Sharing of Christ sufferings

Why did you say that?
It is obvious they all have rewards. So if you suffer for that reason then you are suffering wrong. It is not the same as what Jesus suffered in his death which the other RC is focused on. Suffering like Jesus did in His death.

So when you die on the cross let us know. Move on you do not understand it at all.
The words of Paul are very clear. The question is why did Paul want to share in Christ sufferings by becoming like him in his death if somehow he may attain the resurrection from the dead?

The words of Paul are very clear. The question is why did Paul want to share in Christ sufferings by becoming like him in his death if somehow he may attain the resurrection from the dead?
Oh he wanted to share in the resurrection, yes his words are clear on that point. When you are crucified let us all know.

It is obvious they all have rewards. So if you suffer for that reason then you are suffering wrong. It is not the same as what Jesus suffered in his death which the other RC is focused on. Suffering like Jesus did in His death.
You worded it as if you knew me personally and was accusing me personally?

Oh he wanted to share in the resurrection, yes his words are clear on that point. When you are crucified let us all know.
That is not what Paul said. Paul didn't say he wanted to "share" in the resurrection he said wanted to attain the resurrection from the dead.

He wanted to share in Christ sufferings by becoming like him in his death in somehow he may attain the resurrection from the dead.

That is not what Paul said. Paul didn't say he wanted to "share" in the resurrection he said wanted to attain the resurrection from the dead.

He wanted to share in Christ sufferings by becoming like him in his death in somehow he may attain the resurrection from the dead.
Not stopping you going and crucifying yourself to death but it is not want Paul wants or means. If you take it literally why haven't you done it.

As with the observations of the Council of Trent even today there are non Catholic Christians who believe that no matter what sins they engage in they are saved and unaccountable.

Small minority.
And there are Catholics like that as well.
So again, get your own house in order.

I want to get to the bottom of this because I'm developing a feeling that you are just fundamentally nasty and it's confusing because no Christian would cultivate such an attitude in their living faith. So what did you mean by it when you said in response to my scripture quote..."Yep you would look for rewards."

Reassure me that there is an apologetics basis for it and that you are not being fundamentally nasty which I really don't want to believe of you.
I feel the same way about you. I have not posted anything nasty at all. Except to dingoling about crucifying herself if she is serious about what Paul wrote and how we must follow and that is because the poster is all talk and in realty does not want to be crucified at all, or whipped.

You are the one who regularly posts ad hominems about others. Stop making everything personal, you will develop an ulcer. If you do not like a post please report it.

Everybody suffers in this world both the saved and the unsaved.

Well Jesus died by crucifixion and was whipped etc. Paul was beheaded supposedly and Peter crucified upside down.
And John tells us how to conquer the evil one.

Revelations 12:11, "But they conquered him by the blood of the lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they did not cling to life even in the face of death."

It is obvious from scripture that Christ is our example, and that persecution/suffering is a reality for Christians.

And John tells us how to conquer the evil one.

Revelations 12:11, "But they conquered him by the blood of the lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they did not cling to life even in the face of death."

It is obvious from scripture that Christ is our example, and that persecution/suffering is a reality for Christians.
Seriously when you go through real suffering that the world doesn't let me know. You misuse scriptures.

Yep we are to resist the devil. No need to suffer, just resist. James 4:7

Jesus name is powerful. Luke 10:17

Jesus said it is written. Matt 4:4

4 But Jesus said, “It is written, ‘Man is not to live on bread only. Man is to live by every word that God speaks.’”

Seriously when you go through real suffering that the world doesn't let me know. You misuse scriptures.

Yep we are to resist the devil. No need to suffer, just resist. James 4:7

Jesus name is powerful. Luke 10:17

Jesus said it is written. Matt 4:4

4 But Jesus said, “It is written, ‘Man is not to live on bread only. Man is to live by every word that God speaks.’”
"Real suffering" is what waits for us.

You don't even know the correct name of the books of the Bible.
Sad.

Do you even own a Bible?
If not, I'd be more than happy to send you one, free of charge.

Oh is that the so called non existent purgatory?
It is what we are called to.

I Peter 2:21, "For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you leaving you an example, so that you should follow in his steps."

Paul also says, "Indeed all who want to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.'

It is what we are called to.

I Peter 2:21, "For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you leaving you an example, so that you should follow in his steps."

Paul also says, "Indeed all who want to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.'
So what is this so called suffering you think you will suffer from???? You avoid answering questions like the plague.

Back