Sins cannot be charged!

brightfame52

1 Cor 15:3-4

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures

If Christ died for our sins, for He didn't die for everyone's sins, but if we're blessed to be of those He did die for, namely His Sheep or Church, then one thing is for certain, our sins cannot and will not be charged to us.

Rom 4:8

Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

zerinus

1 Cor 15:3-4

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures

If Christ died for our sins, for He didn't die for everyone's sins, but if we're blessed to be of those He did die for, namely His Sheep or Church, then one thing is for certain, our sins cannot and will not be charged to us.

If your theology were correct, then those for whom "Christ died" would be forgiven unconditionally, without them having to do do anything to qualify to receive it. But we know that that is not the case. The Bible teaches there are certain qualifying preconditions that need to be met before forgiveness can be granted: they are faith, repentance, and baptism. That is clearly taught in the Bible. That makes your theology heretical, false, and unbiblical.

brightfame52

If your theology were correct, then those for whom "Christ died" would be forgiven unconditionally, without them having to do do anything to qualify to receive it. But we know that that is not the case. The Bible teaches there are certain qualifying preconditions that need to be met before forgiveness can be granted: they are faith, repentance, and baptism. That is clearly taught in the Bible. That makes your theology heretical, false, and unbiblical.
Maybe you didn't pay attention. Those Christ died for, my Christ, their sins are forgiven conditioned on Christ dying for them, therefore their sins can never be charged to them for they were charged to Him.

zerinus

Maybe you didn't pay attention. Those Christ died for, my Christ, their sins are forgiven conditioned on Christ dying for them, therefore their sins can never be charged to them for they were charged to Him.
Which doesn't address my point at all. My point is that your theology is unbiblical. Your point seems to be that it doesn't matter. You have invented a theology for yourself out of thin air which has no relevance to the Bible, and you are OK with that. Have it your way I guess, but don't expect anybody else in their right mind to be convinced.

brightfame52

Which doesn't address my point at all. My point is that your theology is unbiblical. Your point seems to be that it doesn't matter. You have invented a theology for yourself out of thin air which has no relevance to the Bible, and you are OK with that. Have it your way I guess, but don't expect anybody else in their right mind to be convinced.
No it is not un biblical for God not to imputed sin

Sketo

If your theology were correct, then those for whom "Christ died" would be forgiven unconditionally, without them having to do anything to qualify to receive it. But we know that that is not the case. The Bible teaches there are certain qualifying preconditions that need to be met before forgiveness can be granted: they are faith, repentance, and baptism. That is clearly taught in the Bible. That makes your theology heretical, false, and unbiblical.

It seems to me that you believe Jesus accomplishes the exact same for every individual, without distinction, this would mean that people, who end up in heaven, are not there because of something in particular that Jesus did... because... , you believe, he accomplished the exact same, and nothing less, for those who end up in hell!

This would mean that those who are in heaven are there because of something other than what Jesus accomplished!

Namely... “them having to do something to qualify

If this is true then Jesus does not save anyone!

This would mean you are saved by “something other than Jesus”... if you end up in heaven!

The Bible says Jesus is the Savior but how can this be if what he accomplished for those in hell did not save them?

zerinus

It seems to me that you believe Jesus accomplishes the exact same for every individual, without distinction, . . .
Agreed! That is what I believe.
. . . this would mean that people, who end up in heaven, are not there because of something in particular that Jesus did...
Wrong! That does not logically follow.
. . . because... , you believe, he accomplished the exact same, and nothing less, for those who end up in hell!
This would mean that those who are in heaven are there because of something other than what Jesus accomplished!
Not correct. Those who are in heaven are there because of what Jesus accomplished; but it becomes applicable only to those who choose to believe and repent.
Namely... “them having to do something to qualify
Agreed!
If this is true then Jesus does not save anyone!
Utterly false and illogical. Jesus' Atonement is applicable to everyone without exception, but only those are redeemed by it who choose to believe and repent. If everyone on the planet, without exception, chose to believe and repent, everyone of them without exception would be saved. The reason why all are not, is because the choice is theirs whether to believe and repent or not, and unfortunately there are some who don't. But that is their choice. I has nothing to do with anybody else.
This would mean you are saved by “something other than Jesus”... if you end up in heaven!
Wrong! You are saved by Jesus; but he only saves those who choose to believe and repent.
The Bible says Jesus is the Savior but how can this be if what he accomplished for those in hell did not save them?
Because salvation is conditional on faith and repentance, which is entirely man's choice. Jesus' Atonement does not save anyone unconditionally. It only saves on condition of faith and repentance (and enduring to the end); and unfortunately, not all exercise that choice.

dberrie2020

No it is not un biblical for God not to imputed sin

I don't see anything in the scriptures which state the forgiveness of sins comes unconditionally to mankind:

1 John 1:7---King James Version
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Seeing that God had already previously died for the sins of the world--why would John place the condition of walking in the light to receive of His Blood?

How does that comport to your testimony here? :

Those Christ died for, my Christ, their sins are forgiven conditioned on Christ dying for them, therefore their sins can never be charged to them for they were charged to Him.

Theo1689

Wrong! That does not logically follow.

Not correct. Those who are in heaven are there because of what Jesus accomplished; but it becomes applicable only to those who choose to believe and repent.

Agreed!

Utterly false and illogical. Jesus' Atonement is applicable to everyone without exception, but only those are redeemed by it who choose to believe and repent. If everyone on the planet, without exception, chose to believe and repent, everyone of them without exception would be saved. The reason why all are not, is because the choice is theirs whether to believe and repent or not, and unfortunately there are some who don't. But that is their choice. I has nothing to do with anybody else.

Wrong! You are saved by Jesus; but he only saves those who choose to believe and repent.

Because salvation is conditional on faith and repentance, which is entirely man's choice. Jesus' Atonement does not save anyone unconditionally. It only saves on condition of faith and repentance (and enduring to the end); and unfortunately, not all exercise that choice.

Funny how when this poster posts an (il)"logical" argument, he DEMANDS that we accept it.

But when someone ELSE posts an ACTUAL "logical" argument, he simply DISMISSES it out of hand, "that does not logically follow".

That's one of the reasons why attempting to argue with "logic" is less than useful, and we need to actually provide EXPLICIT SCRIPTURE from God.

(Which this poster never has, I have to point out...)

brightfame52

I don't see anything in the scriptures which state the forgiveness of sins comes unconditionally to mankind:

1 John 1:7---King James Version
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Seeing that God had already previously died for the sins of the world--why would John place the condition of walking in the light to receive of His Blood?

How does that comport to your testimony here? :
Obviously it's a lot you don't see. God does not imputed sin!

Theo1689

What does the verse say?

I hate to say this, but I think I have to agree with dberrie on this particular point.

This verse is referring to the elect, to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
It implies that He WILL impute the sin of the reprobate on them.

Perhaps you can take this as an opportunity to elaborate what you think "imputing sin" means. Perhaps there is a breakdown of communication in that regard.