Simply Take God At His Word

Oh so you don't trust God.

2 Peter 1.3

His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

This means through our knowledge of Jesus, where is that knowledge of Jesus, it is in scripture.
I don't see the word "Scripture" in there. I see "divine power". What is the context?

I don't see the word "Scripture" in there. I see "divine power". Are you adding to Scripture?
I didn't say it was in there. I said and you need reading comprehension skills obviously - how do we know about Jesus He is in scripture. Try reading it without your RC len on, it may provide clarity. The word scripture does not need to be in there. It is you who is trying to add to scripture. I quoted the verse.

Your institution shows Jesus in a bad light, if we follow the examples of your leaders past and present we can do whatever we like. The real Jesus cannot be seen in your institution, your Jesus hides behind his mother and he is so scary you need to go through his mother and the actions of your leaders who claim to be in persona Christi shows a weak, sinful Jesus.

IN persona Christi means:

The Church says that the Priest acts "in persona Christi Capitis".

In persona Christi is a Latin phrase meaning "in the person of Christ", an important concept in Roman Catholicism. Wiki.

Last edited:
I didn't say it was in there. I said and you need reading comprehension skills obviously - how do we know about Jesus He is in scripture. Try reading it without your RC len on, it may provide clarity. The word scripture does not need to be in there. It is you who is trying to add to scripture. I quoted the verse.

Your institution shows Jesus in a bad light, if we follow the examples of your leaders past and present we can do whatever we like. The real Jesus cannot be seen in your institution, your Jesus hides behind his mother and he is so scary you need to go through his mother and the actions of your leaders who claim to be in persona Christi shows a weak, sinful Jesus.

The Church says that the no Priest acts "in persona Christi Capitis".

In persona Christi is a Latin phrase meaning "in the person of Christ", an important concept in Roman Catholicism. Wiki.
In persona Christi comes straight from Scripture.

2 Cor 2:10
Now to whomever you forgive anything, I also do; and indeed to whom I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, it is for the sake of you, in

The Church says that the no Priest acts "in persona Christi Capitis".

Now to whomever you forgive anything, I also do; and indeed to whom I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, it is for the sake of you, in the person of Christ,

Now to whomever you forgive anything, I also do; and indeed to whom I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, it is for the sake of you, in
ROFL. Talk about misusing scripture. Where is the scripture that uses the term in persona christi, I mean RCs ask this of us? I mean in persona Christi relates to more than confession if that is what you are trying to make out with your post.

Oh my goodness you are desperate to try and find those false teachings in scripture. Where in scripture does in state those who act in persona Christi can molest children?

Now to whomever you forgive anything, I also do; and indeed to whom I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, it is for the sake of you, in the person of Christ,

Lying Catholic priests insist that they forgive sins of others "in the person of Christ."

Come to find out, they admit later they do not know if those who confess are actually forgiven at all.

LOL.

Somehow I don't think the real Christ is so confused....and He definitely does not lie as much.

Lying Catholic priests insist that they forgive sins of others "in the person of Christ."

Come to find out, they admit later they do not know if those who confess are actually forgiven at all.

LOL.

Somehow I don't think the real Christ is so confused....and He definitely does not lie as much.
Unlike Jesus they cannot read people's hearts.

Yes but they need evidence for their claims whether that is right or wrong in my opinion. They tend to just call people heretics for no real reason . Peter would have nothing to do with the RC and we would be appalled at the way they use him to support their corrupt, false church with its false teachings.

You are funny.
Yes Peter would be absolutely appalled at what the RCC has done over the centuries and what lies it has taught as doctrines. He would have had nothing to do with such a "church."

LOL.

Well that would include Paul since he said it. How kind of you to call him a liar.

Yes Peter would be absolutely appalled at what the RCC has done over the centuries and what lies it has taught as doctrines. He would have had nothing to do with such a "church."
Peter would be absolutely appalled at what Protestantism has done over the centuries and what lies it has taught as doctrines. He would have nothing to do with such a "church".

There you go. Fixed it.

Peter would be absolutely appalled at what Protestantism has done over the centuries and what lies it has taught as doctrines. He would have nothing to do with such a "church".

There you go. Fixed it.

You didn't fix anything. peter preached the real gospel message. But your institution doesn't follow the message peter preached. Instead it has you trusting and following something else. But it isn't the gospel as preached by the apostles.

