Should rape by deception be legal for trans people? To have sex without telling they are trans.

Temujin

There you go again thinking about gender when the discussion is about biological sex and race through skin colour. Why do you do that?
The subject on the card is trans gender, not sex or race. Concentrate. Now, what were you saying about evidence?

Algor

Should rape by deception be legal for trans people? To have sex without telling they are trans.

My friend is a victim of this. The person didn't share they were trans until after wards. My friend stopped all communication with the trans person. And is trying to cope with traumatic experience. They dealing with a high level of anxiety now. They are afraid to have any social interactions with anyone male or female they don't already know because they are scared they can't tell the difference.
Maybe people shouldn't sleep together until they can trust each other. If you want to charge a person with a felony because you voluntarily slept with them without getting to know them first, you have serious personal issues that can't be solved in any courts, and shouldn't be addressed with my tax money, thanks.

Mr Laurier

I dismissed Dawkins views on a subject he is not expert in, when you tried to use him as an expert. His views on paedophilia may be troubling, but they don't affect his abilities as an ethologist and science author. Neither are they anything to do with the topic of this thread.
Mr Dawkins deludes himself that the pedophiles who felt him up as a child, did not damage him in any way.
It is still a common phenomena amongst people who grew up attending christian boarding schools. They ignore the harm done to them.

Temujin

Mr Dawkins deludes himself that the pedophiles who felt him up as a child, did not damage him in any way.
It is still a common phenomena amongst people who grew up attending christian boarding schools. They ignore the harm done to them.
This is very true. The British boarding school system is not a way to bring up normal people. Just look at our Prime Minister.

john james

Maybe people shouldn't sleep together until they can trust each other. If you want to charge a person with a felony because you voluntarily slept with them without getting to know them first, you have serious personal issues that can't be solved in any courts, and shouldn't be addressed with my tax money, thanks.

This is not in response to any particular person....

Some are treating whether a person is a biological man or not, biological woman or not, has a penis or not, had a penis or not, has a vagina or not, had a vagina or not, like it is any other trait or characteristic of a person that some lie about to get sex. Being a biological man, biological woman, having a penis, having had a penis, having a vagina, having had a vagina, are serious things about a person that most people automatically deem necessary to know before even thinking about approaching a person. Because they wouldn't approach the person if they knew. This is not even on the same level as an sexually transmitted disease. It is even worst. Like it or not, most people don't have relationships or sex with people that don't have their desired sex. Like it or not most people don't have a relationship or sex with people that don't have their desire "ORIGINAL" genitals.

It appears some on here are acting like they don't know this, they can't relate or they are contributing to a false narrative that these things don't matter.

I'm am aware that a small small amount of people think that these things don't matter. And they are answering the question from this presupposition. The OP is from the presupposition that IT DOES MATTER.

Some trans think it matters:

Temujin

Being a biological man, biological woman, having a penis, having had a penis, having a vagina, having had a vagina, are serious things about a person that most people automatically deem necessary to know before even thinking about approaching a person. Because they wouldn't approach the person if they knew. This is not even on the same level as an sexually transmitted disease. It is even worst. Like it or not, most people don't have relationships or sex with people that don't have their desired sex. Like it or not most people don't have a relationship or sex with people that don't have their desire "ORIGINAL" genitals.

I'm am aware that a small small amount of people think that these things don't matter. And they are answering the question from this presupposition. The OP is from the presupposition that IT DOES MATTER.
If you are looking for a mental disorder, look no further. This post is disgustingly wrong. Not just inaccurate, wrong. Most trans people are able to find partners and find lasting loving relationships. Many are married. Many stay married to the partner they had before they transitioned. All of which gives the lie to your prejudice. You simply have no right to claim that people who are different are diseased, or in your words, worse than diseased. If you find it difficult to be around people unless you know what shape their genitals are, don't assume that others have the same fear and loathing.

When I first saw your posts, I had some respect for you, grudging though it was. No longer. Anyone who can type this post of yours deserves no respect.

Mike McK

This is not in response to any particular person....

Some are treating whether a person is a biological man or not, biological woman or not, has a penis or not, had a penis or not, has a vagina or not, had a vagina or not, like it is any other trait or characteristic of a person that some lie about to get sex. Being a biological man, biological woman, having a penis, having had a penis, having a vagina, having had a vagina, are serious things about a person that most people automatically deem necessary to know before even thinking about approaching a person. Because they wouldn't approach the person if they knew. This is not even on the same level as an sexually transmitted disease. It is even worst. Like it or not, most people don't have relationships or sex with people that don't have their desired sex. Like it or not most people don't have a relationship or sex with people that don't have their desire "ORIGINAL" genitals.

It appears some on here are acting like they don't know this, they can't relate or they are contributing to a false narrative that these things don't matter.

Some trans think it matters:

I only watched a couple of minutes, because I have a tee time coming up shortly, but I thought it was interesting that he said he's a Republican.

