So what happened with the Father and the Holy Spirit?

Yahchristian

Genesis 1:26 LSB... Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness, so that they will have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

I believe "Us" refers to Yahweh incarnate (Jesus) along with preincarnate Jesus (Yahweh). The one Person of Yahweh/Jesus is referred to as "Us" to contrast incarnate with preincarnate.
So what happened with the Father and the Holy Spirit? Where are they in your scenario, you know the "Godhead?" You have the one person of Jesus being an "Us" which by definition is more than one person?

The Spirit Yahweh (preincarnate Jesus) is both transcendent (called God the Father) and immanent (called the Holy Spirit).

In other words…

I believe "Us" refers to Yahweh incarnate (the Man Jesus) along with preincarnate Jesus (Yahweh as Spirit). The one Person of Yahweh/Jesus is referred to as "Us" to contrast incarnate (as Man) with preincarnate (as transcendent and immanent Spirit).

What do you believe…

Did the Person of Jesus say “Let us make…”?

I say YES!

Whereas most Trinitarians DO NOT KNOW!

What about you.

NO! Genesis 1:26 explicitly states, "Then God said, Let Us make man in Our image." You also have at vs 27, "And God created man." So tell me this? Why would a Jew or anyone else for that matter "assume" that a "singular" person named Jesus would say, "Let Us make man in Our image even though God uses the name "Elohim" in reference to himself.

The verse has a plural meaning, so, if our God is one according to the Shema at Deuteronomy 6:4, why is the name God/Elohim" in the plural form in these verses and at Genesis 3:22?

IN GOD THE SON,
james

No! Read again what I wrote. The verse simply says, "Then God said." No person of God is identified. The person of the Holy Spirit is not mentioned either. The one being of God is speaking. So again, why do you think God/Elohim is in plural form?

In Him,
james

I say YES!

Did the Person of God the Father say “Let us make…”?

I say YES!

The person of the Holy Spirit is not mentioned either.

I did not ask “Who was MENTIONED?”

I asked “Did the Person of ___ SAY…”

You say NO, the Person of Jesus did NOT say “Let us make…”

You say NO, the Person of God the Father did NOT say “Let us make…”

Whereas @johnny guitar will likely say DO NOT KNOW.

You say the Holy Spirit was not MENTIONED, but to clarify…

Did the Person of God the Holy Spirit SAY “Let us make…”?

I say YES!

What about you.

When Jesus was standing in the water when He was baptized which one of the "US" fron Gen 1:26 said:

“You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.”

I say YES!

What about you.
Oh please, grow up! You did too ask "who" was mentioned, right here. "I believe "Us" refers to Yahweh incarnate (Jesus) along with preincarnate Jesus (Yahweh). The one Person of Yahweh/Jesus is referred to as "Us" to contrast incarnate with preincarnate."

I keep repeating myself by telling you, or should I say what the Scriptures is telling you when it says, "Then God said." Again, for the 5th time there is no specific person mentioned. Now your asking:
"Did the Person of God the Holy Spirit SAY “Let us make…”? You then said, "Yes."

I would love to know how you know the Holy Spirit said, "Let us make?" You also claimed above, "I beleive "Us" refers to Yahweh incarnate (Jesus) along with preincarnate Jesus (Yahweh). The one Person of Yahweh/Jesus is referred to as "Us" to contrast incarnate with preincarnate."

Now your contradicting your own words. You say yes to the Holy Spirit and you say yes to Jesus Christ, explain how that is "NOT" two persons? Obviously God the Father has to be in there which means you must be a Trinitarian in disguise, and here you didn't even know it.

IN GOD THE SON,
james

I say YES!

What about you.
NO ONE knows which Person/s is speaking in Genesis 1:26. The passage doesn't say.

Oh please, grow up! You did too ask "who" was mentioned, right here. "I believe "Us" refers to Yahweh incarnate (Jesus) along with preincarnate Jesus (Yahweh). The one Person of Yahweh/Jesus is referred to as "Us" to contrast incarnate with preincarnate."

Oh please, grow up! 😁 That was my ANSWER to YOUR question !!!

MY questions were,,,

Whereas @johnny guitar answered “DO NOT KNOW” to all three questions, YOU answered “NO” to all three questions.

Would you like to change your answers to “DO NOT KNOW” or stick with “NO”?

Yahchristian said:
Yahchristian said:
Yahchristian said:

I would say the Father spoke but by default all three spoke, comparable to a man speaking in agreement with his conscience and subconscious.

I say YES!

