Soft Model of Libertarian Free Will

fltom

Which of the church fathers claimed to be a provisionist? Lol
It not about a name but a core set of beliefs

Free will to believe was the standard for those first 400 years

BTW provisionism was also called traditionalism because it follows after the tradition of the first 400 years as far as free will to believe is concerned

If you want to play silly games who was called a Calvinist in those same years

LOL yourself

Reformedguy

It not about a name but a core set of beliefs

Free will to believe was the standard for those first 400 years

BTW provisionism was also called traditionalism because it follows after the tradition of the first 400 years as far as free will to believe is concerned

If you want to play silly games who was called a Calvinist in those same years

LOL

Never made the claim. I am not that dumb. Not saying you are of course. 😁

The tradition of the 1rst 400 years of the church? So it's not sola scriptura then? Lol

Reformedguy

Give it up

you were already refuted on that score

God speaking of putting his Spirit in you is the definition of the indwelling
Nope. Not necessarily. You have a spirit apart from the Holy Spirit right?

When do we get the order given in Ezekiel 36 by the way? Your not avoiding the question are you? Naa, not you. Lol

fltom

Never made the claim. I am not that dumb. Not saying you are of course. 😁

The tradition of the 1rst 400 years of the church? So it's not sola scriptura then? Lol
Then you show you are game playing with questions

The fact is your view was not the view of the church during the first 400 years

and the fact you are not able to rebut scriptures supporting mans ability to believe shows

it is founded upon sola scriptura

So it is the last thing you should be talking about seeing as your beliefs are not found in scripture

fltom

Nope. Not necessarily. You have a spirit apart from the Holy Spirit right?

When do we get the order given in Ezekiel 36 by the way? Your not avoiding the question are you? Naa, not you. Lol
You ignored the word of God

Ezekiel 36:27 (ESV)
27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.

showing your views are not founded by scripture but are a departure from scripture

fltom

James White exposed Flowers lying claims of Manicheanism and Calvinism yet @fltom continues propagating them.
Empty claim without evidence

And Ken Wilson not Leighton Flowers wrote the doctrinal dissertation concerning that

Further Calvinist historians such as Calvin and Boettner confirm that Calvinist doctrine was not taught in the first four hundred years

BTW are you still sticking to your heresy that unbelieving unjustified , unforgiven children of wrath are indwelt by the Spirit so as to become believers ?

Reformedguy

Then you show you are game playing with questions

The fact is your view was not the view of the church during the first 400 years

and the fact you are not able to rebut scriptures supporting mans ability to believe shows

it is founded upon sola scriptura

So it is the last thing you should be talking about seeing as your beliefs are not found in scripture
Right so your ability has merit with God. God simply provides the means, you do the rest.

My views are found in scripture thats why you will not give us the order in Ezekiel 36:26,27

Reformedguy

You ignored the word of God

27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.

showing your views are not founded by scripture but are a departure from scripture
Right. Good boy! Your half where there professor. So what is the new spirit given in verse 26?

Reformedguy

Empty claim without evidence

And Ken Wilson not Leighton Flowers wrote the doctrinal dissertation concerning that

Further Calvinist historians such as Calvin and Boettner confirm that Calvinist doctrine was not taught in the first four hundred years

BTW are you still sticking to your heresy that unbelieving unjustified , unforgiven children of wrath are indwelt by the Spirit so as to become believers ?
He has never said that it what he believes. Provide a quote or apologize.

Predestined

You're a hoodwinked heretic.
"You aint nothing but a hoodwinked heretic"... oh I'm stealing that ;)

Ephesians 1:4 “For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight”

The words in this verse are very straightforward and speak for themselves. We all know what a choice is right? David makes one before going to battle with Goliath. He goes to a stream and compares certain stones for his sling. We are told that David chose the stones. He looks at them laying there in the stream bed. He knew that some were too large and others were the wrong shape. There was a process of selection in which some stones were taken and other stones were passed by.

Now that is the very simple concept that lies behind the whole Biblical teaching found in the Bible on this subject. God’s choosing is, in its very essence, God’s selection, and it is always a selection that implies the non-selection of those left. It is a choosing out of a certain constituency, and out of a certain proportion. It is a choosing which means the rejection of others. That's the part a lot of people just can't get past.

The only way the non-elect can get around the truth that's found in the word of God is to make up a lie to discredited it.

But how can you manage to do that when the first thing that comes into play in this situation is God's sovereignty. How can you get around that? Manipulation.

People want to rebel against God’s sovereignty, they don’t want to be under God’s sovereignty.” So if I say God is absolutely sovereign, then the next thing I hear is “that makes us robots.” Well, that would be true if God were in our image, but we are in God’s image. As a finite creature, the only way that I can exercise absolute sovereignty over anything is to manipulate it.

And that right there is what is done with the Truth of God's Word. Seen any unabashed, unashamed, smug, manipulators of the truth around lately? AKA-Hoodwinked Heretic

fltom

He has never said that it what he believes. Provide a quote or apologize.
Read! below are my comments and preacher4truth's replies

fltom said:
show where the New covenant teaches unbelieving, unforgiven, unjustified children of wrath are indwelt by the Spirit turning them to believers as you theology requires
OK, but you'll reject scripture, ridicule, and mock.
fltom said:
You likewise will not be able to do so

Oh, but I will, because I can, and I give Him ALL the glory.

"But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved--and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

Now, as @civic would say;

next

so it seems he does teach that heresy

Link below

fltom

Right. Good boy! Your half where there professor. So what is the new spirit given in verse 26?
Don't ignore the point

Whose Spirit is God putting in men

you amply prove your views are not founded upon scripture

Reformedguy

"But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved--and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

next

so it seems he does teach that heresy

Link below

Apologize. He does not agree, no one does, with what you posted.

Reformedguy

Don't ignore the point

Whose Spirit is God putting in men

you amply prove your views are not founded upon scripture
What is meant by you are given a new spirit, small s, in verse 26? Second time.

My views are based on scripture. See Ezekiel 36:26,27

fltom

What is meant by you are given a new spirit, small s, in verse 26? Second time.

My views are based on scripture. See Ezekiel 36:26,27
Still trying to ignore verse 27 I see

whose spirit does God say he is placing in them

and no your views are founded upon a denial of scripture

Reformedguy

Still ignoring verse 26 I see. In fact, speaking of ignoring, give us the order given in verse 26 and 27. Show us the choice meat way

Reformedguy

In verse 26, what is meant by a new spirit? 3rd time

fltom

Apologize. He does not agree, no one does, with what you posted.
Sorry but you deny the obvious

It seems you deny texts much like you deny scripture

fltom said:
show where the New covenant teaches unbelieving, unforgiven, unjustified children of wrath are indwelt by the Spirit turning them to believers as you theology requires

Preacher4truth stated

fltom said:
You likewise will not be able to do so

Preacher4truth replied

next

so we have one guy who plainly affirmed a heresy and you

denied he did contrary to the truth