Sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ

How do you know it is now revealed by God?
Because the Church said it is.
When did God reveal it, what words did He use, who received it, where did it happen, was it just one person who got the word, how do you know it is not demonic???????
God revealed it during the three year public ministry of Christ and in the Apostolic period. The years we are talking are 30AD-100AD. The apostles received this and handed it on to the Church.

How do I know it is not demonic? Likes I says above: the Church judged the evidence in Scripture and Tradition, weighed the arguments for and against the doctrines, and then determined that the doctrine is taught by the Scriptures and Tradition.

God revealed it during the three year public ministry of Christ and in the Apostolic period. The years we are talking are 30AD-100AD. The apostles received this and handed it on to the Church.

How do I know it is not demonic? Likes I says above: the Church judged the evidence in Scripture and Tradition, weighed the arguments for and against the doctrines, and then determined that the doctrine is taught by the Scriptures and Tradition.
Well just because a bunch of men who do not meet the scriptural requirements say it is so means nothing and proves nothing. Your institution is the opposite of apostolic.

So what you are telling me is you trust a bunch of men who fail the scriptural requirements for leaders, well that is convincing.

Hahahahahaha.

I have met many of those wicked, worldly, ungodly Catholics who were "partakers of divinity."

The proof is in the pudding.
I have not.
But Paul DOES warn about taking the Eucharist unworthily, doesn't he? Why should anyone be concerned about receiving what you call mere bread and wine? I'm sure they aren't at your church.

How do you know it is now revealed by God? When did God reveal it, what words did He use, who received it, where did it happen, was it just one person who got the word, how do you know it is not demonic???????
Oh, the wonders of circular reasoning! How inane can a reply get?
And NO, the church never said anything about the assumption of Mary. That is a Roman Catholic myth.
Without writing one word about the assumption of a sinner proclaiming salvation in her Savior, a sinner named Mary, who was like us in that regard?
It is mythology you promulgate.
It didn't come from Scripture. There was no basis for an argument. There isn't one now. It was settled and remains settled that the doctrine is unbiblical pablum from the pit.

God revealed it during the three year public ministry of Christ

Hahahahahaha.

Mary was still alive.

Any lie will do in Roman Catholicism.

and in the Apostolic period. The years we are talking are 30AD-100AD. The apostles received this and handed it on to the Church.

Lies.

There is no record that the Apostles believed Mary was assumed into Heaven.

They definitely did NOT pass that information on to the churches they planted because we have the record of what they passed on to those churches. The assumption of Mary into Heaven is totally absent from that record.

Hahahahahaha.

I have met many of those wicked, worldly, ungodly Catholics who were "partakers of divinity."

The proof is in the pudding.
I have not.

Such Catholic priests have filled the news in recent times.

Put your head back in the sand.

But Paul DOES warn about taking the Eucharist unworthily, doesn't he?

They are still alive and kicking....as immoral as ever.

Your magik wafers are powerless to save or change them. Puny god.

Sir, I said "I know the Gospel." I can't speak to what other Catholics do or do not know.

However, sir, Catholic culture is different from Protestant culture. We do not think in the categories you think. When you frame questions to Catholics--that require a Catholic to think like a Protestant--you should not be surprised that they cannot do that.
Nobody's asking you to think like a Christian. We're just asking you to acknowledge that the Bible says we are saved by grace through faith, and not by works.
As for "Believe on the Lord Jesus and you will be saved." Catholics and Protestants agree on that much.
Do you really? Or do you believe that belief must be accompanied by works in order to be saved?
Answer: becasue we now know that the Assumption of Mary is revealed by God.
What verse is that?
Put another way: disobedience is the sin. Once the Church has made a solemn judgement that something like the Assumption of Mary is revealed, the sin is in rejecting the authoritative judgement of the Church.
The Bible says sin is the transgression of the law, not disagreeing with the opinions of men.

Your magik wafers are powerless to save or change them. Puny god.
More blasphemy.
Mat 12:36. I tell you, on the day of judgment you will have to give an account for every careless word you utter; 37 for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

I used to post on the old Catholic Answers Forums. They had one area just for what they called "evangelization". But literally every thread there was about either recruiting someone to the Catholic Church, or keeping someone from leaving the Catholic Church.

Even though it was called "evangelization", there was never anything about evangelism or the Gospel there.
And recruiting people into the Catholic Church is not evangelism?

I was talking about the Catholic "gospel" which was taught to me by the Catholic Church:

"Be a Roman Catholic and be very religious and do lots of good works and you may possibly earn eternal life if you are really good enough....but you don't even have to believe in Jesus to be saved at all."
I’ve never heard any Catholic say all that.

"My flesh is true food indeed and My blood is true drink."
John 6 has nothing to do with the Lords Table. Its a figure of speech not meant to be taken literally.

Augustine, On Christian Doctrine, Book 3, ch 16;

If the sentence is one of command, either forbidding a crime or vice, or enjoining an act of prudence or benevolence, it is not figurative. If, however, it seems to enjoin a crime or vice, or to forbid an act of prudence or benevolence, it is figurative. “Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man,” says Christ, “and drink His blood, ye have no life in you.” This seems to enjoin a crime or a vice; it is therefore a figure, enjoining that we should have a share in the sufferings of our Lord, and that we should retain a sweet and profitable memory of the fact that His flesh was wounded and crucified for us.

No wiggle room here.

I’ve never heard any Catholic say all that.
CCC 1260 Every man who is ignorant of the Gospel of Christ and of his Church, but seeks the truth and does the will of God in accordance with his understanding of it, can be saved.

Ignorance of the gospel IS ignorance of Christ. And its impossible to do His will apart from being born again. And 'his understanding of it' opens the door to all kinds of unbiblical nonsense. And if you've never heard a catholic talk about works impacting their eternal state you haven't read the canons of Trent session 6.

Back