Seventh-Day Adventists are NOT Christians!

Twisting Bible Prophecy
There is absolutely no valid biblical basis for this bizarre doctrine. As pointed out earlier, it is based upon a misinterpretation and misapplication of Daniel 8:14. The prophecy concerns the actions of Antiochus Epiphanes (215-164 BC). It refers to a restoration of “the holy place” after it has been “trampled.” This occurred when Antiochus took Jerusalem in 167 BC and stopped the sacrifices in the Temple. This led to the Maccabean revolt which succeeded in reconquering Jerusalem. In 164 BC the Jews cleansed and rededicated the Temple. Hanukkah is the eight day festival celebrating this event.
Applying this prophecy to the Heavenly sanctuary is ridiculous. Since when has the Holy of Holies in Heaven ever been defiled or trampled down? Since when has it needed to be restored?
The prophecy also refers to a time period during which the “holy place” will remain desecrated. That time period is “2,300 evenings and mornings.” The King James version translates this to read “2,300 days.” William Miller converted these days into years. SDA teachers defend this conversion on the basis of Numbers 14:34 and Ezekiel 4:6 where prophets were specifically told to interpret days in their prophecies as years. But those verses have no application to Daniel 8:14.
Perverting the Atonement
More significant is the fact that the whole concept of “investigative judgment” is unbiblical and contrary to the true Gospel as revealed in the New Testament. Jesus entered the Holy of Holies in Heaven immediately after His Ascension, and not in 1844 (Hebrews 1:3, 6:19-20, 8:1, 9:6-12, 24 and 12:2). His atoning work is not continuing in Heaven. It was finished on the Cross (John 19:30 and Romans 3:24-26). Jesus is currently serving as our High Priest before the Father’s throne (Hebrews 8:1-2).
Further, the Bible teaches that a believer’s sins are both forgiven and forgotten (Hebrews 8:12). Believers will never be subjected to a judgment of their works to determine their salvation (John 5:24 and Hebrews 9:28). There is no condemnation for the person who has placed his or her faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior (Romans 8:1). The believer can be assured of salvation (1 John 5:13). As believers walk in faith, they experience a continual cleansing of sin by the blood of Jesus (1 John 1:7).
The concept of an “investigative judgment” is a blasphemy of the blood of Jesus because it asserts that His death on the Cross was insufficient to guarantee a believer’s salvation. Instead, Jesus must continue His atoning work by evaluating the works of each believer.
This whole concept is nothing but a thinly veiled form of works salvation. Think of it — the SDA member is taught that he can never be sure of his salvation until the judgment work of Jesus is completed and he is certified as one whose works validate his salvation. Here’s how Ellen White put it:
“Those who are living upon the earth when the intercession of Christ shall cease in the sanctuary above, are to stand in the sight of a holy God without a mediator. Their robes must be spotless, their character must be purified from sin by the blood of sprinkling. Through the grace of God and their own diligent effort, they must be conquerors in the battle with evil.”23
How could a true prophet of God speak such unbiblical words? The Bible says we are saved by grace through faith and not by works (Ephesians 2:8-9). Ellen White says salvation is by grace plus our own “diligent effort.” The Bible says Jesus will never cease being a believer’s mediator (Hebrews 7:25). Ellen White says that when believers stand before God to be judged, they will be “without a mediator.”
The bottom line regarding the pernicious doctrine of the “investigative judgment” is that it represents a desperate attempt to salvage an incorrect prophecy. William Miller was a sincere Baptist preacher who misinterpreted a biblical passage and inappropriately used it to set a date for the Lord’s return. When his prophecy failed, he took responsibility for his mistake and repented for all the grief and embarrassment he had caused. But his error led to the rise of a true false prophet who spiritualized Miller’s prophecy and then used that spiritualization to manufacture a doctrine that is alien to the Word of God. https://christinprophecy.org/.../the-seventh-day-adventists/

