Sin that leads to death

Gary Mac

No Jesus did not lie. Good grief! How could God instruct us to do anything less than to be perfect? For Him to suggest we be the best we can be is to lower His standard of perfection. You missed the obvious impossibility of our being perfect. That is the entire reason we must look to and depend on the perfect performance of Jesus Christ on our behalf!
On our behalf? God sent Jesus as example for who we are supposed to be in Him as Jesus was in Him and walk as He walks in His same light as Jesus did.
As for being like Him when we see Him, you won't find that at 1 John 3: 9.
Agreed and is clear we see that we who are born of God cannot sin, impossible to be in sin.
I believe you meant 1John 3: 2 Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is. 3 And everyone who has this hope fixed on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.
Thats what I said. When you see Him as He is ye shall be like Him.
This will indeed be the case as we meet our Lord at the resurrection, exactly as it states.
This is the case when you see Him as He is this day.
How you missed that is a mystery to me, Look at it carefully: "...it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him..."
He has not appeared to you yet has He? But He is at your door knocking this day.

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me
As for 1 John 3:9 You appear to have ignored the context of the verse: 9 No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.
That is a gross interpretation. But if you knew Him you would know that in Ch3 He takes away the sins of this world. there is noting to practice if there is noting there to practice. And either you are born of God, born again of Him, sin is out the window.
Please note The lifestyle of one who makes a practice of sin as described in verse 9 and or one who abides in such a lifestyle practice is the only real indicator for us to understand that such a person is likely not born of God. Just as obvious are those is verse 10: "...obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother."
Please note in V 8 if you are a sinner who you are of.
You accused me with the charge: "You defend the atheists outlook..." while in fact, it would be the atheist who would be more prone to say their performance is good enough, having no view of their true fallen nature and need for Christ as their advocate.
The atheists outlook does not believe in God at all, and they do not believe God can perfect them as He is perfect, and they do not believe you can be born of God thy as you do not believe He takes away the sins of this word, and they do not believe God can come to you and open all of His heaven to you as He did in Jesus and others, and they do not believe that God can be in them and He in you as one. They do not believe the same shall follow those who are born of God. And the list goes on.

You scharge me as being atheist when in fact you are the one who changes His intent for you to be like Him and that your god may obey you in your own rules to regulate what he can and cannot do.

As for me I am born of Go, He ion me and I in Him are one John 17, and in that if I say I am of God yet a sinner then that makes God and me a liar for to be in Christ it is impossible to be in sin, it is those as yourself who are outside of Christ and the sinner.
For you to suggest that we can live our lives untouched by sin on this side of Heaven is to diminish the very Person and Work of the Lord Jesus Christ, on which we must continually depend in every step in our walk of faith.
No I do not suggest that at all, God demands that of you that He takes away your sin if you are to be of Him and prefect even as your Father in heaven is perfect. If you are not perfect as He is and a sinner then you flat out deny Him to do so and is not your Father at all.

You cant walk as He walks in His same light if you are a sinner, if that was so that would make His light sin. You dont have a clue what you are talking about.

The work of the Lord Jesus Christ is the same works we all have who is of Christ. You just haven't figured out yet that Christ means Gods anointed, Christ in you is Gods anointing in you no different from the anointing Jesus lived in the Father at all. You never have met the Christ is the problem in your understanding that is very obvious because you continually try and explain away why you cant be like Him as Jesus was like Him.
Did you really examine the article content with your Bible open? Did you not notice:

The Bible is not saying that we don’t sin. Those verses in 1 John are talking about abiding in sin. That is not what Christians do. In fact, 1 John earlier in the same epistle states the following.
Did you not examine 1 John 3 where He takes away the sins of this world? You just dont believe 1 John 3 is the real truth.
  • 1 John 1:8, “If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.”
  • 1 John 2:1, “My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.”
Notice that John the apostle includes himself in the issue of sinning. Are the sinless perfectionist people more holy than John the apostle? I think not.

You should read the whole chapter instead of taking a couple lines completly out of context.

5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
Not in Him there is no darkness, and either you are in Him or you are not. And for your information sin is darkness, righteousness is light.

6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

You walk in the darkness of sin just as you say. I walk in His light that is without sin as He takes away.

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Cleanses us from all sin? Ask yourself -- Why cant he do that for you?

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If you walk in that darkness of sin as you say you do, and say you are of Christ, that is a total lie for it is impossible to be in Christ and be in sin. 1 John 3:9.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Most confess their sins as you do but never repent from them. He really does cleans those who will receieve Him in His way for righteousness from sin. You just dont believe Him and try and explain Him away.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

All have sinned. Note the ED at the end of sin, past participle. I was a sinner now I am the righteousness of God in Christ who is without sin.

