Simply Take God At His Word

I never said history means nothing, but nice try.

The shame is treating history as if it were everything....which was your entire point.

It is interesting that the Catholic Church's infatuation with its genealogies parallel the ancient Jewish facination with theirs.

Paul warned us about such pride:

1Ti 1:4 "nor give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which cause disputes rather than godly edification which is in faith"​
Tts 3:9 "Do not get involved in foolish discussions about spiritual pedigrees"​

I am a child of God and Christ follower.

Catholics boasting about their spiritual pedigree does not affect my identity in the slightest.
excellent response.

The shame is treating history as if it were everything
The shame is not understanding history

Christ followers are not called to do any such thing. Your history is too late. LOL.

I am a child of God and Christ follower.
in imperfect communion with Christ's Church

No one in the Body of Christ is in "imperfect communion" with the Body of Christ.

You Catholics will make up any nonsense to puff your sect up.

So you claim to have these doctrines you say Paul handed down in words and writing....but you cannot produce them, and have no clue what they are.

Glad we could clarify.
there was no new testament at that time so paul is referring to apostolic teaching. paul, himself, gave a quotation handed to him orally by Jesus...'it is blessed to give than to receive' acts20: 35.

there was no new testament at that time so paul is referring to apostolic teaching. paul, himself, gave a quotation handed to him orally by Jesus...'it is blessed to give than to receive' acts20: 35.
There was the NT at that time they were walking it and talking it. But RCs oral traditions are just plain anti scripture and not the truth and should never be followed, they are false traditions, they are the traditions of men not God.

So you claim to have these doctrines you say Paul handed down in words and writing....but you cannot produce them, and have no clue what they are.

Glad we could clarify.

So all you have is Scripture?

Yup. That is about it!

So much for all those other words and writings Catholics say they have. They are frauds.

Yup. That is about it!

So much for all those other words and writings Catholics say they have. They are frauds.
Yep you are right once again.

What else is better than God's word?
What else is more truthful than God's word?
What else is the teaching tool of the HS?
What else is sharper than a two edged sword?
God's word is perfect for training for righteousness.
What else gives us hope?
What else give us encouragement?
What else is eternal?

Scripture on scripture.

2 tim 3:16

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

roms 5:4
For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

Roms 10:17
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

Matt 24:25
Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.
Isaiah 55:11
So shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

So many verses about the benefit of scriptures.

But the church had Paul's writings which ARE scripture. And the apostolic teachings were also Scripture. Note: I said Apostolic teachings, not the CC's teachings.

2Cor.4:5
For we preach not ourselves,
but Christ Jesus the Lord;

and Arch says
You are most definitely in imperfect communion. [2Cor4:4]
Quoi? You were given a cerveau by God

Au Contraire Mon Capitan! (Deja Q) -- AD 33 is not late, 1518 is quite late!!! ;) ?

Arch Stanton said:

Au Contraire Mon Capitan! (Deja Q) -- AD 33 is not late, 1518 is quite late!!! ;) ?

================================

For we preach not ourselves,​

all puffed up in their Fleshly mind
reject those heretics
so sayth Paul

==

Yup. That is about it!

nope, it is sacred scripture and sacred tradition as entrusted to the living teaching office of the church.

here is one sacred tradition for you... the belief that there are three persons in one God. the doctrine is not spelled out in a manner like a theology book should and yet christians use the word, TRINITY, as the name for it. The word 'trinity' is never mentioned in the bible and yet christians are using it. the first use of the word is in the writings of Theophilus of Antioch around A.D. 180 (To Autolycus 2:18). Theophilus is the 6th bishop from Peter. so, tell me where did we get the word 'Trinity'? the answer is not from the bible but from the oral tradition of the catholic church.

It was more like 29 AD, not 33 AD, due to a miscalculation. However, the Gospel doctrine that Luther taught was what is and was found in Scripture--which your church had buried for centuries under man-made doctrines that led people away from the truth of God's holy word. But God's truth cannot stay hidden.
Baloney! It is YOUR church that has been preaching and teaching a false Gospel for centuries, adding its man-made doctrines to what is already in the Bible--like Indulgences. Where are those taught in the Bible? Being subject to the Pope is necessary for salvation--can you show us where Jesus or any of the Apostles taught this?

None of us non-RCCers on here has the slightest interest in being in "communion" with your heterodoxical church.

Last edited:
nope, it is sacred scripture and sacred tradition as entrusted to the living teaching office of the church.

Where does Jesus or the Apostles teach that human traditions made "sacred" are equal to what is actually IN Scripture--especially when it "goes beyond what is written"?
here is one sacred tradition for you... the belief that there are three persons in one God. the doctrine is not spelled out in a manner like a theology book should and yet christians use the word, TRINITY, as the name for it.

this is not "sacred tradition" but a teaching found in the Bible. This teaching isn't given a name, but it IS demonstrated in the Bible. The same cannot be said for the 4 Marian Dogmas, Indulgences, Purgatory, celibate unmarried clergy, praying to dead saints as one would to God, etc.
The word 'trinity' is never mentioned in the bible and yet christians are using it. the first use of the word is in the writings of Theophilus of Antioch around A.D. 180 (To Autolycus 2:18).

But the CONCEPT of the Triune Godhead IS found in the Bible, though not given a name. Therein lies the difference.
The same cannot be said for those teachings I enumerated above.

Here is a list of concepts found in the Bible, but not given a name: Virgin Birth; Vicarious Atonement; Incarnation. Are these "sacred traditions"? NO! These concepts ARE clearly found in the Bible, but not labeled. Unlike the teachings/practices I enumerated above.

Theophilus is the 6th bishop from Peter. so, tell me where did we get the word 'Trinity'? the answer is not from the bible but from the oral tradition of the catholic church.
A word is not the same thing as a tradition. The concept of the Trinity/Triune Godhead IS found in Scripture--but those Catholic doctrines/teachings I enumerated above are NOT.

How did the early church know that they were scripture?
Christians gathered into a collection all known God breathed writings.

Prior to those provincial councils;
there was widespread agreement on the 27 book NT Canon; with a just few pockets of disagreement over a few of the books .

After those provincial councils;
there was widespread agreement on the 27 book NT Canon; with a just few pockets of disagreement over a few of the books .

Do you think Irenaeus (born 130AD) was the only one who held that there are only 4 Gospels (no more no less)?
Do you think Athanasius (c.367) was the only one to hold to the 27 book Canon?
What conference, committee or council told Irenaeus and Athanasius what books were inspired?

Why don't you tell us how Polycarp (born 65 AD) quoted writings and called them Scripture.
WHO TOLD POLYCARP ?

Back