Sharing of Christ sufferings

Oh for goodness sakes, get real. Even you will never hopefully suffer like Paul suffered.
I don't believe that. Peter says that we have been called for this purpose because Christ suffered for us as an example that we should follow in his steps. I pray that I might be considered worthy to suffer for his sake.

Paul's prayer is also my prayer:

I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the sharing of his sufferings by becoming like him in his death, if somehow I may attain the resurrection from the dead......Let those of us then who are mature be of the same mind.

So then yes let those of us who are mature be of the same mind.

Interesting line of thought. So in actuality, you agree with the Roman Catholics on Luzon Island in the Philippines who literally have themselves crucified on Good Friday every year? The actions of these Catholics are controversial even with the Magisterium of the RCC.

The government has warned the Catholics of the possibility of tetanus, hepatitis and other infections from this devout practice of Catholics seeking to "share in" Christ's sufferings.

Interesting line of thought. So in actuality, you agree with the Roman Catholics on Luzon Island in the Philippines who literally have themselves crucified on Good Friday every year? The actions of these Catholics are controversial even with the Magisterium of the RCC.

The government has warned the Catholics of the possibility of tetanus, hepatitis and other infections from this devout practice of Catholics seeking to "share in" Christ's sufferings.
I don't think that is what Paul was thinking.

Then become Born Again biblically.
You say that as though it's just up to us to be born again? Our choice. This co-operation in our own conversion of heart is closer to Catholic teaching than you might realize ie co-operating with Gods grace by a free will choice.

You say that as though it's just up to us to be born again? Our choice. This co-operation in our own conversion of heart is closer to Catholic teaching than you might realize ie co-operating with Gods grace by a free will choice.
Is it Gods will that all be saved? If so why are not all saved? John 3:16. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” The whoever,s are the ones that become Born Again.

I don't believe that. Peter says that we have been called for this purpose because Christ suffered for us as an example that we should follow in his steps. I pray that I might be considered worthy to suffer for his sake.
2Tim 3:12
Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,

There ya go.

Then you misunderstand what we are saying. Its NOT your choice.

John 1
12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Jesus says:

Matt 11

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Every human suffers, I am watching those in Ukraine and those in the floods, saved or unsaved. Yet Jesus says we take up HIS yoke and LEARN from HIM (not the RCC) that it is light. With Jesus no matter what we suffer, He is with us and we have the comforter.

What are your praying for stigmata? I would pray no matter what we go through we stay the course. I know that Christians in the suffering countries, see the Western Christians as weak. I have prayed no matter what, no matter the threats that I never waver and that God strengthens me.

But really more importantly I want to love as Jesus loves even my enemies. It is more important than suffering. I want to act as He would act in situations. I want my mind to be like Christ. To keep your eyes on Jesus, no matter what. To get the first right is the most important.

I see you avoided answering what was Paul's affliction, what was his suffering. You avoid answering very relevant questions from all posters.

Real suffering for an RC would be to understand scriptural repentance and do it. That would alter their lives forever.

Hence my confusion when Spokenword responded to dings desire to be closer to Christ with "Then become Born Again biblically."
We can certainly repent. God draws us. It's His work in us and He gives us the gift of both repentance and belief. We offer God's free gift of eternal life whenever we evangelize but we can' make you accept it. And salvation isn't by water baptism which isn't biblical. Probably what he meant.

it is your choice to remain in bondage to the rcc or find a Spirit filled group and start hearing the truth of His word.

I left the rcc about 5 yrs before i was saved. tho looking back, that was most likely the Holy Spirit drawing me out of it, but I knew nothing about that back then.

Back