It really is impossible to be in Christ and be in sin. You just never have been in Christ, anointed of God, is why you are the sinner.

Paul teaches you to be the sinner not Jesus.

Had to post this in two parts

Gary Mac

I would encourage you to take advantage of what Jesus is continuing to do every day, and every day forward till we Christians meet Him in the resurrection: "...we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous."
Wouldnt it be better to take advantage of what Jesus is trying to convey to you to be the righteousness of God in Christ that you reject in favor of sin?
As for your suggestion that I may be "...making [myself] look... foolish." Well, the actions of Jesus are clearly described as an ongoing and continuing work of ADVOCACY in the verses above. It would be truly "foolish" if I were to count on my performance. Whereas you seem to be convinced, sadly, that you can be "perfect" on this side of Heaven and fail to look to Jesus as your necessary "...Advocate with the Father..."
It isnt a maybe at all, the proof is on your own words for the belief system you creed to as a sinner trying to manipulate the words to suit your own beliefs for your god instead of being like the One Jesus was of as He demands of us all.

I am not the way, you are not the way, Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father but by me. And I can guarantee that if you do not live the same way, have His same truth, and live His same life, you are not coming to the Father at all. for Jesus really is the way for us to be in the Father of it. he is the way God sent as example for us to be. you just do not believe him. You accuse me of atheism, you are guilty of your own charge.

You are listening to the opinions of man instead of listening to Jesus himself for perfection in the Father. Think about why you are the sinner and Jesus wasn't if that is possible for you. You say you follow Jesus but you dont, you follow Paul as a sinner instead.

civic

I am not the way, you are not the way, Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father but by me. And I can guarantee that if you do not live the same way, have His same truth, and live His same life, you are not coming to the Father at all.
This is the epitome of self deceit claiming to live the same life as Jesus lived.

So Jesus lived a perfect/sinless life, atoned for the sins of the world, was/is our High Priest , King, Mediator, Advocate, Propitiation, Redeemer, Savior, Lord and God.

Oh boy to compare oneself to Christ is to stand before the Lord in fear and trembling. The audacity to say you are the same as Jesus. That is nothing short of BLASPHEMY.

Pride comes before a fall. God resists the PROUD and gives grace to the humble. You should read Jesus teaching on the Publican and the Pharisee in Luke 18:10-14 sometime.

hope this helps !!!

CharismaticLady

On our behalf? God sent Jesus as example for who we are supposed to be in Him as Jesus was in Him and walk as He walks in His same light as Jesus did.

On our behalf? Yes, Jesus lived the life His Spirit in us lets us live as born again Christians. Jesus was conceived with the seed of the Father. And we are born again with the same seed. 1 John 3:9.

civic

On our behalf? Yes, Jesus lived the life His Spirit in us lets us live as born again Christians. Jesus was conceived with the seed of the Father. And we are born again with the same seed. 1 John 3:9.
Jesus was God so get you KENOSIS kenneth copeland garbage out of here. You are not Jesus nor resemble Him in any way shape of form. You and gary are two peas in the same pod with your sinless perfection heresy.

And you are clueless as to the sin that leads to death as demonstrated in this thread. You have no idea what you are talking about.

hope this helps !!!

Gary Mac

This is the epitome of self deceit claiming to live the same life as Jesus lived.
Only for those who do not follow him to have His same mind, walk as he walks in his same light with the same signs following to be one ion the Father as Jesus was one ion Him, John 17.

I agree with you for to you it is impossible to follow the way of Christ.

Only because you cant live a life in Christ to be anointed of God doesnt mean others cant, it only means that you cant is all.
So Jesus lived a perfect/sinless life, atoned for the sins of the world, was/is our High Priest , King, Mediator, Advocate, Propitiation, Redeemer, Savior, Lord and God.
So do we all who is born of God, born again to walk as He walks in His same light, perfect as He is perfect. And we all are atoned when we become anointed of God as Jesus was anointed of God. We paid for that atonement with our own lives and gave it over to Him that He may direct my path. Without that sacrifice there can be no atonement, you pay for it with your life. jesus was perfect example for atonement.
Oh boy to compare oneself to Christ is to stand before the Lord in fear and trembling.
If you are not identified with Him then you walk in fear. Paul walked in fear,

I walk in peach and joy in Gods Holy SPirit as my own mind, so did Jesus. .
The audacity to say you are the same as Jesus. That is nothing short of BLASPHEMY.
It always is blaspheme for the religious mind who do not know what it is to walk as He walks and have His same mind, to be perfect even as your Father in heaven is prefect and refuse to pock up that cross and continue where he left off as Jesus commanded that you do.

