So you say you believe Jesus? Really?

Our Lord's God

Here are the things Jesus taught his own 12 disciples:

"If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into Gehenna." - Jesus
Matthew 5:30

Do you believe what Jesus said?

"You are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect." - Jesus
Matthew 5:48

"For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your soul, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, what you will wear.... But seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. So do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." - Jesus
Matthew 6:25-34

"For the gate is small and the way is difficult that leads to life, and there are few who find it." - Jesus
Matthew 7:14

"Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire." - Jesus
Matthew 7:19

"Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven... Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and does them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. Everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.” - Jesus
Matthew 7:21-27

Why do you call me "Lord, Lord" and not do what I say." - Jesus
Luke 6:46

“He who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me and he who loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me." - Jesus
Matthew 10:37-38

"If anyone wishes to come after me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his soul will lose it but whoever loses his soul for my sake will find it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? FOR the son of man is going to come in the glory of his Father with his angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds." - Jesus
Matthew 16:24-27

“If anyone comes to me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own soul, he cannot be my disciple. Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple.... none of you can be my disciple who does not forsake all that he has." - Jesus
Luke 14:26-33

He who has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me." - Jesus
John 14:22

Do you believe what Jesus said, or not?

Gary Mac

"If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into Gehenna." - Jesus

"For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your soul, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, what you will wear.... But seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. So do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." - Jesus

"For the gate is small and the way is difficult that leads to life, and there are few who find it." - Jesus

"Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire." - Jesus

"Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven... Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and does them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. Everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.” - Jesus

“He who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me and he who loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me." - Jesus

"If anyone wishes to come after me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his soul will lose it but whoever loses his soul for my sake will find it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? FOR the son of man is going to come in the glory of his Father with his angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds." - Jesus

“If anyone comes to me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own soul, he cannot be my disciple. Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple.... none of you can be my disciple who does not forsake all that he has." - Jesus

Do you believe what Jesus said and are these things yourself, perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect?

Ignatius

Do you believe what Jesus said, John 6:51, 53-56?

1Thess521

Matthew 11:29 "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." -Jesus

John 14:
1“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe in Me as well. 2In My Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and welcome you into My presence, so that you also may be where I am.…" -Jesus

John 17:
20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

24 “Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. -Jesus

Our Lord's God

Matthew 11:29 "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." -Jesus

John 14:
1“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe in Me as well. 2In My Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and welcome you into My presence, so that you also may be where I am.…" -Jesus

John 17:
20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

24 “Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. -Jesus

Absolutely. I believe EVERYTHING Jesus said. He spoke the words of the Father.

How about you? Do you believe EVERYTHING he said in the OP?

Our Lord's God

Ahgreed, but it isnt an effort that we should do, it is who we become who actually does.

Being perfect is not something we accomplish from ourselves; rather we must DENY ourselves so that He who lives in us does His will.

For it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.
Philippians 2:13

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works which God prepares beforehand so that we would walk in them.
Ephesians 2:10

Our Lord's God

I believe Jesus when he says we must eat his flesh and drink his blood. There is only one place where that can be granted to us.

1. What is the Bread of God, where does it come from, and what does it do?

33 For the bread of God IS (1) that which comes down out of heaven, and (2) gives life to the world.

Do you believe him?

2. Did He come to do his own will?

38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of Him who sent me

Do you believe him?

3. What is the Bread of God, where did it come from, and what does it do?

The bread also which I will give for the life of the world is my flesh. Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the son of man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves. 54 He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. 55 For my flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink. 56 He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in Me, and I in him..... 58 This is the bread which came down out of heaven; not as the fathers ate and died; he who eats this bread will live forever.”

33 For the bread of God IS (1) that which comes down out of heaven, and (2) gives life to the world.

Do you believe him?

Ignatius

1. What is the Bread of God, where does it come from, and what does it do?

Do you believe him?

2. Did He come to do his own will?

38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of Him who sent me

Do you believe him?

3. What is the Bread of God, where did it come from, and what does it do?

The bread also which I will give for the life of the world is my flesh. Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the son of man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves. 54 He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. 55 For my flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink. 56 He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in Me, and I in him..... 58 This is the bread which came down out of heaven; not as the fathers ate and died; he who eats this bread will live forever.”

Do you believe him?
How many times do.i need to repeat myself with you? Do you not understand? If you dont eat Jesus flesh and drink his blood you cannot have eternal life. You can read right?

Ignatius

Why won't you answer my questions?
Because they are nonsensical. If we agree we must eat Jesus flesh and drink his blood to have eternal life then there are no other relevant questions. There is only one place where Jesus flesh and blood can be granted to us.

utilyan

Mathew 26
26Now while they were eating, Jesus took some bread, and after a blessing, He broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.” 27And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you; 28for this is My blood of the covenant, which is being poured out for many for forgiveness of sins.

Yup

1Thess521

Mathew 26
26Now while they were eating, Jesus took some bread, and after a blessing, He broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.” 27And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you; 28for this is My blood of the covenant, which is being poured out for many for forgiveness of sins.
Yup

are these verses symbolic?
Did anyone die in the Upper Room?

Hebrews 9:
15 Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, (diathéké) so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant. 16 For where a will (diathéké) is involved, the death of the one who made it must be established.17For a will (diathéké) takes effect ONLY at death, since it is not in force as long as the one who made it is alive."

1 Corinthians 15:3
Christ died
for our sins, according to Scriptures

Colossians 1:21-22
And although you were formerly alienated and hostile in mind, engaged in evil deeds, yet He has now reconciled you
in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach—