Roman Catholic parents who sent their children to public schools.

Speaking of parochial schools, did you know that at the Third Plenary Council of Baltimore, which was the same 'Council' that authorized the "Baltimore Catechism,"that the RCC hierarchy decreed that every Roman Catholic parish had 2 years (!) in which to build a school,
(I read that the parishes should try to do it. But I'm not going to argue the point... Was the RCC going to financially support their decree? Send in builders acquainted with the local building codes?)
every pastor had to carry out that plan under pain of being removed, and every family was bound to send it's children to Roman Catholic schools UNDER PAIN OF SIN.
So? You go to Confession and get absolved. Priests would get pretty bored pretty quick.
And what about poorer parishes which could not afford such a great expense?
The Vatican even came very close to insisting that the RCC bishops deny the sacraments to Roman Catholic parents who sent their children to public schools.
Oh, the paperwork! Just think of the altar boys carrying bundles of paper, with the names of all the parents who sent their children to parochial school handwritten on them! "The first commercial [typewriter] was manufactured in 1873." (Google), so the chances of a parish having a typewriter 10-15 years later were very slim.

What happens when a family moves, and their papers are lost? What happens when the alter boy drops the list? OLPH seated several hundred people, had six or seven masses each Sunday, not counting the overflow masses in the school auditorium! And that was just one of seven+ parishes in the town of Babylon!

And when your kid gets expelled? Does that mean that that family is no longer allowed to take communion?

Oy! All Roman Catholics should rejoice that cooler heads prevailed!

--Rich

Last edited:
I
So? You go to Confession and get absolved. Priests would get pretty bored pretty quick.
And what about poorer parishes which could not afford such a great expense?

--Rich
Easy. Order those parishes that had money set aside for their building projects to send it to the archdiocese as what happened in Lacey, wash. when I was a kid. Seattle needed the money. The building that was to be designated as a gym for the attached school then became the new church.

Easy. Order those parishes that had money set aside for their building projects to send it to the archdiocese as what happened in Lacey, wash. when I was a kid. Seattle needed the money. The building that was to be designated as a gym for the attached school then became the new church.
Here the RCC schools took money for covid help and kept it even though they did not need it for the purpose it was given. The government made a major error about forgetting to write in a payback clause. Some companies repaid it, others didn't. But as they claim to be the pillar of morals and truth you would think they would have repaid the money. Of course they had an excuse for keeping the 57 million dollars.

I wonder if it happened in one state did it happen in the other states? How much money did the RCC pocket?

Here the RCC schools took money for covid help and kept it even though they did not need it for the purpose it was given. The government made a major error about forgetting to write in a payback clause. Some companies repaid it, others didn't. But as they claim to be the pillar of morals and truth you would think they would have repaid the money. Of course they had an excuse for keeping the 57 million dollars.

I wonder if it happened in one state did it happen in the other states? How much money did the RCC pocket?
My wonder is if the employees of the Catholic Schools paid taxes on the income they made from the Church. If they did they what your suggesting is that "Catholic" people aren't Australian. Should they go back to Rome, or just die of starvation because the state shut down their schools where they could earn an income?

Strange attitude. Catholics should be expected to pay taxes but not receive any benefit from those taxes. Isn't that a form of state slavery or at communism - at least for Catholics? Is the entire island so blatantly anti-Catholic?

JoeT

It depends on what you mean by "set aside."

Do I think Catholics and Protestants will ever reunite and become one Church, one Faith, etc? No. In order for the Christian Church to reunite and become one in Faith, Protestants would---have to give up--everything that makes them Protestant. I do not see that happening. The differences between Catholics and Protestants are not like the differences between say--Weis Markets and Tops, Pizza Hut and Dominos, Burger King and McDonalds. One may suggest that the differences between the Protestants sects are more analogous to that, but not the differences between Protestants and Catholics.

Catholicism is different in essence from Protestantism. The differences between Catholics and Protestants is not degree but kind. The differences between Protestants are degree, not kind. Thus, reunion--I do not see happening.

That being said: I disagree with Protestants, but I have always respected them as brothers and sisters in Christ. I have always thought them well intentioned people who I disagree with. You do not see me in their churches attempting to prostitlilize them. You do not see me attempting that with family or friends. I would not encourage Catholic converts to run around badmouthing the sect they left--to anyone who will listen--especially current members of that sect. When I was organist in a Five Point Calvinist church, the pastor asked me if I had a problem with Five Point Calvinism. I said "Hell yes I have a problem with that. If I agreed with it, I would be a member of your Church! But as organist, I am a guest in your house. Your house, your rules. I am just here to play the organ." The pastor hired me on the spot.

I wish Protestants could just accept that we disagree and leave it at that. So we have devotion to Mary, we believe in Purgatory, we have devotion to the saints, etc. So what? So we have Sacraments. Why are Protestants so obsessed with this? Why are they so hung up on this. It is as if they think we Catholics literally walk around all day going "Jesus, who cares about you, I want to talk to your mother." I just do not understand why they care. Obviously you are Protestant becasue you do not believe these things. Fine. Whatever. Do what you want in your sect. Leave us to our practices and Faith.
No. Catholics and Protestants will never merge. You cannot mix oil and water. The properties of each will not allow the two fluids to comingle. So it is with Catholics and Protestants. Paul said grace and works cannot mix, they mutually exclusive concepts, Rom.11:6 Catholic theology is a works-based theology while Protestantism is a grace-based theology. These salvific systems cannot synergize into the same system. They are mutually exclusive. Catholic theology is a salvific system built on works. Protestant theology is a salvific system built on grace. It is either grace or its works but it cannot be both.

My wonder is if the employees of the Catholic Schools paid taxes on the income they made from the Church. If they did they what your suggesting is that "Catholic" people aren't Australian. Should they go back to Rome, or just die of starvation because the state shut down their schools where they could earn an income?

