Sheep Follow the Shepherd Not Joseph Smith

None of your verses are referring to Joseph Smith

I entirely agree. The posted verses are referring to Paul--who was an apostle of Christ--not Christ Himself.

And--if an apostle could make the claims Paul did--then the critics here should have a field day with him, as he is not the Shepherd Jesus Christ. Where does that leave Janice's OP statement?

But Paul was the apostle God called to be a shepherd of the flock--just as Joseph Smith was.

So--if the critics here are going to say follow the Shepherd--and not Joseph Smith--and identify the Shepherd as Jesus Christ--then what criticism do they reserve for Paul--who made these statements?

1 Corinthians 4:16--King James Version (KJV)
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

1 Corinthians 3:10---King James Version (KJV)

10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

Philippians 1:7---King James Version (KJV)
7 Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace.

2 Timothy 3:10--King James Version (KJV)

10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

Romans 2:16---King James Version (KJV)
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

2 Thessalonians 3:4---King James Version (KJV)

4 And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you.

Could we make he case--why should they follow Paul, when we have the Shepherd? Why don't we hear those objections by the critics? What about the polemic--Sheep follow the Shepherd--not Paul?

The fact is-- it's a Biblical pattern the sheep follow the ones God chooses, as Paul claims--then where is the efficacy of Janice's case?

John 13:20---King James Version
20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Back