Jesus was accused of blaspheme by the same as you.
Pride comes before a fall. God resists the PROUD and gives grace to the humble. You should read Jesus teaching on the Publican and the Pharisee in Luke 18:10-14 sometime.
Yes the proud refuses to walk as He walks and have His same mind, and refuse to be ye therefore perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect, same Spirit, same anointing of God Jesus had.

To humble self is to give op the right to yourself in your religious beliefs and laws where you dictate to your god what you would have him be and in your image and actually put on the Christ to be anointed of God yourself as Jesus did.
hope this helps !!!
Me to.

Gary Mac

Amen -- And like Jesus, he didnt know God or His SPirit either until God came to Him and opened up all of His heaven to that man by the SPirit that He is. Matt 3:16. just as He does in all who will receive Him. Religious minds do not believe Matt 3:16 at all. Watch how they try and explain that away.

CharismaticLady

Amen -- And like Jesus, he didnt know God or His SPirit either until God came to Him and opened up all of His heaven to that man by the SPirit that He is. Matt 3:16. just as He does in all who will receive Him. Religious minds do not believe Matt 3:16 at all. Watch how they try and explain that away.

But when was that? He was preaching in the synagogue at age 12, "doing My Father's business." Or something like that. Can't recall the exact quote.

Manfred

Unfair judgment is always the result of a mind who has no intent in obeying the Father to be as He is. Jesus was accused of unfair judgment of the same and look how he was treated by the same.
And bearing false witness and false teaching is also a sin.
Where is your sinless perfection Gary?

Are you like the Father when you falsely accuse.
The context, of me being sanctified by God, is clearly not the same as me trying to be as God is.
There is one God and there are none 'LIKE" Him.
You equating yourself with God is nothing but more blasphemy.

Gary Mac

But when was that? He was preaching in the synagogue at age 12, "doing My Father's business." Or something like that. Can't recall the exact quote.
He was teaching the law in the temple just as most preachers do today. I had youth in my class who taught the law as well as any seasoned preacher, but notice when Jesus was about 30 years old and God came to him by His SPirit in Matt 3:16, he begin to teach what it is to be of Gods SPirit and like Him. Ironic is the very ones he once taught in the temples are the very ones who had him crucified for blaspheme.

Im always amazed when people in their religious outlooks and belief systems cant make that connection between the change in Jesus disposition from the law to the manifestation of God in him. Jesus referred to this renewing of the mind as born again.

Not very many people actually believe nor can relate to that same change in themselves and even declare it as blaspheme to think you can have the same from God Jesus received from Him to walk as He walks in His same light and perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect as Jesus received from God. Not knowing at all the very reason God sent Jesus in the first place to show us the way the truth and the life to live ourselves and no one comes to the Father but the same way in you. He was very clear in that.

Gary Mac

And bearing false witness and false teaching is also a sin.
Agreed, either you have received from God the same as Jesus did and walk as He walks in His same light as Jesus did with the same signs following and perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect, holy, pure, and without sin to be the righteousness of God in Gods anointing in yourself - or you do not and teach a false doctrine.
Where is your sinless perfection Gary?
In Christ. For to be born of God which is Christ in me anointed of God, it is impossible to be in sin. See 1 John 3:9.

Where is your imperfection in sin come from? See 1 John 3:8. it tells clear who you are of.
Are you like the Father when you falsely accuse.
Well to be in the Father is only false for those who are anti and against being like Him to walk as He walks in His same light and impossible to be perfect as He is perfect with the same signs following. these are of the devil instead of God.

And Absolutely I am like Him for He in me and I in Him are one, See Jesus in John 17, he was one in Him as well and prayed to his God for you to be as well.
The context, of me being sanctified by God, is clearly not the same as me trying to be as God is.
Amen, it isnt about trying it is about receiving Gods gift of His SPirit that He be manifest in you and open all of his heaven to you just as He did in Jesus in Matt 3:16 to have His same mind, same disposition walk in it as He walks in it.

The problem in Christendom as in yourself -- you try to be Christian by the law instead of God actually manifest Himself in you as He was manifest in Jesus and these others who became like Him by His Spirit.
There is one God and there are none 'LIKE" Him.
Amen, and either he is in you as He was in Jesus or He is not
You equating yourself with God is nothing but more blasphemy.
Yes just as Jesus was accused of the same by the same. Truth is God demands you be like Him with He in you and you in Him as one and have His same mind, and walk as He walks in it, and perfect even as He is perfect, holy, pure, and without sin.

I agree with you, the way of Christ to have in you Gods anointing clearly is blaspheme for you. And you clearly are of 1 John 3:8.

Last edited:

Manfred

Agreed, either you have received from God the same as Jesus did and walk as He walks in His same light as Jesus did with the same signs following and perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect, holy, pure, and without sin to be the righteousness of God in Gods anointing in yourself - or you do not and teach a false doctrine.

