Share your evidence for Christianity

Mr Laurier

What happens is that the two Ethics cross Streams like in Ghostbusters. In Judaism and in Islam, that person may have a tougher choice than I would as a Christian; we are no longer under the Law of God but are now under the Law of Christ; I can Lie to save my Daughter. Saint James said that if we keep the Royal Law, which is 'Love your Neighbor as you Love yourself', as Christians we are doing well (though we could be doing better). Mr Laurier, I may be the better choice out of the Christians here to show you true Christianity. If we Love our Neighbor but one day tell a Lie, we're still doing well because we Love our Neighbor...
I grew up in christianity. It is the water I swim in every day. Most of the people I deal with daily, are christians. And I was an active and devout christian for a large chunk of my life. I have never voted for a candidate who was not a christian. And indeed running for office in this region requires being a christian.
You present an absolute, that you must never lie, PERIOD. But when confronted you return to the more nuanced way. You agree that your "objective morality" fails. But you still try to minimize that failure. Your list of magical commands leaves no room for nuance. For situations that require thought. YOU are already better than your god. But you need to justify and rationalize your gods absolute commands.
To lie to save a life, is the right moral choice. And while you know this to be true, you cannot let yourself admit it.
You must tapdance around the issue.

ReverendRV

I grew up in christianity. It is the water I swim in every day. Most of the people I deal with daily, are christians. And I was an active and devout christian for a large chunk of my life. I have never voted for a candidate who was not a christian. And indeed running for office in this region requires being a christian.
You present an absolute, that you must never lie, PERIOD. But when confronted you return to the more nuanced way. You agree that your "objective morality" fails. But you still try to minimize that failure. Your list of magical commands leaves no room for nuance. For situations that require thought. YOU are already better than your god. But you need to justify and rationalize your gods absolute commands.
To lie to save a life, is the right moral choice. And while you know this to be true, you cannot let yourself admit it.
You must tapdance around the issue.
If the Law of Christ is magical, so is the Law of Moses which says thou shalt not Lie; but you argue as if one is real if God exists but the other is not real if God exists. If the God of the Bible exists, the Law of Moses and the Law of Christ are both true...

I see that you should know Christianity well because of your testimony. You should know that the Bible says the Christian is Widowed from the Law of Moses. Saint Paul brought up that a wife is bound to her husband, until he dies; then she is free to remarry. He draws the picture of our second marriage to another Law of God; IE the Royal Law/the Law of Christ. As I said, you should like spending time with me, because I will tell you the truth about Christianity compared to others here. The Law of Moses and the Law of Christ are like two Marital Covenants with two different people; God and Christ...

The Law of Christ doesn't fail. The Biblical example of the Law of Christ can be seen in God telling Saint Peter to eat unclean animals, because what God makes clean is okay for Christians. God makes it clean by placing us in a 'New' covenant where it's okay. We can Worship on any day, we don't have to Worship on the last day of the week. Saint Peter violated the Unpardonable Sin, but became one of the three Pillars of the early Church. If Peter could do this, we can keep the Law to Love our Neighbor as we Love ourselves, and Lie to save our Neighbor...

Last edited:

Mr Laurier

If the Law of Christ is magical, so is the Law of Moses which says thou shalt not Lie; but you argue as if one is real if God exists but the other is not real if God exists. If the God of the Bible exists, the Law of Moses and the Law of Christ are both true...

I see that you should know Christianity well because of your testimony. You should know that the Bible says the Christian is Widowed from the Law of Moses. Saint Paul brought up that a wife is bound to her husband, until he dies; then she is free to remarry. He draws the picture of our second marriage to another Law of God; IE the Royal Law/the Law of Christ. As I said, you should like spending time with me, because I will tell you the truth about Christianity compared to others here. The Law of Moses and the Law of Christ are like two Marital Covenants with two different people; God and Christ...

The Law of Christ doesn't fail. The Biblical example of the Law of Christ can be seen in God telling Saint Peter to eat unclean animals, because what God makes clean is okay for Christians. God makes it clean by placing us in a 'New' covenant where it's okay. We can Worship on any day, we don't have to Worship on the last day of the week. Saint Peter violated the Unpardonable Sin, but became one of the three Pillars of the early Church. If Peter could do this, we can keep the Law to Love our Neighbor as we Love ourselves, and Lie to save our Neighbor...
Your "If" rests on presuppositions that are not backed by evidence.
The gods (plural and lower case) of the bible, are no more real than the gods of the eddas.
The bible says the earth is a flat plane that rests on pillars, and the sky is a solid structure that supports a city made of either fire or gold.
The law of Christ says that the pope is the living representative of Jesus... no wait, The king of England is Jesus' living representative... no wait, Its the Tsar of Muscovy... No, its the Patriarch of Constantinople. No, Its Creflo Dollar.

I have no wish to spend time with you.
I escaped from Christianity several decades ago. And have no wish to go back.

ReverendRV

Your "If" rests on presuppositions that are not backed by evidence.
The gods (plural and lower case) of the bible, are no more real than the gods of the eddas.
The bible says the earth is a flat plane that rests on pillars, and the sky is a solid structure that supports a city made of either fire or gold.
The law of Christ says that the pope is the living representative of Jesus... no wait, The king of England is Jesus' living representative... no wait, Its the Tsar of Muscovy... No, its the Patriarch of Constantinople. No, Its Creflo Dollar.

I have no wish to spend time with you.
I escaped from Christianity several decades ago. And have no wish to go back.
Thanks for your time; feel free to say hey anytime...