Soft Model of Libertarian Free Will

fltom

So, he's falsely accusing us of believing something he made up. Sounds about right.
sorry first there is no us here

I asked you the question which you lent support to obviously failing to grasp what was asked

There was in fact nothing made up as your words show

fltom said:
show where the New covenant teaches unbelieving, unforgiven, unjustified children of wrath are indwelt by the Spirit turning them to believers as you theology requires

Preacher4truth stated
OK, but you'll reject scripture, ridicule, and mock.

I stated :

You clearly showed you believe scripture supports the idea that

the New covenant teaches unbelieving, unforgiven, unjustified children of wrath are indwelt by the Spirit turning them to believers as you theology requires

and although I stated you cannot do so

fltom said:
You likewise will not be able to do so

You affirmed that you could

Preacher4truth replied

Oh, but I will, because I can, and I give Him ALL the glory.

and you eventually denied believing what I asked you

and the reason I asked you that is because you lent support to Reformed guy in his exposition of Ezekiel 36:26, 27

which would in fact correctly read require the Holy Spirit to indwell unbelievers

So again thank you for denying what his understanding would require given that verse 27 does speak of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit

Reformedguy

Good for that is what Reformedguy's interpretation of Ezekiel 36:26, 27 would require

once one realizes verse 27 is speaking of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit

I wanted you to deny it which you did after an apparent mis-start

and I never spoke of a Calvinist belief and dealt solely with your own comments
So what is meant in verse 26,
sorry first there is no us here

I asked you the question which you lent support to obviously failing to grasp what was asked

There was in fact nothing made up as your words show

fltom said:
show where the New covenant teaches unbelieving, unforgiven, unjustified children of wrath are indwelt by the Spirit turning them to believers as you theology requires

Preacher4truth stated
OK, but you'll reject scripture, ridicule, and mock.

I stated :

You clearly showed you believe scripture supports the idea that

the New covenant teaches unbelieving, unforgiven, unjustified children of wrath are indwelt by the Spirit turning them to believers as you theology requires

and although I stated you cannot do so

fltom said:
You likewise will not be able to do so

You affirmed that you could

Preacher4truth replied

Oh, but I will, because I can, and I give Him ALL the glory.

and you eventually denied believing what I asked you

and the reason I asked you that is because you lent support to Reformed guy in his exposition of Ezekiel 36:26, 27

which would in fact correctly read require the Holy Spirit to indwell unbelievers

So again thank you for denying what his understanding would require given that verse 27 does speak of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit
Could you explain verse 26? The part that says "a new spirit I will give you"?

fltom

Nobody has. He's the only one bringing up indwelling
Sorry verse 27

Ezekiel 36:27 (ESV)
27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.

you claim that verse along with verse 26 teaches that the spirit is put in you to make you believe

Well that verse is speaking of the indwelling of God's Spirit

given that your position would requite unbelievers be indwelt by the Spirit to make them believers

I wanted him to deny it and he has

Your position is just unbiblical

Reformedguy

Sorry verse 27

27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.

you claim that verse along with verse 26 teaches that the spirit is put in you to make you believe

Well that verse is speaking of the indwelling of God's Spirit

given that your position would requite unbelievers be indwelt by the Spirit to make them believers

I wanted him to deny it and he has

Your position is just unbiblical
Can you explain verse 26? The part that says a new spirit, small s, I will give you. That's twice

fltom

Will you stop diverting from verse 27 which states God will put his Spirit in them

What is his Spirit ?

Your reading would require God put his Spirit in unbelievers to make them believe

Preacher4truth finally came around to deny that

Your handling of the passage is rather defective and you have been refuted by your own peer

Reformedguy

Will you stop diverting from verse 27 which states God will put his Spirit in them

What is his Spirit ?

