Should parents and doctors lose power if child of any age wants to be transgender?

john james

Should parents and doctors lose power if child of any age wants to be transgender?

Another transwoman (in the video)says transwomen are men. Are only the ones pushing an agenda saying they are women?

Last edited:

BMS

Great thread OP post. This highlights several things
Firstly who are the transgender people because there are different views among them.?
Secondly whose worldview is science based?
Thirdly which of them present their view with calm and which screem hatred

Harry Leggs

The medical profession is under a cloud overall and this is part of the reason. Providing puberty blockers and cross-sex hormones to underage is more voodoo than actual medicine.

BMS

The medical profession is under a cloud overall and this is part of the reason. Providing puberty blockers and cross-sex hormones to underage is more voodoo than actual medicine.
Its woke and has captured even parts of the medical profession. Its grooming, child abuse and conversion therapy, which at the same time they think they are banning.

BMS

It's not my problem if you feel insulted by facts.
I don't feel insulted by facts, nor in fact do insults bother me personally even when you post stuff that isnt fact, but I do expect posters to debate on a debating forum. If you think something is not a fact describe why preferably with evidence instead of spewing out your identity politics garbage.

Whateverman

I don't feel insulted by facts, nor in fact do insults bother me personally even when you post stuff that isnt fact, but I do expect posters to debate on a debating forum. If you think something is not a fact describe why preferably with evidence instead of spewing out your identity politics garbage.
  • Right-wing conservatives here are a good example of what happens when reprobate thinking takes over.
  • No point was made in the OP.
Which of these did you feel insulted by, or that failed to address the "point" of the thread?

Electric Skeptic

Great thread OP post. This highlights several things
Not really.
Firstly who are the transgender people because there are different views among them.?
The transgender people are those who choose to live as a different gender to the one matching the sex with which they were born. That's what transgender means.
Secondly whose worldview is science based?
Who's talking about worldviews? People's views on sex, gender and transgenderism are not a 'worldview'. They are one aspect of someone's worldview, and the rest of their worldview might be wildly different despite agreement on sex, gender and transgenderism.
Thirdly which of them present their view with calm and which screem hatred
Interesting, but irrelevant to the issue, really. Some Christians scream hatred - does that mean we should ignore, throw away or discard Christianity because of them?

BMS

Not really.
Absolutely really

The transgender people are those who choose to live as a different gender to the one matching the sex with which they were born. That's what transgender means.
Woke fluffery and complete 100% garbage
So its is a deception then and not all transgender people agree with you. Everyone is born the sex they are, and so a 'different gender' is not recognising the sex one is.
Already had this explained by Debbie Hayton, a science teacher.

Who's talking about worldviews?
Apart from me in the post you haven quoted? Well me for starters. hello?
People's views on sex, gender and transgenderism are not a 'worldview'.
Of course they are since they differ.
They are one aspect of someone's worldview,
as opposed to being part of someone else's worldview.

Interesting, but irrelevant to the issue, really. Some Christians/
no, them. as in the videos?

Electric Skeptic

Woke fluffery and complete 100% garbage
Sorry. Again, consult a dictionary. Wait, I'll do it for you since you dislike them so much:

Merriam-Webster
Transgender - of, relating to, or being a person whose gender identity differs from the sex the person had or was identified as having at birth

You're wrong again.
So its is a deception then and not all transgender people agree with you.
No, no deception and you've yet to cite any transgender person who disagrees with the dictionary.

Everyone is born the sex they are, and so a 'different gender' is not recognising the sex one is.
Umm...no. There would be no transgender if we didn't recognise the sex one was born with. That's the entire point of transgenderism - their gender disagrees with the sex they were born with.

Already had this explained by Debbie Hayton, a science teacher.
Nope.

Apart from me in the post you haven quoted? Well me for starters. hello?
So you're bringing up something nobody else has which is irrelevant to the discussion. Good for you.

Of course they are since they differ.
So now anything where two people differ is a worldview? I'll have to tell my wife that she and I have different worldviews since she likes pistachio ice cream and I don't care for it.

In reality, we have to go to that thing you hate most, the dictionary:

Merriam-Webster
Worldview - a comprehensive conception or apprehension of the world especially from a specific standpoint

Sorry, but one's opinion on transgenderism is not a "comprehensive conception or apprehension of the world". It certainly could be part of one (as I already said); it is not one.

as opposed to being part of someone else's worldview.
Being an aspect of someone's worldview is being a part of someone's worldview. Do you need me to go to the dictionary for the definition of 'aspect' now?

no, them. as in the videos?
Quote mining what I said just shows that you failed to address the point I actually made.

BMS

Sorry. Again, consult a dictionary. Wait, I'll do it for you since you dislike them so much:
No, we did dictionary definition and you got that wrong, or at least wouldn't acknowledge it. I see the science teacher got it right and transgender at that.

Umm...no. There would be no transgender if we didn't recognise the sex one was born with.
You would mean transsexual, otherwise it would be the gender one was born with.

So you're bringing up something nobody else has
Yes, thats allowed. I was juts pointing out that I brought it up.

