Sharing of Christ sufferings

mica said:
from scripture - so why don't you know it?

rcc/catholics - if you know scripture then you should know this also.
Is your charge that we haven't tried hard enough, put in enough effort, made enough resolve to know it?
no, those replies were to DAL who claims to have read the bible mega# of times and to understand it.
if your heart isn't in it then it'll be a struggle, but that doesn't mean your heart won't change. i know of 2 well known ministry leaders who started out reading it in order to prove it wrong. instead it proved them wrong, both became believers.

otoh, I tried reading it before I was saved and gave it up as hopeless. 6 months or so later I was saved and it became a great desire of my heart. that was over 40 yrs ago and it is still a great desire of my heart. as long as I can read, think and hear it will continue that way. I go to sleep listening to christian music or teachings - and wake up to them.

mica said:
it is your choice to remain in bondage to the rcc
Is it? Is choice involved or not?
unless the rcc has you physically chained to a pew, you can take yourself to another church and find out what it teaches. or find a teacher on tv. there are some good ones, but many are not. God won't damn you to hell for searching. the rcc may say that but scripture does not.

Paul's prayer is also my prayer:

I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the sharing of his sufferings by becoming like him in his death, if somehow I may attain the resurrection from the dead......Let those of us then who are mature be of the same mind.

So then yes let those of us who are mature be of the same mind.
Suffering is very much a part of the Christian life.

Peter tells us, "For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps."

Peter tells us, "For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps."
to whom is Peter writing
IOW who are the "you"?

is it to everyone? or to those already under extreme persecution to give them hope?

Suffering is very much a part of life. The suffering for Christians is the desire to be in heaven with Jesus and being here on earth. You are not being persecuted and killed for your faith.

When do think you will develop stigmata, even if you do that does not mean you will become a saint. Sorry, it does appear that not all become saints.

Yep as Mica notes RCs do not follow in His footsteps, they follow the leaders in the RCC and they have shown their feet of clay.

Suffering is very much a part of life. The suffering for Christians is the desire to be in heaven with Jesus and being here on earth. You are not being persecuted and killed for your faith.

When do think you will develop stigmata, even if you do that does not mean you will become a saint. Sorry, it does appear that not all become saints.

Yep as Mica notes RCs do not follow in His footsteps, they follow the leaders in the RCC and they have shown their feet of clay.
If we look at Hebrews 11 we see a lot of suffering.

We see suffering/persecution throughout scripture.
sure: but you used 1 Peter as an example
and (of course) you did not answer my question:

here it is again
to whom is Peter writing?
IOW who are the "you"?

is it to everyone? or to those already under extreme persecution to give them hope?

Last edited:
If we look at Hebrews 11 we see a lot of suffering.
But not western Catholics. Get real, you must be so disappointed to not have the stigmata. But really Hebs 11 is about the patriarchs and their faith.

How are you suffering? Did you have a child well past child bearing age? Where you killed by a brother? Are you in the floods? Have you moved to a strange land because God told you and did you walk there? Have you been asked to sacrifice a son? Have you been imprisoned? Is a pharaoh trying to kill you? Are you wandering around in a desert? Are you hiding spies?

Please inform us how you are suffering in a safe country for your religion. What is happening to you that is not happening also to the unsaved?

sure: but you used 1 Peter as an example
and (of course) you did not answer my question:

here it is again
to whom is Peter writing?
IOW who are the "you"?

There are numerous verses in scripture about suffering. II Peter is one of many.

Peter is writing to Christians.

How do you know what others are suffering? Is it by some sort of gnostic channelling?
No Gnostism is the RCC with its secret traditions. More insults, you RCs really know what loving your neighbour means.

Oh clever you that is why I asked the questions. None of us suffer anything other that what everyone believer and non believers suffer unless they are in countries were they are jailed or tortured. Then to misquote Hebrews 11 is a joke. I went through the sufferings and asked which one the poster was suffering. We all have to make ends met, put food on the table, have families, we can have illness, have to watch family die, some cannot find work, lose their homes etc.

So do not make up false claims about me. I never said I do know what anyone is suffering, but we all have similar life problems because we live in a fallen world. That is not the same as living in certain countries where Christians really suffer - 80 year old lady being circumcised to name one thing etc. It is not being in a war zone is it?

I must admit I have RC family members who are into spiritualism and mystics who love to see spirits channelled but personally I don't believe in doing what God clearly is against.

There are numerous verses in scripture about suffering. II Peter is one of many.

Peter is writing to Christians.
You quoted 1 Peter 2:21
If you understood Scripture as you say you do , then you would know that Peter is writing to those already under extreme persecution in order to give them hope.

But not western Catholics. Get real, you must be so disappointed to not have the stigmata. But really Hebs 11 is about the patriarchs and their faith.

How are you suffering? Did you have a child well past child bearing age? Where you killed by a brother? Are you in the floods? Have you moved to a strange land because God told you and did you walk there? Have you been asked to sacrifice a son? Have you been imprisoned? Is a pharaoh trying to kill you? Are you wandering around in a desert? Are you hiding spies?

Please inform us how you are suffering in a safe country for your religion. What is happening to you that is not happening also to the unsaved?
Jesus said that if they persecute me they will also persecute you. It doesn't matter what country we live in.

Jesus said that if they persecute me they will also persecute you. It doesn't matter what country we live in.
You have a strange focus. Please inform us how you are suffering, how are you being tortured. This is how false beliefs happen when they are taken out of context, misused. I asked heaps of questions and you have failed like usual to answer one. Are the questions too hard for you?

Jesus said: Matt 11:30

For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

Back