Shared Pulpit, shared Table

Beloved Daughter

I'm not sure how that applies to anything I said.
Somehow, I knew you would respond in this manner.

Honestly, I don't know how some Episcopalians can, in good conscience call themselves Christians.

This supposedly very learned Bishop, dodges all the facts of the Bible for political correctness. The Bible says "I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the father except through me"

Here, the same Bishop scolds the Apostle Paul

Disgraceful behavior by people who claim to love God.

HillsboroMom

Honestly, I don't know how some Episcopalians can, in good conscience call themselves Christians.

Honestly, I don't know how some PEOPLE can, in good conscience, call themselves Christians.

Some people, in this very forum, are barely human, let alone Christian, in their behavior.

But Jesus seems to love them all the same. So I guess I should, too.

BMS

Honestly, I don't know how some PEOPLE can, in good conscience, call themselves Christians.

Some people, in this very forum, are barely human, let alone Christian, in their behavior.

But Jesus seems to love them all the same. So I guess I should, too.
Things that cause people to stumble will come, but woe to anyone through whom they come. Jesus would never have said that would He.
One cant love God by celebrating what God hates. I wonder HillsboroMom how your love for people is manifested.

HillsboroMom

I wonder HillsboroMom how your love for people is manifested.

No need to wonder.

My love for people is manifested in many ways.
  • I donate time and money to many worthwhile causes.
  • If I see someone struggling with something, and I can help, I do.
  • I pray without ceasing. When necessary, I use words.
How is your love for people manifested?

BMS

No need to wonder.

My love for people is manifested in many ways.
  • I donate time and money to many worthwhile causes.
  • If I see someone struggling with something, and I can help, I do.
  • I pray without ceasing. When necessary, I use words.
How is your love for people manifested?
The same half the gospel as you and the other half as well. Like the summary in James 1 what God wants is to look after widows and orphans and to keep from being poluted by the world.
And of course sin is mentioned much more in the New Testament than love. The love of God is primarily salvation from sin. If we have leaders in the churches celebrating sin then thats not the gospel.

There is actually no record of Francis of Assisi saying preach the gospel and if necessary use words. Though he made himself poor and relied on God, he used to go into villages, stand on a straw bail or something and preach the gospel of salvation. Today he would likely get moved on by the police in the UK.