Soft Model of Libertarian Free Will

preacher4truth

So you just indulged in ad hominem with your out of context third party choise <sic> meat comments.
There was zero ad hominem in his post, nor did he mention "choise" meat, you're seeing things. That's a violation of the 9th commandment.

It's funny you pull the lame and false ad hominem accusation on others so often, yet you're the one who has had several vacations lately. Why not end the false accusations?

Oh, and btw, mentioning your choice meats false gospel teaching isn't ad hominem, it's stating facts, i.e. your teachings are against grace being a merited salvation gospel. Describing your teaching/heresy isn't ad hominem. You were already astray from the truth so you were judged with a false teacher sent your way who has led you away even further.

It must be dreadful and unpeaceful being so angry that God alone chooses and saves whomsoever He wills, without your approval. Hello Romans 9:19-21 complainer against God.

preacher4truth

show where the New covenant teaches unbelieving, unforgiven, unjustified children of wrath are indwelt by the Spirit turning them to believers as you theology requires
OK, but you'll reject scripture, ridicule, and mock.
You likewise will not be able to do so
Oh, but I will, because I can, and I give Him ALL the glory.

"But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved--and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

Now, as @civic would say;

next

preacher4truth

You are running from the issues

why is it you cannot do so ?
Taunting...
At Preacher4truth

You likewise will not be able to do so
Taunting...
You can't show anything at all

Just as you could not dispute the verses I posted showing why God favors some

you are not able to dispute What I stated which was
Taunting...
You can't do it and can only eisegetically read your theology into the text.
Taunting...

preacher4truth

In case anyone hasn't figured it out, read through this thread and look at the responses of @fltom and @TomFL and you will find him preaching that grace and salvation are merited by man.

He is the resident false gospel preaching heretic of this site.

Anyone preaching they merited grace, using scripture out of context to prove it, is a false teacher. This teaching should be banned from the orthodox forums on this site imo.

Reformedguy

You are still running and depending on an incomplete verse where faith is not mentioned

to ignore the clear new covenant data which shows only believers are indwelt by the Spirit

It is why you run from what was requested of you

show where the New covenant teaches unbelieving, unforgiven, unjustified children of wrath are indwelt by the Spirit turning them to believers as you theology requires

You cannot do so

Do you believe the old covenant contradicts the New ?

Apparently you are fearful of even addressing what should obviously be false

Believers today are under the old covenant ?

another absurdity you fail to address for it also further exposes your false approach

As a matter of fact your position goes beyond mere ignorance

and extends itself to willingly refusing to consider the whole council of God

This is the methodology of the cults

Find a verse you can read your theology into and ignore all that is contrary to it

and you cannot cover this up with ad hominem and out of context appeals to third party quotes

as this only further highlights your lack of scriptural support
Give us the order in Ezekiel 36 from the choice meat Bible. We're all waiting

Predestined

In case anyone hasn't figured it out, read through this thread and look at the responses of @fltom and @TomFL and you will find him preaching that grace and salvation are merited by man.

Anyone preaching they merited grace, using scripture out of context to prove it, is a false teacher. This teaching should be banned from the orthodox forums on this site imo.
If grace and salvation were somehow merited by man it would be like... Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? In and of ourselves we can't do it. We don't even want to do it as our hearts are evil.

John 2:24-25 24But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people. 25He did not need any testimony about mankind, for he knew what was in each person.

Jeremiah 17:9 9The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?

Matthew 9:4 4Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said, "Why do you entertain evil thoughts in your hearts?

preacher4truth

If grace and salvation were somehow merited by man it would be like... Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? In and of ourselves we can't do it. We don't even want to do it as our hearts are evil.

John 2:24-25 24But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people. 25He did not need any testimony about mankind, for he knew what was in each person.

Jeremiah 17:9 9The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?

Matthew 9:4 4Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said, "Why do you entertain evil thoughts in your hearts?
Ones hatred for the truth of God's sovereign election of only whomsoever He wills to save, based upon nothing they've done (2 Timothy 1:9) drives men to prove they merited grace and election. This is exactly the false message he is preaching.

shnarkle

Ones hatred for the truth of God's sovereign election of only whomsoever He wills to save, based upon nothing they've done (2 Timothy 1:9) drives men to prove they merited grace and election. This is exactly the false message he is preaching.
What about those who profess a love for the truth of God's sovereign election only to then discover that they are not the elect? One could see how this might result in a less than loving response, no?

What would you do if this were the case with you?

fltom

Give us the order in Ezekiel 36 from the choice meat Bible. We're all waiting
Give it up

Ezekiel does not mention faith

It is written to the people of God

People in a covenant relationship with God

How does a gentile become a person of God and in a covenant with him in the New testament ?

And you are still running

Show where the new covenant teaches unbelieving, unjustified, unforgiven children of wrath are indwelt with the Spirit so as to become believers

you can't do it so you run

fltom

There you go spouting off in ignorance and ad hominem and falsehood

You cannot address the scripture I supply

and are apparently ignorant of church history

For 400 years church Fathers held to man's free will as far as believing the gospel. It was not until Augustine and his

Manichean Gnostic background began positing what was only taught by the gnostics previously that some in the church believed as you do

So if you want to talk about heresy it is your position which is the heresy

Further it is rather disengenuous for you to speak of merited grace as that is not my position and I had never affirmed such

Ignorance of history, an inability to address scriptural rebuttal of your position and misrepresentation

are not to your credit

Reformedguy

Give it up

Ezekiel does not mention faith

It is written to the people of God

People in a covenant relationship with God

How does a gentile become a person of God and in a covenant with him in the New testament ?

And you are still running

Show where the new covenant teaches unbelieving, unjustified, unforgiven children of wrath are indwelt with the Spirit so as to become believers

you can't do it so you run
Can you give us the order given in Ezekiel 36:26,27? Use you choice meat translation if you wish. Were all waiting

fltom

Taunting...
You can't do it either

If you believe that you are the heretic here

I know you cannot prove such from the New Testament

fltom

Can you give us the order given in Ezekiel 36:26,27? Use you choice meat translation if you wish. Were all waiting
Again faith is not mentioned

Show where scripture teaches unbelieving, unjustified, unforgiven Gentile children of wrath are indwelt by the Spirit so as to become believers

That is what your position requires but it is contrary to scripture

John 7:38-39 (KJV)
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Galatians 3:14 (KJV)
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

so you just run from it and repeat your eisegesis

Reformedguy

Taunting...

Taunting...
If he rea
Again faith is not mentioned

Show where scripture teaches unbelieving, unjustified, unforgiven Gentile children of wrath are indwelt by the Spirit so as to become believers

That is what your position requires but it is contrary to scripture

John 7:38-39 (KJV)
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Galatians 3:14 (KJV)
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

so you just run from it and repeat your eisegesis
Could you give us the order in Ezekiel 36:26,27? Use the choice meat translation if you wish

Reformedguy

You can't do it either

If you believe that you are the heretic here

I know you cannot prove such from the New Testament
Ezekiel 36:26,27

fltom

Well it is not my position that that man merits salvation

That idea is a disengenous misrepresentation of one who deals in ad hominem and distortion rather than scriptural rebuttal

It is not an honest approach

Predestined

Well I'm so glad to be a whomsoever. Lets just keep proclaiming The truth And discrediting their false message. There seem to be a lot of people on this board there are quite good at doing that.