What about you.
I have told you on several occasions ," This name God in and of itself can stand for this word Person". Also This name God signifies the Divine Essence in Him who possesses it". Hence Persons is Relative , and if there is not and adjective to appropriate one particular from another , then the Trinity speaks. Even if you insisted The Father was speaking ,would not exclude the Two other Persons having Godhead from speaking. God is the same as Godhead, nevertheless we speak of each term in a different way according to its own proper concept and idea.

The title of this thread is offensive because it presupposes individual beings or gods. Since each Divine Person by Himself is in no way distinct therefrom really the Divine Essence itself , why would " What happened to the Father and The Holy Spirit be something to consider?

My man take away from the ancients is we use words and terms differently according to their proper idea and perfe4ction, not that there is difference in God.

........ Alan

The title of this thread is offensive because it presupposes individual beings or gods. Since each Divine Person by Himself is in no way distinct therefrom really the Divine Essence itself , why would " What happened to the Father and The Holy Spirit be something to consider?

???

The title of this thread was a question a TRINITARIAN (@jamesh) asked me !!!

Are you able to answer YES / NO / MAYBE to the questions or not…

1) Did the Person of Jesus say “Let us make…”?

2) Did the Person of God the Father say “Let us make…”?

3) Did the Person of God the Holy Spirit say “Let us make…”?

You said “would not exclude” which would imply MAYBE rather than YES or NO. But could you please confirm that.

???

You said “would not exclude” which would imply MAYBE rather than YES or NO. But could you please confirm that.
1), 2), 3) are POSSIBLE. We don't know for certain.

???

If you consider yourself Monotheistic, then "would not exclude" should be self explanatory,. Would not exclude is " Neither Dividing The Substance". I suspect that is why the question was asked of you. Now you divide the Substance in your overview ( Yaweh pre incarnate to Yahweh incarnate}, yet you argue against Jamesh, the lot of us and Orthodoxy as if we should be" Confounding and Confusing The Subsistence".
???

Persons are Relative by their Relation one from Another, but not however as if they were Other from the Divine Nature .Hence we cannot say which Divine Person without a qualifying determination . Since every Person by Himself is God and Lord then every Person could be speaking. At any rate it would be God speaking With or Without regard to Relative Predication, and this is by reason of God Supreme simplicity.

Your questions implies individual composite beings in contrast to Individual or Subsisting Realities in the Divine Nature.

....... Alan

We don't know for certain.
Hence we cannot say which Divine Person

Are there any other TRINITARIANS who ARE ABLE to answer YES / NO / DON'T KNOW so CANNOT SAY to the questions…

I say YES to all three questions.

Whereas most Trinitarians say DON'T KNOW so CANNOT SAY to all three questions.

What about the rest of you.

???

If you consider yourself Monotheistic, then "would not exclude" should be self explanatory,. Would not exclude is " Neither Dividing The Substance". I suspect that is why the question was asked of you. Now you divide the Substance in your overview ( Yaweh pre incarnate- Atemporal to Yahweh incarnate- Temporal}, yet you argue against Jamesh, the lot of us and Orthodoxy as if we should be" Confounding and Confusing The Subsistence, with you and Oneness alike completely Negate, because you have already Divided the Substance .

To your question, I believe Johnny Guitar says "Possibly 1,2,3, and I say Actually 1,2,3. Each Divine Persons own Mind and Will is in No Way distinct therefrom The Infinite Divine Mind and Will. " God is an Infinite Sea of Substance". Therefore Yachristian unless you are just a total pagan, each Divine Person sort to speak, would be thinking whatever it is being spoken by Whomever is Speaking.

...... Alan

So, the question for you, in your NON Trinitarian view, why are there three distinct persons in these verses identified as the one God?

I define “a person” as “a spirit or human being” so there is NOT three distinct “person” / “spirit or human being” identified as the one God.

What do YOU believe…

Is there more than one transcendent eternal “spirit or human being” identified in the Bible?

I say NO.

Genesis 1:26, Then God said, "Let Us make man in our image according to our likeness etc." Who's the speaker here?

I have given you the answer to the question several times…

I believe "Us" refers to Yahweh incarnate (the Man Jesus) along with preincarnate Jesus (Yahweh as Spirit). The one Person of Yahweh/Jesus is referred to as "Us" to contrast incarnate (as Man) with preincarnate (as transcendent and immanent Spirit).

I believe Johnny Guitar says "Possibly 1,2,3, and I say Actually 1,2,3.

So @aeg4971’s answers to the questions are 1=YES, 2=YES, 3=YES.

Whereas @johnny guitar’s answers to the questions are 1=MAYBE, 2=MAYBE, 3=MAYBE.

1)

Are there any other TRINITARIANS who are willing to post their answers.

The only God in the Bible is the Father:

John 17
3And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

Back