So you say you believe Jesus? Really?

Algernon

The words Jesus spoke, and the deeds he did, only shine the light so that the world may see what is in him - the word of God - the reality of the Father abiding in him by His Spirit.
Take another look at the passages I quoted earlier. Clearly Jesus had very different ideas. Evidently you don't believe what Jesus was saying there.

Jesus continued:
John 14
21He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him.22Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, “Lord, what then has happened that You are going to disclose Yourself to us and not to the world?” 23Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. 24He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father’s who sent Me.

According to Jesus, only those who keep His commandments / keep His word, love Him and will have Jesus "disclose [Himself] to him" and will have Jesus and God "make [their] abode with him". Do you believe Jesus in John 14:21-24?

Revelator

John 14:23- Jesus answered him, “If a man loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

Make our home- Become Family
Not 3 God Persons possing billions of church-goers!

Our Lord's God

Take another look at the passages I quoted earlier. Clearly Jesus had very different ideas. Evidently you don't believe what Jesus was saying there.

Jesus continued:
John 14
21He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him.22Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, “Lord, what then has happened that You are going to disclose Yourself to us and not to the world?” 23Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. 24He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father’s who sent Me.

According to Jesus, only those who keep His commandments / keep His word, love Him and will have Jesus "disclose [Himself] to him" and will have Jesus and God "make [their] abode with him". Do you believe Jesus in John 14:21-24?

Evidently, those last words did not register with you. His words they heard were not his but the Father's. Jesus only spoke what the Father told him to say. His words are only a manifestation of the word which was in him: the word was God. The word we must know is God Himself who is light. The word true which believers receive by the Spirit of God is the revelation of the Father Himself to them so that they might know Him for eternal life and so that His light might shine through the to the world.

Algernon

Evidently, those last words did not register with you. His words they heard were not his but the Father's. Jesus only spoke what the Father told him to say. His words are only a manifestation of the word which was in him: the word was God. The word we must know is God Himself who is light. The word true which believers receive by the Spirit of God is the revelation of the Father Himself to them so that they might know Him for eternal life and so that His light might shine through the to the world.
Of course it registered. As I wrote in post #39:
Just as I've been pointing out all along. It's the word spoken by Jesus that He received from God that gives eternal life.

How does that fact change the meaning of what Jesus was saying in the following?:
John 14

What I wrote earlier about John 14:21-24 is still true: According to Jesus, only those who keep His commandments / keep His word, love Him and will have Jesus "disclose [Himself] to him" and will have Jesus and God "make [their] abode with him".

Why don't you believe Jesus in John 14:21-24? Or any of the other passages I've been citing for that matter?

Gary Mac

Seriously? On this forum you've repeatedly asked people to forgive your poor reading comprehension skills.
No I am asking people to line up their lives with the standards of Jesus. That seems to be a difficulty for you?
How is it that you've now come to believe that they are not poor?
Not poor? We in Christ are rich in the Father as Jesus was rich in Him.
The truth is that it's clear that you don't understand the half of what you read. Why do you no longer accept this truth?
Your truths or His by the same Spirit in me who was in Christ Jesus?

Algernon

No I am asking people to line up their lives with the standards of Jesus. That seems to be a difficulty for you?

Based on your responses, it's clear that you don't understand what I've been writing.

How about if we try this? Ask a friend to read post #39 and your response in post #45. Ask them to explain what my post says. Also ask them if you understood what I wrote.

Gary Mac

Based on your responses, it's clear that you don't understand what I've been writing.

How about if we try this? Ask a friend to read post #39 and your response in post #45. Ask them to explain what my post says. Also ask them if you understood what I wrote.
Yes lets ask.

Our Lord's God

Yes lets ask.

I read the posts and he is right and you are not.

If you knew the word which God gives just as God gave to Jesus, then you would know.

Algernon

I read the posts and he is right and you are not.

If you knew the word which God gives just as God gave to Jesus, then you would know.
Sorry. It's post #36 and post number #45 that are in question.

No idea how you could have read post #39 and post #45 and not know that I cited an incorrect post #.

Algernon

I have read all the posts.
Let's see.

Post #36 by Algernon:
Seriously? On this forum you've repeatedly asked people to forgive your poor reading comprehension skills.

The truth is that it's clear that you don't understand the half of what you read. Why do you no longer accept this truth?

Post #45 by Gary Mac which was in response to post #36:
Algernon said:
Algernon said:
Algernon said:

Is it your contention that Gary Mac understood what was said in post #36 and answered appropriately?

Last edited:

Gary Mac

Many claim to believe in Jesus but they won't even believe what he said.
Yes they make their gods in their images and make their laws to regulate their beliefs of their gods instead of being that person of Christ that God sent Jesus as example and teacher of what that is to be that person of Christy. anointed of God. They do not seek the kingdom of God first, they seek a religious organization instead. They cant comprehend the kingdom of God doesnt come with observation but is within you.

Our Lord's God

Yes they make their gods in their images and make their laws to regulate their beliefs of their gods instead of being that person of Christ that God sent Jesus as example and teacher of what that is to be that person of Christy. anointed of God. They do not seek the kingdom of God first, they seek a religious organization instead. They cant comprehend the kingdom of God doesnt come with observation but is within you.

They seek to suit themselves, their fleshly desires.

Gary Mac

Many fakers, many pretenders, many false anointed ones. The way to life is narrow and FEW find it. They don't believe that either.
All they see of the way, the truth, and the life, doesnt apply to them to live it but is for someone else. they cant see that no one comes to the Father but His way.

Our Lord's God

It's supremely Ironic that the vast majority of those CLAIMING to believe Jesus...DON'T!

Many fakers, many pretenders, many false anointed ones. The way to life is narrow and FEW find it. They don't believe that either.
All they see of the way, the truth, and the life, doesnt apply to them to live it but is for someone else. they cant see that no one comes to the Father but His way.

The can't see because they refuse to allow themselves to see that someone else needs to control their lives instead of them. So instead of walking by the mind of God they choose to serve their own desires and walk by the mind of the flesh, their own mind, and lead themselves to destruction.