Some are saying too much money is going to other countries and not enough covid help to the U.S. people, in the stimulus, is this true?

Some are saying too much money is going to other countries and not enough covid help to the U.S. people, in the stimulus, is this true?

TeabagSalad

Hi,
I have seen a few of the threads you have been starting and wanted to offer a bit of friendly advice if you want to try and start a proper discussion.

Most of the questions you have asked are really vague. You say things like "some are saying", you need to be more specific, either make the claim personal, or specify who is making the claim. For example say "I think too much money is being sent abroad".

Don't just ask a question in the title and then repeat it in the body of the thread. You should provide more detail in the body. How much money is being sent abroad? How else could it be spent. I'd also advise giving the thread a short title, rather than a question. Perhaps in this case just something like "Foreign Aid".

It might also be worth slowing down on the number of threads you are posting. Too many threads and people will just start to ignore them.

Cheers - TeabagSalad

PS Do you know how much money the US sends abroad, what it is used for, and do you think it is too much?

Mr Laurier

Some people are saying the earth is flat.
Some people are saying that sex with kids should be legal.
Some people are saying that unrestricted capitalism is good for the workers.
Look at the facts, and make up your own mind based on those facts.

Hi,
I have seen a few of the threads you have been starting and wanted to offer a bit of friendly advice if you want to try and start a proper discussion.

Most of the questions you have asked are really vague. You say things like "some are saying", you need to be more specific, either make the claim personal, or specify who is making the claim. For example say "I think too much money is being sent abroad".

Don't just ask a question in the title and then repeat it in the body of the thread. You should provide more detail in the body. How much money is being sent abroad? How else could it be spent. I'd also advise giving the thread a short title, rather than a question. Perhaps in this case just something like "Foreign Aid".

It might also be worth slowing down on the number of threads you are posting. Too many threads and people will just start to ignore them.

Cheers - TeabagSalad

PS Do you know how much money the US sends abroad, what it is used for, and do you think it is too much?
My goal is to get an answer to the question and avoid myself or the people who originally asked the question or commented on it from being attacked instead of the question being answered. However it appears that maybe the question may not be answered either way. I will consider changing how I ask the question.

I dont know political stuff that much so I try not to misrepresent it by explaining it more and mistakenly putting my own understanding and/or thoughts into it but I will consider trying to explain it more.

Whateverman

My goal is to get an answer to the question and avoid myself or the people who originally asked the question or commented on it from being attacked instead of the question being answered. However it appears that maybe the question may not be answered either way. I will consider changing how I ask the question.

Like @TeabagSalad, I only mean this constructively - but your questions are often so vague as to make us ask for clarification/specificity. For example, "some people say <X>, is this true?" removes the context from the real question you want an answer to.

I don't want you to have to go to extra effort just to ask a question, but it would help if you provide an example of what your question is about. In the case of this thread, you could have linked an article about conservatives disagreeing with items in the recent COVID relief bill, such as this:

---

I know you're trying to avoid politics with your question(s), but the reality is that you actually ARE asking a political question about something specific. When you make your questions too general/abstract, the answers will often be simple (ie. "yes, some people think too much money is going to other countries") or not possible (ie. "how can we know if it's true/false that too much money is going to other countries?")

A simple example of what you're referring to will help us answer the question you want to ask.