Strange attitude. Catholics should be expected to pay taxes but not receive any benefit from those taxes. Isn't that a form of state slavery or at communism - at least for Catholics? Is the entire island so blatantly anti-Catholic?

JoeT
Well that money went to the Roman Catholic Education system which probably in this country means it is a charitable institution that does not pay tax.

Once again showing and proving RCs fail reading comprehension. The money was given for one purpose only and if it was not used for that purpose, then there was a MORAL obligation to return it. But those who claim they are moral failed to do the morally correct thing. Nothing about receiving benefits from tax paying.

Every child in this country receives x amount of money towards their schooling whether public or private schools. In fact, Roman Catholic schools do get more benefits than most other private schools, so RC tax payers are getting more for their buck than others. They also have a very powerful lobby group.

No. Catholics and Protestants will never merge.
Yeah--like----that is what I said. You act as if I said "Protestants and Catholics will one day reunite."
You cannot mix oil and water. The properties of each will not allow the two fluids to comingle. So it is with Catholics and Protestants.
No kidding! Again, that is what I said--though not in those words.
Paul said grace and works cannot mix, they mutually exclusive concepts,
Um, no, he didn't. That is what you interpret Paul to mean.
Rom.11:6 Catholic theology is a works-based theology while Protestantism is a grace-based theology.
No, Catholics also are Grace based theology. We just believe that works done in Grace---are----just as saving as Faith is because if one and the same Grace inspires the works, as it inspires Faith, how can you say that works are not saving?

I have never understood---and probably never will understand---why Protestants insist on their false dichotomies.
These salvific systems cannot synergize into the same system. They are mutually exclusive. Catholic theology is a salvific system built on works. Protestant theology is a salvific system built on grace. It is either grace or its works but it cannot be both.
Well, I agree that our soteriologies are not compatible.

Yeah--like----that is what I said. You act as if I said "Protestants and Catholics will one day reunite."

No kidding! Again, that is what I said--though not in those words.

Um, no, he didn't. That is what you interpret Paul to mean.

No, Catholics also are Grace based theology. We just believe that works done in Grace---are----just as saving as Faith is because if one and the same Grace inspires the works, as it inspires Faith, how can you say that works are not saving?
Just look at your CCC it is full of works salvation.
I have never understood---and probably never will understand---why Protestants insist on their false dichotomies.

Well, I agree that our soteriologies are not compatible.

Well that money went to the Roman Catholic Education system which probably in this country means it is a charitable institution that does not pay tax.

Once again showing and proving RCs fail reading comprehension. The money was given for one purpose only and if it was not used for that purpose, then there was a MORAL obligation to return it. But those who claim they are moral failed to do the morally correct thing. Nothing about receiving benefits from tax paying.

Every child in this country receives x amount of money towards their schooling whether public or private schools. In fact, Roman Catholic schools do get more benefits than most other private schools, so RC tax payers are getting more for their buck than others. They also have a very powerful lobby group.

From what I'm reading there was no legal reason to reimburse the government. As I understand it the Australian govenement shut down the schools and businesses. All of these people pay taxes out of their income in one form or another to support the Australian government. Now they were being told not to work. The funds from the 'Jobkeeper' program were given to the companies or institutions (non-profit or otherwise) to pay their employees during the shut-down so that the employees, who paid the taxes to establish fund, didn't starve to death during the COVID event.

Your take on all this seems to be that the Catholic School system in Australia pocketed the money and their employees starved - which isn't true. Having a powerful lobby isn't a sin, rather smart. How do you know the Baptist School system didn't get any money. According to the article northern half of the Australian Catholics School system weren't given much at all.

Well? Do you contend that the anybody who worked for the Catholic School system in Australia should have starved to death not having any income for nearly a year and a half - because the government and you don't like Catholics?

JoeT

From what I'm reading there was no legal reason to reimburse the government. As I understand it the Australian govenement shut down the schools and businesses. All of these people pay taxes out of their income in one form or another to support the Australian government. Now they were being told not to work. The funds from the 'Jobkeeper' program were given to the companies or institutions (non-profit or otherwise) to pay their employees during the shut-down so that the employees, who paid the taxes to establish fund, didn't starve to death during the COVID event.

Your take on all this seems to be that the Catholic School system in Australia pocketed the money and their employees starved - which isn't true. Having a powerful lobby isn't a sin, rather smart. How do you know the Baptist School system didn't get any money. According to the article northern half of the Australian Catholics School system weren't given much at all.

Well? Do you contend that the anybody who worked for the Catholic School system in Australia should have starved to death not having any income for nearly a year and a half - because the government and you don't like Catholics?

JoeT
No I actually said the government made a mistake. Again poor reading comprehension. Moral reason, moral reason. Talk about not understanding the written word at all, that money was not used as it was meant to be used which was to pay teachers. It went from the individual schools to RCC education office.

You seem to have a problem. Actually I have a problem with both catholic education and companies and anyone else who took money, did not use it as it was meant to be used and then did not do the MORALLY RIGHT thing which was to pay it back.

There is only one institution that claims to be the pillar of truth and morals and if they make they claim, they should live up to said claim. There is only one institution that claims to be His church, His church would have done the right thing and repaid it back. You and your institution make the claims then where is the fruit that those claims are true?

The actions are ones of greed, no morals at all.

OF COURSE!!! When pigs fly. All you have to do is get rid of the Bible, and it gets easy.

BUT HEY!!! Bergoglio seems intent to destroy the Catholic system, so who knows???
Relax. His papal Frankitude will no more succeed in destroying the Catholic Church than anyone else whoever tried, including heretical bishops, popes, and priests.

Back