So you say you believe Jesus? Really?

Gary Mac

"Lying down his own life means his own desires"- try finding THAT in the scriptures, as well!
Jesus is NOT happy when his words are perverted!
Yes sacrificing his own life for the other. And finding that in scripture It has always been that way in all who is of God.

And I agree Jesus would not be happy if his word was perverted. He gave his life to God and man starting in Matt 3:16. and man took his mortal body's life for blaspheme of their religious laws, but they could not take away his life in the Spirit of God that he gave to others, and does today can they? You can find that in scripture of you look hard enough beyond your own desires and receive from God that what Jesus received from Him where your life will be given to others as Jesus did instead of your own personal desires. What a novel idea to give ones life for the other.

Ladodgers6

Here are the things Jesus taught his own 12 disciples:

"If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into Gehenna." - Jesus
Matthew 5:30

Do you believe what Jesus said?

"You are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect." - Jesus
Matthew 5:48

"For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your soul, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, what you will wear.... But seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. So do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." - Jesus
Matthew 6:25-34

"For the gate is small and the way is difficult that leads to life, and there are few who find it." - Jesus
Matthew 7:14

"Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire." - Jesus
Matthew 7:19

"Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven... Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and does them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. Everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.” - Jesus
Matthew 7:21-27

Why do you call me "Lord, Lord" and not do what I say." - Jesus
Luke 6:46

“He who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me and he who loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me." - Jesus
Matthew 10:37-38

"If anyone wishes to come after me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his soul will lose it but whoever loses his soul for my sake will find it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? FOR the son of man is going to come in the glory of his Father with his angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds." - Jesus
Matthew 16:24-27

“If anyone comes to me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own soul, he cannot be my disciple. Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple.... none of you can be my disciple who does not forsake all that he has." - Jesus
Luke 14:26-33

He who has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me." - Jesus
John 14:22

Do you believe what Jesus said, or not?
Jesus preached Law to sinners to drives them to God's mercy! Which is the only place for a condemned sinner!

Ladodgers6

All I wanted to do is share with you. I never suggested anything. I was commenting on your post, that's all. Why are people in this forum so judgmental and rude to one another, when discussing God's word, I don't get it. There are more respectable non-believers than believers!

1 Peter 3: 15 but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,

God Bless!

Gary Mac

All I wanted to do is share with you. I never suggested anything. I was commenting on your post, that's all. Why are people in this forum so judgmental and rude to one another, when discussing God's word, I don't get it. There are more respectable non-believers than believers!

1 Peter 3: 15 but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,

God Bless!
Yes dont call them a din of thieves or vipers, or wolves in sheep's clothing, That would be unthinkable.

Our Lord's God

Take another look at the passages I quoted earlier. Clearly Jesus had very different ideas. Evidently you don't believe what Jesus was saying there.

Jesus continued:
John 14
21He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him.22Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, “Lord, what then has happened that You are going to disclose Yourself to us and not to the world?” 23Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. 24He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father’s who sent Me.

According to Jesus, only those who keep His commandments / keep His word, love Him and will have Jesus "disclose [Himself] to him" and will have Jesus and God "make [their] abode with him". Do you believe Jesus in John 14:21-24?

Of course.

Do you?

Ladodgers6

Jesus was teaching his own disciples how to walk just as he walked.
No sir, Law preaching of the unbelievers; which I stated; is to expose their condition of sinfulness under the Law. In other words the Law points them to the one place for Redemption, namely Christ himself.

Luke 24:44 Then he said to them, “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.”

Why because sinners are under the curse of the Law. And cannot meet the demands of the Law for Perfect Righteousness & Holiness. Which is why God made a Promise to Abraham. They He will do for us, what we cannot do. And is why Christ came to fulfill the Law in the flesh for us. To remove from the curse, by becoming a curse for us (Galatians 3).

Our Lord's God

No sir, Law preaching of the unbelievers; which I stated; is to expose their condition of sinfulness under the Law. In other words the Law points them to the one place for Redemption, namely Christ himself.

Luke 24:44 Then he said to them, “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.”

Why because sinners are under the curse of the Law. And cannot meet the demands of the Law for Perfect Righteousness & Holiness. Which is why God made a Promise to Abraham. They He will do for us, what we cannot do. And is why Christ came to fulfill the Law in the flesh for us. To remove from the curse, by becoming a curse for us (Galatians 3).

How do you manage to deny what the Scriptures state? It says Jesus was teaching his own disciples how they should live.

Secondly, only Israelites were born under the Law. Gentiles were not.

Ladodgers6

How do you manage to deny what the Scriptures state? It says Jesus was teaching his own disciples how they should live.

Okay, I'll try this another way. Why did Jesus have to fulfill the Law and become a curse for us?

Ladodgers6

Look at my posts, I am referring to sinners under the Law. I hope you are not suggesting that sinners can follow the Law that Christ preached?