Your reading would require God put his Spirit in unbelievers to make them believe

Preacher4truth finally came around to deny that

Your handling of the passage is rather defective
Verse 26, could you explain what is meant by, "a new spirit I will give you, small s. 3rd time

fltom

Verse 26, could you explain what is meant by, "a new spirit I will give you, small s. 3rd time
Deal with verse 27 which you have been avoiding

what does God mean when he states

"I will put my spirit in you"

Reformedguy

Deal with verse 27 which you have been avoiding

what does God mean when he states

"I will put my spirit in you"
Verse 26, what is meant by "a new spirit I will give you", small s. 4th time

fltom

stop running from verse 27

Preacher4truth has denied what your effort to make the passage state would require

Unbelievers are not indwelt by the Spirit

That idea is unbiblical

fltom

Verse 26, what is meant by "a new spirit I will give you", small s. 4th time

You really do need to reject your unbiblical efforts which would require God to put his Spirit in unbelievers to make them believers

Even your peers reject that unbiblical nonsense

Reformedguy

stop running from verse 27

Preacher4truth has denied what your effort to make the passage state would require

Unbelievers are not indwelt by the Spirit

That idea is unbiblical
What is meant, in verse 26, a new spirit I will give you, small s? 5th time

Reformedguy

So how did you obey the command to believe without the Spirit, verse 27?

Reformedguy

You really do need to reject your unbiblical efforts which would require God to put his Spirit in unbelievers to make them believers

Even your peers reject that unbiblical nonsense
Who cares. Verse 27. How did you obey the command to believe without the Spirit?

Last edited:

fltom

Who cares. Verse 27. How did you obey the command without the Spirit?
Who cares ?

I would say any who care about scripture would care

What does God mean when he states

I will put my Spirit in you and cause you to obey my statutes.....

Scripture clearly reveals God puts his Spirit in believers not unbelievers as your false theology teaches

John 7:38-39 (ESV)
38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’”
39 Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Galatians 3:14 (ESV)
14 so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.

Acts 2:38 (ESV)
38 And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

you really do need to give it up as you have been thoroughly refuted

Reformedguy

Who cares ?

I would say any who care about scripture would care

What does God mean when he states

I will put my Spirit in you and cause you to obey my statutes.....

Scripture clearly reveals God puts his Spirit in believers not unbelievers as your false theology teaches

John 7:38-39 (ESV)
38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’”
39 Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Galatians 3:14 (ESV)
14 so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.

Acts 2:38 (ESV)
38 And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

you really do need to give it up as you have been thoroughly refuted
How did you obey the command to believe without the Spirit per verse 27? You want to talk verse 27? Let's. So how??

preacher4truth

So how did you obey the command to believe without the Spirit, verse 27?
He doesn't accept the fact that while dead in trespasses, God, not the one dead in trespasses, made the dead alive. To the contrary he thinks, believes, preaches, and teaches he made himself alive, because he believed, repented, humbled himself, while dead, and therefore merited the grace of salvation.

That is a false gospel.

@fltom you and your teacher Flowers are Catholic at heart, teaching merited grace. Both of you are steeped in heresy.

shnarkle

Yes simple like this:

Election is the simplest of all doctrines to understand,
One's understanding of doctrines is not what determines or assures one is saved, elect, etc. Satan can quite readily understand the doctrine, yet he isn't saved or elect either.

preacher4truth

One's understanding of doctrines is not what determines or assures one is saved, elect, etc. Satan can quite readily understand the doctrine, yet he isn't saved or elect either.
True to a short extent, yet ones confessed gospel, i.e. one version teaching that they've met conditions in order to be merited the grace of salvation, i.e. "conditional election" (a denial of biblical grace/unmerited favor) shows they've believed and adhere to a false understanding, and to a false gospel. It is then a false hope based upon a false message.

So ones understanding in fact does determine and show whether or not they are saved. Read Galatians, Romans, Jude, 1John for instance.

Last edited:

preacher4truth

What about those who profess a love for the truth of God's sovereign election only to then discover that they are not the elect? One could see how this might result in a less than loving response, no?

What would you do if this were the case with you?
Your post is much ado about nothing, with a veiled personal attack and ridicule laden ending.

shnarkle

True to a short extent, yet ones confessed gospel, i.e. one version teaching that they've met conditions in order to be merited the grace of salvation, i.e. "conditional election" (a denial of biblical grace/unmerited favor) shows they've believed and adhere to a false understanding, and to a false gospel. It is then a false hope based upon a false message.
And I would assume that they're not saved, elect, etc. Even so, God can save them regardless if they understand or not.
So ones understanding in fact does determine
Fallacy of the Non-Sequitur. Again, one can have perfect understanding, and still be damned. Likewise, there are plenty of people who have no clue, and the world looks at this as ridiculous how someone who will never understand could possibly be saved, or elect. God doesn't choose the brightest, but quite often those who are inept, and fools to show God's glory.