Protestants did NOT torture millions of people over the centuries, attempting to coerce renouncement of trusting in Jesus, for political reasons as the Roman catholic church did. The Roman catholic church did that. The Roman catholic church exercised extreme cruelty for the sake of remaining in power and forcing millions to worship it.

We non-rc's speak of trusting in Jesus exclusively, and for this, your appalled. Don't tell me no, you just said so in the above quote.

That makes sense since the forgiveness is contingent upon the sincerity of the penitent. No one ever said that a priest forgives the sins of the insincere.

The priest is not "confused". The priest confers absolution in the name of Jesus. It is Jesus's forgiveness that is conferred.

You didn't fix anything. peter preached the real gospel message. But your institution doesn't follow the message peter preached.
This highlights the difference between preaching and practicing. Peter preached the real Gospel message, despite the fact that he did not always follow it. Peter was not sinless. So much for the distinction between "our institution" and Peter.

Protestants did NOT torture millions of people over the centuries...
Comparing who is the bigger sinner is not the way to resolve the legitimacy of a church, considering that ALL people are sinners. If sinning makes one's church illegitimate then ALL churches are illegitimate.

Peter was not sinless

I never said he was.

Comparing who is the bigger sinner is not the way to resolve the legitimacy of a church, considering that ALL people are sinners. If sinning makes one's church illegitimate then ALL churches are illegitimate.

Its what a church teaches that is the issue, not that all peoples are sinners. This is just you trying to justify the false teachings of the rcc.

I never said he was.

Its what a church teaches that is the issue, not that all peoples are sinners.
Then why is it that in your attack on the Church, instead of citing false teachings, you cited crimes committed by the Church? If your issue is the teachings then stick to talking about the teachings and don't resort to the red herring of "crimes committed by the Church".

Then why is it that in your attack on the Church, instead of citing false teachings, you cited crimes committed by the Church? If your issue is the teachings then stick to talking about the teachings and don't resort to the red herring of "crimes committed by the Church".

For starters, You can NOT tell me what I can or can not post. What I posted pertains to Roman catholicism. And this is the roman catholic forum.

I responded to the above statement. And then I responded to the following

Peter was not sinless.

Two different posts, with two different statements. By two different people. Your not the only rc here, or the only one I can post a reply to.

LOL.

Well that would include Paul since he said it.

Nope. Paul was saying HE forgave them their wrongdoings, not that he was pretending he was God!

LOL.

Your lying priests tell people they are forgiven of their sins....even if those same priests do not know if they are forgiven or not.

A liar tells you he speaks for God, and you fall for it?

Come to find out,
they admit later they do not know if those who confess are actually forgiven at all.

That makes sense since the forgiveness is contingent upon the sincerity of the penitent. No one ever said that a priest forgives the sins of the insincere.

Why does he then lie and say they are forgiven?

When Christ tells someone He forgives them....they ARE forgiven.

When Catholics say a lie "makes sense" to them, we know where you guys are coming from.

The priest confers absolution in the name of Jesus. It is Jesus's forgiveness that is conferred.

Maybe kinda sorta possibly definitely.

There you go. Fixed it.
Peter would be absolutely appalled at what RCs have done throughout the centuries, especially the false claim they are his successors. How can they be his successors when they fail to meet the scriptural requirements for leaders.

They teach things he never taught or did, like praying to the dead, Marian doctrines etc.

2 Peter 2:&-8

and if He rescued righteous Lot, oppressed by the sensual conduct of unprincipled men (for by what he saw and heard that righteous man, while living among them, felt his righteous soul tormented day after day by their lawless deeds),

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Sexual-Sin,-Nature-Of

RCs, especially their leaders, do not seem to feel their righteous souls tormented day after day by the sensual conduct of their leaders.

again from Peter and he would apply this to leaders in particular:

1 Peter 1:15-16

but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior; because it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”

1 Peter 4:1-3

Therefore, since Christ has suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same purpose, because he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, so as to live the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for the lusts of men, but for the will of God. For the time already past is sufficient for you to have carried out the desire of the Gentiles, having pursued a course of sensuality, lusts, drunkenness, carousing, drinking parties and abominable idolatries.

2 Peter 2:6

and if He condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to destruction by reducing them to ashes, having made them an example to those who would live ungodly lives thereafter;

Peter's writings are clear he would not tolerate the sexual sin of RC leaders and for which they are know for throughout the centuries.

RC priest do not fill in Peter's understanding of leaders, they certainly are not in persona Christi if they do these sins no matter what capacity they are acting in. You cannot separate their fruit from their positions.

Back