Sin nature,

So your parents never took you to church?

Okay, then your blind faith is utterly unexplainable. You clearly have no evidence to support your beliefs, so why do you think they must be true, Steve?

I have read that previously. God lied. He said they would die the day they ate the fruit. they did not. So what is your point?

What do you understand the point of Gen 3:22? If they had eaten from the Tree of Life, what would they have got from it?

No one wants to be tortured by God for eternity in fire. This is just something Christians like to tell themselves so they can rationalise away the simple fact that God tortures those who reject him to punish them. It says so in the Bible, Steve.

Mat 25:46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Please do not lie and pretend this is because the victim wants it.

Because he is supposedly good, merciful and loving. Of course, that is not really true is? Vindictive and sadistic sounds more appropriate.

And not what he should.

It comes down to whether he really loves me, I guess.

Worth noting that the people who seem most hell bent on destroying the planet are climate-change denying Christians. See for example:

He just does not love me enough to stop himself punishing me forever.

Right. So the problem is God. He has decided he needs to punish five billion humans who are not Christians by torturing them for ever. As you point out, there is no need. We do not HAVE to spend your eternity in the lake of fire. It is what God chooses.
Yep. We are indeed responsible for believing that climate change isn't the problem.
The changes in the climate described in the bible I'm thinking is the result of humankind's attempts at "fixing" what they thought was humankind's caused climate changes.

I.e., just because you can doesn't mean that you should.

Don't worry though.
There will come a day when you will be able to destroy yourself and your fellow humans.

Yep. We are indeed responsible for believing that climate change isn't the problem.
I am glad you recognise that.

The changes in the climate described in the bible I'm thinking is the result of humankind's attempts at "fixing" what they thought was humankind's caused climate changes.

I.e., just because you can doesn't mean that you should.
I disagree - I think we have a responsibility to later generations. We will have to agree to disagree on that one.

Don't worry though.
There will come a day when you will be able to destroy yourself and your fellow humans.
I am struggling to relate this to what you just said. My position is that we should try not to destroy the planet, and you appeared to be saying it does not matter. Now you have flipped entirely and seem to be blaming me and others like me for the destruction to the planet as though that is bad.

Can you clarify, Steve? Why do you think I want to destroy humanity? Do you think that is a problem or not?

I am glad you recognise that.
I recognized that 24 years ago. I even wrote a term paper for a college class on the topic, for which I received an A.
I disagree - I think we have a responsibility to later generations. We will have to agree to disagree on that one.
And this is exactly why we read in Revelation that the sun will be given power to scorch men.
I.e., you'll bring on yourselves, or on the generation that is alive at the time, the damage caused by tinkering with matters beyond your awareness, in the attempt to "save the planet."

Rev 16:8-9 WEB 8 The fourth poured out his bowl on the sun, and it was given to him to scorch men with fire. 9 People were scorched with great heat, and people blasphemed the name of God who has the power over these plagues. They didn’t repent and give him glory.

I am struggling to relate this to what you just said. My position is that we should try not to destroy the planet, and you appeared to be saying it does not matter. Now you have flipped entirely and seem to be blaming me and others like me for the destruction to the planet as though that is bad.
What I said has absolutely nothing to do with the planet.
It has everything to do with human civilization and your fellow humans who don't think as you think.
Yet another reason why you should take the time to learn the bible.
In its texts, contains the description of what unbelievers will perpetrate on their fellow humans, which will bring about the destruction of human civilization.

Can you clarify, Steve? Why do you think I want to destroy humanity? Do you think that is a problem or not?
Easy.
You don't want the Only Person who can save humanity from self-destruction.

As Jesus said, he that is not with me, is against me.

Back