So now anything where two people differ is a worldview?
So in the OP two people who identify as transgender say opposite things and you believe one and not the other. And even more than that you believe the one who doesn't know the science.
I'll have to tell my wife that she and I have different worldviews since she likes pistachio ice cream and I don't care for it.
So what gender is your wife then?

Electric Skeptic

No, we did dictionary definition and you got that wrong
We just did the dictionary definition. And you don't even want to address it.

or at least wouldn't acknowledge it. I see the science teacher got it right and transgender at that.
If she disagrees with the dictionary, she needs to take it up with them.

You would mean transsexual, otherwise it would be the gender one was born with.
Transsexual and transgender are synonyms. Back to that dictionary you hate so much...

Merriam Webster:
Transsexual: of, relating to, or being a person whose gender identity is opposite the sex the person had or was identified as having at birth
Transgender: of, relating to, or being a person whose gender identity differs from the sex the person had or was identified as having at birth

So you're happy to admit people can be transsexual, but still deny that transgenderism exist? Wow, you really must hate that dictionary...

es, thats allowed. I was juts pointing out that I brought it up.
Great. I was just pointing out that it was irrelevant, that nobody else was speaking about it, and that it was pointless to even bring up.

So in the OP two people who identify as transgender say opposite things and you believe one and not the other.
Do they? Good for them. I don't watch an hour and a half worth of videos unless I know that they material to the argument. If you claim that they are saying something relevant, then either give a time in the video or quote them.

And even more than that you believe the one who doesn't know the science.
It has nothing to do with science. Gender is a societal construct, not a scientific one.
So what gender is your wife then?
She's female. How about yours?

You're just abandoning your silly 'worldview' argument now that you've seen an actual definition?

BMS

We just did the dictionary definition. And you don't even want to address it.
No we did dictionary definitions before.

If she disagrees with the dictionary, she needs to take it up with them.
She is one, so she knows

Transsexual and transgender are synonyms. Back to that dictionary you hate so much...
I didnt ask you about synonyms, I know what a synonym is and I know what deception means as well. You would mean transsexual, otherwise it would be the gender one was born with.

The dictionary has it wrong, ask transsexuals, gays and lesbians.

dont they?
Good for them.
good for you
I don't watch an hour and a half worth of videos unless I know that they material to the argument.
So you arent interested in the testimony of anyone who you dont agree with. I see.

It has nothing to do with science. Gender is a societal construct, not a scientific one.
thats right, its an imaginary societal construct that most people reject as nonsense.

She's female.
QED No, I asked you what gender she is, and you have replied with what sex she is. Didn't you say sex and gender are different? The fact is gender is used to deny the sex. That is the deception

Electric Skeptic

No we did dictionary definitions before.
You just want to ignore the dictionary definitions because they don't suit you.
She is one, so she knows
Already addressed.
I didnt ask you about synonyms, I know what a synonym is and I know what deception means as well. You would mean transsexual, otherwise it would be the gender one was born with.
Apparently you don't know what a synonym is since you keep denying it. Transsexual means transgender. If someone is transsexual, they are transgender. Sorry if you don't like that.
he dictionary has it wrong, ask transsexuals, gays and lesbians.
I don't watch videos unless I know that they material to the argument.
So you arent interested in the testimony of anyone who you dont agree with. I see.
Another falsehood from you. You're racking them up today.
thats right, its an imaginary societal construct that most people reject as nonsense.
No, it's not.
QED No, I asked you what gender she is, and you have replied with what sex she is.
Her gender is female. Her sex is female.
Didn't you say sex and gender are different?
They are two different things, yes. They can have the same value. Your hair can be brown and your eyes can be brown - that doesn't make them the same thing.
The fact is gender is used to deny the sex. That is the deception
No, it is not. Again, there would be no transgender if we didn't recognise the sex one was born with. That's the entire point of transgenderism - their gender disagrees with the sex they were born with. And transgender means the same as transsexual, before you want to try to deny transgenderism's existence again.

BMS

Her gender is female. Her sex is female.
So according to you they are the same. But in fact gender is used to deny the sex a person is, hence allowing a man who calls himself transwoman gets to compete in the women's event at the Olympics. No, her sex can be female but her gender would have to be different. In fact it would be masculine or feminine.

They are two different things, yes.
Obviously not.
They can have the same value.
Obviously not.
Your hair can be brown and your eyes can be brown
So here you have just applied the same characteristic to two different things, whereas your statement about your wife applied two different characteristics to the same thing. You are very very confused indeed. But that is the lie of gender identity.

No, it is not.
Of course it is, hence transwoman, a man by biological sex using the term 'woman' in 'transwoman' to pretend he is the biological sex of woman, which he isn't. You have a description based on reality from a science teacher in the OP video, where the person lives out their life as the opposite sex, not where they try and deceive themselves and everyone else pretending they are the opposite sex.

That's the entire point of transgenderism - their gender disagrees with the sex they were born with.
So its a deception.
transgender means the same as transsexual,
So the same and not different?

before you want to try to deny transgenderism's existence again.
It doesn't exist in the imaginary form you have. No need to deny what obviously doesn't exit

The second video describes transsexual sometimes unhelpfully called transgender and the first describes the child abusing lie of the woke ideology. And we need to stand firmly against it.