So, what's the latest "Baptist News"?

I would be interested in some Baptist news. I have been serving in a Korean Presbyterian church for about 6-7 years because my wife is Korean so I'm not up on the happenings among Baptists in general or the Southern Baptist convention in particular.

I would be interested in some Baptist news. I have been serving in a Korean Presbyterian church for about 6-7 years because my wife is Korean so I'm not up on the happenings among Baptists in general or the Southern Baptist convention in particular.
Try subscribing to SBC Voices. https://sbcvoices.com/

I still get notifications, but I rarely read them. They have gone full 'woke' IMO

Just the tip of the iceberg.

There is a bit of good news. Beth Moore left for the Anglicans.

I still get notifications, but I rarely read them. They have gone full 'woke' IMO

It seems that Peter Lumpkins is now more popular than SBC Voices. When will the madness ever end?

See Post #1. Still asking - Is anything interesting going on - nationally, regionally, in your state, locally?

See Post #1. Still asking - Is anything interesting going on - nationally, regionally, in your state, locally?
Interesting artcile: Biblical orthodoxy 2023: Sign or get ‘churched’

"As a member of First Baptist Church, I believe that God creates people in his image as either male or female, and that this creation is a fixed matter of human biology, not individual choice. I believe marriage is instituted by God, not government, is between one man and one woman, and is the only context for sexual desire and expression."

Th[is] declaration must be signed and returned to the church by March 19, 2023, in order to retain a “secure membership.” Signatories must include the names of all persons in their household.

Failure to sign means: “Per the motion adopted by the church, you will be considered to have resigned your membership from First Baptist. But you can always join again by going through our membership process — attending the membership class, meeting with a pastor, and being voted on by the congregation.”

[Interesting to note that the author of the article seeks to derail this minimalist statement of orthodoxy in respect of sexual morals by comparing it to the imputed wickedness of slavery being seen as orthodox in former times: apples and oranges aren't comparable.]

The SBC has gone woke? Wow.

Anything interesting going on - nationally, regionally, in your state, locally?
8 Everything is wearisome, more than one can express; the eye is not satisfied with seeing, the ear not filled up with hearing.
9 What has been is what will be, what has been done is what will be done, and there is nothing new under the sun.
10 Is there something of which it is said, "See, this is new"? It existed already in the ages before us.
Amen..

I just recently started reading and posting on CARM again. One of my favorite posters was Imjrr, and I’m glad to see he’s still around.

It’s difficult to find out what’s happening in the Baptist denomination, especially regarding the Leadership of the various groups of Baptists. Having been a Baptist all my Christian life, I don’t believe the average Baptist can tell you what’s going on in their denomination other than in their church.

Hi, awsmmix. Good to see you, too. I left for some years. Am back now. I'm not sure how long I'm going to stay.

I think what you've posted is correct. I don't believe the average Baptist can tell you what's going on beyond their local church.
And that may well be true for more than just the Baptists - I think that also may apply to Methodists, Lutherans, and so on.

I just recently started reading and posting on CARM again. One of my favorite posters was Imjrr, and I’m glad to see he’s still around.

It’s difficult to find out what’s happening in the Baptist denomination, especially regarding the Leadership of the various groups of Baptists. Having been a Baptist all my Christian life, I don’t believe the average Baptist can tell you what’s going on in their denomination other than in their church.
BTW, if I may ? what does it really mean to YOU in that YOU are a " Baptist " ? So, you baptize people/believers or not ?

BTW, if I may ? what does it really mean to YOU in that YOU are a " Baptist " ? So, you baptize people/believers or not ?
Baptists practice believer’s baptism. I’m surprised that you have to ask that. Sort of makes me wonder about your motive for asking.

Last edited:
Back