In Christ. For to be born of God which is Christ in me anointed of God, it is impossible to be in sin. See 1 John 3:9.

Where is your imperfection in sin come from? See 1 John 3:8. it tells clear who you are of.

Well to be in the Father is only false for those who are anti and against being like Him to walk as He walks in His same light and impossible to be perfect as He is perfect with the same signs following. these are of the devil instead of God.

And Absolutely I am like Him for He in me and I in Him are one, See Jesus in John 17, he was one in Him as well and prayed to his God for you to be as well.

Amen, it isnt about trying it is about receiving Gods gift of His SPirit that He be manifest in you and open all of his heaven to you just as He did in Jesus in Matt 3:16 to have His same mind, same disposition walk in it as He walks in it.

The problem in Christendom as in yourself -- you try to be Christian by the law instead of God actually manifest Himself in you as He was manifest in Jesus and these others who became like Him by His Spirit.

Amen, and either he is in you as He was in Jesus or He is not

Yes just as Jesus was accused of the same by the same. Truth is God demands you be like Him with He in you and you in Him as one and have His same mind, and walk as He walks in it, and perfect even as He is perfect, holy, pure, and without sin.

I agree with you, the way of Christ to have in you Gods anointing clearly is blaspheme for you. And you clearly are of 1 John 3:8.
NWRT

Gary Mac

Jesus was God so get you KENOSIS kenneth copeland garbage out of here. You are not Jesus nor resemble Him in any way shape of form. You and gary are two peas in the same pod with your sinless perfection heresy.

And you are clueless as to the sin that leads to death as demonstrated in this thread. You have no idea what you are talking about.

hope this helps !!!
Jesus was a blasphemer?
Matt 5:48 - Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

So that is why he was crucified for blaspheme -- Right?

And that is why we are blasphemers as well -- Right?

Manfred

Not worth responding to.
You are not Jesus or like Jesus Gary, mo matter how many people you try and convince, none have fallen for your lies.

6 Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel
and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
I am the first and I am the last;
besides me there is no god.

Do you see the above scripture refers to God and Jesus the redeemer as one God.
You are not like God Gary.

civic

Jesus was a blasphemer?
Matt 5:48 - Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

So that is why he was crucified for blaspheme -- Right?

And that is why we are blasphemers as well -- Right?
You cannot be perfect no more that any OT saint could obey the 10 Commandments. Read Galatians 3 sometime and get back to me. Its why Jesus came since no man can fulfill the law.

Manfred

You cannot be perfect no more that any OT saint could obey the 10 Commandments. Read Galatians 3 sometime and get back to me. Its why Jesus came since no man can fulfill the law.
This poster does not even realize it is not your own righteousness that makes you holy. Well, he thinks his righteousness makes him holy because he equates himself to Jesus.

We are made holy by the imputed righteousness of Christ.
None of the cultists here can affirm this, as they are still unrighteous and only imagine themselves to be righteous because they have managed to achieve it.

civic

This poster does not even realize it is not your own righteousness that makes you holy. Well, he thinks his righteousness makes him holy because he equates himself to Jesus.

We are made holy by the imputed righteousness of Christ.
None of the cultists here can affirm this, as they are still unrighteous and only imagine themselves to be righteous because they have managed to achieve it.
Exactly !

Manfred

Jesus was a blasphemer?
No you are for equating yourself with Jesus

18 And Jesus said to him, Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone.

You cannot even begin to understand context.

Gary Mac

Not worth responding to.
You are not Jesus or like Jesus Gary, mo matter how many people you try and convince, none have fallen for your lies.
Now you are getting the picture, I am not Jesus for Jesus has been gone for over 2000 years. But I do have that what Jesus camr for and said I should have from the same God he was of and in him. see Jesus prayer to our God for you to be one in Him as well. .

Only because you cant relate to why God sent Jesus doesnt men others cant relate to him, it only means that you cant relate to Him is all.
6 Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel
and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
I am the first and I am the last;
besides me there is no god.
That is what I have been trying to tell you. The Lord of hosts is God Himself, His SPirit in man. The mercy seat, the place God and man come together as one, so obvious even in Jesus in Matt 3:16 where Jesus and God came together as one by His SPirit. We are no different from the same at all. Except those as yourself who cant relate to having God as your own disposition from lack in receiving from Him as Jesus did yourself.
Do you see the above scripture refers to God and Jesus the redeemer as one God.
You are not like God Gary.
Everyone is like Him who has His same SPirit, same mind, same walk as He walks in it, perfect even as my Father in heaven is perfect. Only because you have not been redeemed to His image doesnt mean others haven't, it only means you haven't and cant be identified with Him at all.

You are really under conviction for not being that person of Christ God sent Jesus to show you how to. that is why His way aggravates your religious mind. You cant be identified with Him as Jesus was identified with Him is all.