Shed Human Nature

Dant01

Many years ago it occurred to me that even if I was able to force myself to be pious
enough during my lifetime to qualify for Heaven; I was pretty sure I couldn't keep it up
for eternity. Sooner or later my true colors would show themselves because at the core
of my being is the soul of a creature-- the non-divine human nature of the original Adam.

Gen 3:20 . . Adam named his wife Eve, because she would be the mother of all people
everywhere.

Acts 17:26 . . From one man He created all the nations throughout the whole earth.

Therefore; my existence is no different than Adam's and that's because my existence
was produced by his existence, i.e. I am that first Adam's progeny. I am not a two-fold
being, i.e. I am not like Christ: the son of a divine being and the son of a human being. I
came from my mother's womb as only the son of a human being, i.e. a son of Adam.

That's a serious handicap because it's already been decided that no progeny of that first
Adam will be-- and currently is not --accepted into the kingdom of God (1Cor 15:50)
consequently the extremely grave importance of taking the initiative to verify that the
nature of Christ is in you per Rom 8:9 and 2Cor 13:5-6 in order to assure that we don't
leave this life with only non-divine human nature at the core our being.

2 Pet 1:3-4 . . His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness
through our knowledge of him who called us by His own glory and goodness. Through
these He has given us His very great and precious promises, so that through them you
may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by
evil desires.

FAQ: Is the divine nature spoken of by Peter a reward, i.e. something to be earned?

A: No; it's freely distributed and totally undeserved: no strings attached and nothing required
in return.

FAQ: Why is the divine nature so seldom mentioned in the New Testament?

A: Because it's usually presented by its other description: eternal life.

FAQ: Eternal life is a freebie?

A: It is.

NOTE: I suspect that when people in the fiery section of the netherworld find out how
easy it would've been to avoid their fate; they get very upset-- some may even react
with yelping and howling like wounded dogs.
_

e v e

Read some ancient texts.... they say much about adam, confirm His words to us, and can help here!

Spence Tepper

"
12 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.
Romans 8:12-14

"If by the Spirit"
Not a given. Must be done by the Spirit....
"You put to death"

That's not the Spirit's job. It's not Christ's job. It's your job. Tools were given. Sword was given. Power was given. You must use them.

YOU

e v e

yes that s true. His 144k sons who listen to Him and understand.

but its not easy to find any here on this forum...
who care.

Spence Tepper

If we are adopted, still we are heirs. We do not need to die the death of frail and fallable humans, in shame, deeply in mounting debt over the priceless life we have misused. Yes we are all born sons of Adam. But let us die Sons of Christ. We can share in Christ's death. He died nobly and in sacrifice. He died as God would have us die. He made Himself a model for us. And he paid all our debts. We inherit that. So not what we have earned, for that is sin and nearly infinite debt. An inheritance isn't what we earned. However, we can be better children. We can be grateful for our inheritance. It isn't just the wealth of salvation. It is the even greater wealth of our Father's company, a relationship to a Loving Father, and the wealth to learn about Love from the source. Every Father wants their children to grow up strong and gentle, firm in our resolve, and forgiving, loving, kind, learning, and moving forward in His love.

So when we eat the food He has given, though we didn't earn it, though we didn't even prepare it, and certainly did not pay for it, we can say at least "Thank you Father." And try to do our best every day. Turn to Him for strength every day. Children do fall as they attempt to stand on their own. But that is how they learn to walk. They struggle. They strive, they laugh at every tiny step forward. So can we. Because our Father is there at every step encouraging us "Keep going! Run the race nobly!"

Last edited: