So why does distinction prove multiple Persons?

Yahchristian

There is a Second Person by reason of supposing The Son in distinction of The Father in distinction of the Holy Spirit .

Trinitarians see a distinction between Jesus as God and Jesus as Man as well.

Enough that one can know something the other does not know etc.

But you do not say Jesus is two Persons by reason of supposing Jesus as God in distinction of Jesus as Man.

So why does distinction prove multiple Persons in the case of transcendent Yahweh and Yahweh incarnate?

And could you please provide your definition for “a person” with your reply for the benefit of others.

I define “a person” as “a spirit or human being”.

But you do not say Jesus is two Persons by reason of supposing Jesus as God in distinction of Jesus as Man.

So why does distinction prove multiple Persons in the case of transcendent Yahweh and Yahweh incarnate?

And could you please provide your definition for “a person” with your reply for the benefit of others.

It doesn't matter how you particularly define this word person, but clearly what matters in discourse is what the ancients meant of this word Person as applied to God contrasted in the plural.

You just admitted that you are debating against orthodox dogma and theology based on how you personally define this word person, thereby effectively arguing against yourself.

Person - Individual substance of a rational intelligent nature. Hence plurality (ie Relative Oppositio) in God distinguishes the One Substance in Three Subsistencies/ Divine Persons signified by Trinity.

Once again 4th century Richard of St Victor says,

" In the Savior we may one thing( Divinity) and another (humanity), and I say one thing and another, but not one person and another, whereas in the Divine Trinity we may find one Person ( Father), and another (Son), and I say one Person and another, but not one Thing and another".

........ Alan

Last edited:
The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead. Each is God, yet there is only one God. They relate to one another.

John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Matthew 1:23
"Behold, the virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call Him Immanuel" (which means, "God with us").

You like to say One Transcendent Spirit as if that is somehow more monotheistic than the Unity of Essence , which your assertion of One Transcendent Spirit is by Nature of Supremely Being, as God declared while giving the Oracles to Moses on the Mount, is the Formal part (per se), of each Divine Person.

Note: I say Per se on account of God by His very Nature is not of body, and thus not of a composition of quantitative parts, but altogether simple form of Spirit..

........ Alan

Back