Shredding of reasonable gun control laws by courts

The court decision saying this man should own guns was AFTER he had committed those irresponsible actions.
That’s not how I read it. As I understand it, the appeals court ruling was to vacate the illegal gun possession conviction.

A federal grand jury had indicted Rahimi for possessing a firearm while under a domestic violence restraining order in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(8)

Rahimi moved to dismiss that indictment on the ground that § 922(g)(8) is unconstitutional.

Basically the law that makes it illegal to possess a fire arm because someone put a restraining order out on you… is unconstitutional. And I agree! Anyone can put a restraining order out on someone without going to court or having to prove their accusations are true.

Last edited:
If she has a PRO against him, then the law assumes he is entering her home to harm her.

Depends on the state. Many states have what is known as "Castle Doctrine", which I'll let your mom and dad explain to you.

How do you know? What's your evidence that she broke the law?

Only in the straw man argument you've created.
There are plenty of women in prison for killing their abusers.

And I already pointed out the 20 year sentence given to a women who just fired into a wall to let her abuser she meant business.

Giving women guns and telling them to shoot away is only going to get them arrested and faced with an expensive court case at best.

That’s not how I read it. As I understand it, the appeals court ruling was to vacate the illegal gun possession conviction.

A federal grand jury had indicted Rahimi for possessing a firearm while under a domestic violence restraining order in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(8)

Rahimi moved to dismiss that indictment on the ground that § 922(g)(8) is unconstitutional.

Basically the law that makes it illegal to possess a fire arm because someone put a restraining order out on you… is unconstitutional. And I agree! Anyone can put a restraining order out on someone without going to court or having to prove their accusations are true.
So you think Rahimi, given all his actions, which were considered in removing his gun rights, should have as many guns as he wants?

What the court did was to ensure that this guy, and everyone like him, can keep their guns no matter how irresponsible and dangerous they are.

Would you want to live next door to that guy?

And I already pointed out the 20 year sentence given to a women who just fired into a wall to let her abuser she meant business.

Giving women guns and telling them to shoot away is only going to get them arrested and faced with an expensive court case at best.
So every man in the whole world wants to put all women in jail.

So you think Rahimi, given all his actions, which were considered in removing his gun rights, should have as many guns as he wants?
No, but I do believe he's entitled to due process.
What the court did was to ensure that this guy, and everyone like him, can keep their guns no matter how irresponsible and dangerous they are.
Could you please quote that portion of the decision?
No, but I would rather take my chances living next door to him than to live in a country where citizens are not entitled to due process.

Yes, there are.

But that wasn't your claim. You said that any woman who acted in self defense would go to prison.

Not every woman who kills her abuser is acting in self defense.
Well, of course. Did you really think she could break the law and not be held accountable for it?

Twenty years is so excessive that it makes me doubt the truth of this claim, but if she acted as you described, then, yes, she did break the law.
I agree. That's why we were all so shocked that China Joe was stupid enough to tell women to take a shotgun and fire warning shots.

But, like they say, morons gonna moron.

No, but I do believe he's entitled to due process.

Could you please quote that portion of the decision?

No, but I would rather take my chances living next door to him than to live in a country where citizens are not entitled to due process.
I already quoted that part of the decision.

I gather that you would live next door to him as long as you had your own guns and could engage in a shootout if necessary. Maybe where you live the other neighbors would be fine with that and, with their own guns, would happily join in.

That’s not what I’m saying. If he was shooting at people and did all those things he was accused of, he should have to be tried and convicted of the crimes he committed, which are felonies, which would result in losing his right to posses a fire arm.

But! I don’t think one should lose their right to possess a fire arm merely because someone put a restraining order out against them. Anyone can do that. Anyone can make an allegation against you and put a restraining order out on you without going to court and having to prove you are guilty of a crime.
That’s not true. You’re overreacting.
Your appeals to emotion are irrelevant to the facts of the argument.

Last edited:
Really. If he just enters her home she can shoot him?
I though breaking and entering was not justification for shooting (see threads on Ashli Babbitt)

Sure, and after she confidently shoots the guy, the cops will arrest her and she will have a nice long prison sentence.

Not the LW terrorist that murdered Ashli.

He is popular with LW terrorists.
The woman is a victim if she has a gun and uses it, or if she doesn't and he kills or maims her.

Back