The time was right. America was hot with discussions on the return of Christ. As a result, many thousands (called Millerites) accepted his idea that Jesus would return in the year covering 1843-1844. He had arrived at this date based upon a study of Daniel 8:14 which says, "And he said to me, "For 2,300 evenings and mornings; then the holy place will be properly restored." He interpreted the 2300 evenings and mornings to be years and counted forward from 457 BC when the commandment to rebuild Jerusalem was given (Dan. 9:24-25).1 When his initial predictions failed, he adjusted his findings to conclude that Jesus would return on March 21, 1844, and then later on October 22, 1844. After these too failed, Miller quit promoting his ideas on Jesus' return and the "Millerites" broke up.
On the morning following the "Great Disappointment" of October 22, 1844, a Mr. Hiram Edson claimed to have seen a vision. He said that he saw Jesus standing at the altar of heaven and concluded that Miller had been right about the time, but wrong about the place. In other words, Jesus' return was not to earth, but a move into the heavenly sanctuary as is referenced in Heb. 8:1-2.
Mr. Joseph Bates (1792-1872), a retired sea captain and a convert to "Millerism" then began to promote the idea of Jesus moving into the heavenly sanctuary. He published a pamphlet which greatly influenced James (1821-1881) and Ellen White (1827-1915). It is these three who were the driving force behind the SDA movement. Numerous reports state that Ellen G. White (1827-1915) saw visions from an early age. Such was the case shortly after the Great Disappointment. Mrs. White claimed to see in a vision of a narrow path where an angel was guiding Adventists. Subsequent visions resulted in interpretations of the three angels in Rev. 14:6-11 as being 1843-1844 as the hour of God's judgment; the fall of Babylon signified by Adventists leaving various churches, and admonitions against Sunday worship. https://carm.org/.../history-seventh-day-adventist-church

CARM cannot recommend any church which would openly deny the biblical doctrine of predestination (in contradiction to Eph. 1:1-11), deny the doctrine of the immortality of the soul (in contradiction to Luke 16:19-31; Matt. 25:46), and deny eternal hellfire (in contradiction to Rev. 14:11). Nor can we recommend a church that affirms that Jesus is Michael the Archangel,1 and that the wicked are annihilated (in contradiction to Luke 16:19-31; Matt. 25:46).
1.The SDA church says that Jesus, as Michael the Archangel in the Old Testament, was not a created being as orthodox theology states of Michael the Archangel. Instead, the SDA church interprets the appearance of Michael the Archangel as the pre-incarnate Christ. https://carm.org/.../does-carm-recommend-seventh-day...

Buzzard

tdickensheets;​

I read thru the article you linked to;
enternet sites are not a good place to go for Truth;
they like other articles written are always skewed by the opinions of the author
Opinion are like my armpits, we all have 2, and they both stink;
my self included

the last week teaching in the Temple

Matt. 21:23
And when he was come into the temple,
the chief priests and the elders of the people came unto him as he was teaching,
and said,
By what authority doest thou these things?
and
who gave thee this authority?

24 And Jesus answered and said unto them,
I also will ask you one thing, which if ye tell me,
I in like wise will tell you by what authority I do these things

25 The baptism of John, whence was it?
from heaven, or of men?
And they reasoned with themselves,
saying,
If we shall say, From heaven; he will say unto us,
Why did ye not then believe him?

26 But if we shall say, Of men;
we fear the people;
for all hold John as a prophet.

27 And they answered Jesus,
and said, We cannot tell.
And he said unto them,
Neither tell I you by what authority I do these things.

Now Christ gets right to the Point

28 But what think ye?
A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first,

and said,
Son, go work to day in my vineyard.
He answered and said,
I will not: but afterward he repented, and went

30 And he came to the second, and said likewise.

And he answered and said,
I go, sir: and went not.

Now the Question is;
which one of the 2 did the will of the Father ????

31 Whether of them twain did the will of his father?

They say unto him, The first.

So; tdickensheets;
Who are these Two (2) Sons Christ spake of
;;
But what think ye?
A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first,
and said, .........................

CARM cannot recommend any church which would openly deny the biblical doctrine of predestination (in contradiction to Eph. 1:1-11), deny the doctrine of the immortality of the soul (in contradiction to Luke 16:19-31; Matt. 25:46), and deny eternal hellfire (in contradiction to Rev. 14:11). Nor can we recommend a church that affirms that Jesus is Michael the Archangel,1 and that the wicked are annihilated (in contradiction to Luke 16:19-31; Matt. 25:46).
1.The SDA church says that Jesus, as Michael the Archangel in the Old Testament, was not a created being as orthodox theology states of Michael the Archangel. Instead, the SDA church interprets the appearance of Michael the Archangel as the pre-incarnate Christ. https://carm.org/.../does-carm-recommend-seventh-day...
So you can Cut-N-Paste CARM statements, that is being an apologist of other people's opinions.

Are you prepared to defend these CARM statements in this forum ???

Yours in Christ, Michael