That ought to trigger the science denying Democrats here.

john james

If you are looking for a mental disorder, look no further. This post is disgustingly wrong. Not just inaccurate, wrong. Most trans people are able to find partners and find lasting loving relationships. Many are married. Many stay married to the partner they had before they transitioned. All of which gives the lie to your prejudice. You simply have no right to claim that people who are different are diseased, or in your words, worse than diseased. If you find it difficult to be around people unless you know what shape their genitals are, don't assume that others have the same fear and loathing.

When I first saw your posts, I had some respect for you, grudging though it was. No longer. Anyone who can type this post of yours deserves no respect.

When I say "This is not even on the same level as an sexually transmitted disease." I dont mean some or I view trans as worst than an sexually transmitted disease. I mean this. When some date, knowing if the other person has a STD is very important to them. For some it determines if they continue dating the person and it determines if they have sex with the person. It is very important to them to know this. It is so important that many will request the person gets tested for STD's and they will want to see the results. For most, knowing if someone is a biological man, a biological woman, had or has a penis, had or has a vagina, is even more important than knowing if the have an STD. I am saying having the knowledge of one is more important than having the knowledge of the other. I am not say being trans is worst than having a STD.

However I am familiar with how some think when it comes to things like this, when comes to macroaggressions, and when it comes to micro aggressions. Which tells me that it is possible no matter what I say at this point that what I said before will be taken the wrong way and their is nothing I can do about that. I'm sorry if that happens. I'll pray about it. But I'm good either way. To bad the idea that because motives and intentions can't always be known some have to try to uses certain strategies to try to figure out what the person is really saying. And usually they are wrong.

It is possible I am wrong on this and it was just a misunderstanding. If so hopefully that will be discovered. If not, I'll pray about it. But I will still be good either way.

Temujin

When I say "This is not even on the same level as an sexually transmitted disease." I dont mean some or I view trans as worst than an sexually transmitted disease. I mean this. When some date, knowing if the other person has a STD is very important to them. For some it determines if they continue dating the person and it determines if they have sex with the person. It is very important to them to know this. It is so important that many will request the person gets tested for STD's and they will want to see the results. For most, knowing if someone is a biological man, a biological woman, had or has a penis, had or has a vagina, is even more important than knowing if the have an STD. I am saying having the knowledge of one is more important than having the knowledge of the other. I am not say being trans is worst than having a STD.

However I am familiar with how some think when it comes to things like this, when comes to macroaggressions, and when it comes to micro aggressions. Which tells me that it is possible no matter what I say at this point that what I said before will be taken the wrong way and their is nothing I can do about that. I'm sorry if that happens. I'll pray about it. But I'm good either way. To bad the idea that because motives and intentions can't always be known some have to try to uses certain strategies to try to figure out what the person is really saying. And usually they are wrong.

It is possible I am wrong on this and it was just a misunderstanding. If so hopefully that will be discovered. If not, I'll pray about it. But I will still be good either way.
I am very heartened to read this response. That you can say this, in itself, deserves respect..

BMS

The subject on the card is trans gender, not sex or race. Concentrate. Now, what were you saying about evidence?
Nope, sex is mentioned in the thread title, the woman in transwoman is the sex, and I have been referring you to the biological sex.
So the subject is not gender, but sex. No wonder you cant see any evidence when you refuse to look at it.

BMS

But Mr Dawkins is right when he points out the absurdity of people who imagine they can be a different colour and race or a different sex.
So credit where its due

Mr Laurier

But Mr Dawkins is right when he points out the absurdity of people who imagine they can be a different colour and race or a different sex.
So credit where its due
If you paint me blue, I will be blue.
Any Yorkshireman can learn to be a Devonshireman... or a Breton.

BMS

And far more diverse than your cult allows.
The Judeo-Christian-Islamic complex of religions, is far too obsessed with controlling sex.
It is long overdue for reform
So as I posted, Project Nettie signed by hundreds of biologist, affirms biological sex as binary and immutable.

The odd article that suggests otherwise, such as in Scientific American oct 22 2018, that the project cites, is a loose cannon.. a cult of you like.

That the Judeo Christian narative matches this scientific reality is indicative of your position being the cult, with you failing to address the points made and instead posturing with accusations of 'cult'.

One can change reality however long overdue one imagines it might be

Mr Laurier

So as I posted, Project Nettie signed by hundreds of biologist, affirms biological sex as binary and immutable.

The odd article that suggests otherwise, such as in Scientific American oct 22 2018 is a loose cannon.. a cult of you like.

That the Judeo Christian narative matches this scientific reality is indicative of your position being the cult, with you failing to address the points made and instead posturing with accusations of 'cult'.

One can change reality however long overdue one imagines it might be
Given that I am not even A cult...

Mr Laurier

I checked.
Project Nettie seems to have more mathematicians, philosophers, linguists, and Eng Lit scholars. Plenty of engineers and economists too.

BMS

I checked.
Project Nettie seems to have more mathematicians, philosophers, linguists, and Eng Lit scholars. Plenty of engineers and economists too.
And plenty of biologists.
I checked, you didnt provide any evidence of reasoning at all