Simply Take God At His Word

RayneBeau

If you are a Roman Catholic, then the following verses can be transforming and revolutionary if you will simply just take God at His Word. Are you up for the challenge?

"And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins; But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sin forever, sat down on the right hand of God; Form henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. For by one offering he hast perfected for ever them that are sanctifed . . . there is no more offering for sin. (Hebrews 10:11-14, 18.)

If you are a Roman Catholic, then the following verses can be transforming and revolutionary if you will simply just take God at His Word. Are you up for the challenge?

"And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins; But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sin forever, sat down on the right hand of God; Form henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. For by one offering he hast perfected for ever them that are sanctifed . . . there is no more offering for sin. (Hebrews 10:11-14, 18.)
What Hebrews is comparing are the sacrifices of the OT priests which were done repeatedly, with the one sacrifice of Jesus that culminated in everlasting glory and offered continually in heaven on our behalf (Heb. 8:1-3). Jesus is our priest in heaven interceding in our behalf.

It doesn’t mean that because of this one time sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, everyone will get to heaven. What Jesus merited by his sacrifice on the cross needs be applied to the individual

What Hebrews is comparing are the sacrifices of the OT priests which were done repeatedly, with the one sacrifice of Jesus that culminated in everlasting glory and offered continually in heaven on our behalf (Heb. 8:1-3).
Christ offered one sacrifice and is set down at the right hand of God; he is not sitting at the right hand continually being offered.

Heb 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;
Heb 8:2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.
Heb 8:3 For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer.
Heb 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

Jesus is our priest in heaven interceding in our behalf....
Right, Jesus makes intercession, he is not being continually offered.

Rom 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

What Hebrews is comparing are the sacrifices of the OT priests which were done repeatedly, with the one sacrifice of Jesus that culminated in everlasting glory and offered continually in heaven on our behalf (Heb. 8:1-3). Jesus is our priest in heaven interceding in our behalf.

It doesn’t mean that because of this one time sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, everyone will get to heaven. What Jesus merited by his sacrifice on the cross needs be applied to the individual
Did anyone say that? The point was that the mass is in direct contradiction to scripture. Why go to mass day after day for propitiation when it was done once on the cross. As Paul would say you've nullified grace.

Wow! Yes, I see now! Yeah-- so we don't need the Mass right? :rolleyes:

All we need is Pastor Bob to "preach the Word" to us as his Bible Church of fun now.

Wow! Yes, I see now! Yeah-- so we don't need the Mass right? :rolleyes:

All we need is Pastor Bob to "preach the Word" to us as his Bible Church of fun now.
You have been hoodwinked in believing that the mass is necessary. The teaching of the Eucharist keeps Catholic in bondage believing they can never leave the RCC. I believed it for over 50 years because that is what I was taught by the RCC. Praise be to God that Jesus set me free when He showed me the truth through His Word. For whom the Son sets free is free indeed.

So, in other words, you are truthfully saying that the Church of Roman Catholicism simply will not, can not, nor does it impart the blessed truth of simply taking God at His Word.

What are Roman Catholics taught to understand and believe that these two verses mean in Romans 6: 9-10? :

"Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God."

You have been hoodwinked in believing that the mass is necessary. The teaching of the Eucharist keeps Catholic in bondage believing they can never leave the RCC. I believed it for over 50 years because that is what I was taught by the RCC. Praise be to God that Jesus set me free when He showed me the truth through His Word. For whom the Son sets free is free indeed.
Amen! Praise be to God! 👼

Oh, so are you now saying that the Catholic Church existed in apostolic times? Then why do you think this verse applies to Catholics?
Do you think we offer animal sacrifices at Mass? We offer Jesus' once perfect sacrifice to the Father. Daily. All around the world.

So, in other words, you are truthfully saying that the Church of Roman Catholicism simply will not, can not, nor does it impart the blessed truth of simply taking God at His Word.
"My flesh is true food and My blood is true drink."
There you go. Do you take Him at His word or not?

We do take God at his word. There is no more offering for sin. It was done once. That is what the Catholic church teaches.

Back