Some say that some progressives/radical liberals are trying to change the U.S. against the majority's will. Is there some legitimacy to that claim?

Some say that some progressives/radical liberals are trying to change the U.S. against the majority's will. Is there some legitimacy to that claim?

Mr Laurier

No.
First off, there is no such thing as a radical liberal. Liberals are moderates by definition.

Whateverman

No, and it's projection to boot.

Conservatives are in the middle of a cultural revolution - one which has pushed a malignant narcissist into the white house in order to tear this country's institutions down. This was literally done by a minority, who now then want people to believe that the other side is in the minority.

vibise

What policies do you think liberals are forcing the majority to accept?

Universal healthcare?
Tuition-free community college?
Protection of the environment?
Taking climate change science seriously?
A more progressive tax code that would ensure the rich pay their share?
Restoration of diplomatic ties with long-time allies, and recognition that Russia is our enemy?

Torin

Who are the "some" that "say" this? Can you link to an editorial or something that explains the accusation? It's hard to assess a claim when I don't know who is making it, or why they are making it, or what they mean by it.

Carol

Universal healthcare?

Progressively bigger government

How much is their share?

Restoration of diplomatic ties with long-time allies, and recognition that Russia is our enemy?

And what about China.

Mr Laurier

Progressively bigger government

How much is their share?

And what about China.
Or not. Maybe just eliminate some of the acronym agencies that Reagan created when he was expanding government while claiming to be reducing it. And shift the funds to usefull programs that help ordinary people. Scrap a few aircraft carriers, and put the savings into healthcare. Shift from an offensive military to a defencive military, and put the savings into education.

A lot more than they are paying.
Eisenhower made them pay 100% of anything above 100 million. And 90% of anything above 10 million.

What about China indeed. Keeping in mind that it is Russia that has a grudge. China is just sitting back laughing as the money rolls in.
China likes the status quo. They have zero desire to change it. They play a long game. A 500 year plan.
Russia wants revenge for the cold war. And to reclaim all that lost territory in Europe and Asia. Territory that is now full of American military bases.

Harry Leggs

It it leftists, akin to Bolsheviks or red guards and they are attempting to change the U.S. to their version of utopia by any means necessary including lies, lawbreaking, harassing and bullying... marginalizing dissenters. They are bipolar thinkers us against them anyone opposed to us is evil etc....

As it relates to the church they are attempting to decolonize because it resists gay/abortion rights. They single out and target cake shops, for example.
--------
In the cult of social justice, the oppressors are generally white, male, heterosexual, and Christian. The oppressed are racial minorities, women, sexual minorities, and religious minorities. (Curiously, the poor are relatively low on the hierarchy of oppression. For example, a white Pentecostal man living on disability in a trailer park is an oppressor; a black lesbian Ivy League professor is oppressed.) Justice is not a matter of working out what is rightly due to an individual per se, but what is due to an individual as the bearer of a group identity.

Among revolutionary Russia’s far-left factions, Bolsheviks were relatively small in number, but under Lenin’s forceful leadership, they were smart, ruthless, and determined. Their victory proved that under certain conditions, a clever, dedicated minority can gain absolute power over a disorganized, leaderless, and indifferent mass.

One year after the proletarian revolution, the Bolsheviks introduced mass ideological killing, calling it the Red Terror. Thus did the radical intelligentsia, with a mustard seed of faith, move the mountain that was Russia and hurl it into a sea of blood.

Dreher, Rod. Live Not by Lies (p. 27). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

“I, I Myself, am He who comforts you.
Who are you that you are afraid of man who dies,
And of a son of man who is made like grass,
That you have forgotten the Lord your Maker...

Harry Leggs

No, and it's projection to boot.

Conservatives are in the middle of a cultural revolution
You are right. So what do you hope to obtain...some form of utopia? You will obtain a garbage dump with all your lies and bullying and law-breaking, driving the country to madness.
- one which has pushed a malignant narcissist into the white house in order to tear this country's institutions down.
Emboldened is lie vilifying to justify looting, burning down and rioting.

This was literally done by a minority, who now then want people to believe that the other side is in the minority.
Probably more lies since nobody wants looting and bullying and singling out.

Universal healthcare?
I dont know all the polices of those sides. I've heard some say that. If those are the things those sides are pushing and the majority disagrees and can't be convinced, then are they being forced? Are some on that side trying to gain power to force those policies on the majority?

I'm hearing the majority is silent right now but some on the majority side are trying to let them know so they will fight back. Why would they say that unless they thought they were being forced?

No, there's not. The majority are progressive.
Some on here who seem to be on the progressive side in many things say the majority are conservative because of the religious right and some say the majority is progressive because they have power in the majority of the institutions.

Whether it is one or the other, I heard some of the conservatives, classic liberals, independents, libertarians and others say they are being forced. Is that a correct claim?

Electric Skeptic

Some on here who seem to be on the progressive side in many things say the majority are conservative because of the religious right and some say the majority is progressive because they have power in the majority of the institutions.
The majority is progressive because most people are progressive.
Whether it is one or the other, I heard some of the conservatives, classic liberals, independents, libertarians and others say they are being forced. Is that a correct claim?
Being forced to do what?

Who are the "some" that "say" this? Can you link to an editorial or something that explains the accusation? It's hard to assess a claim when I don't know who is making it, or why they are making it, or what they mean by it.
Some conservatives, classic liberals, libertarians, and others. I don't keep track of it but some of it are from articles, you tube, news, social media, universities students and professors who hide their polical affiliation to avoid canceling and other sources.

The majority is progressive because most people are progressive.

Being forced to do what?
Being force to submit to changes that some progressives are pushing. I don't know what they are pushing exactly or specifically. I can't remember the specifics. I heard it is making changes to the U.S. and western society and culture.

Actually I remember one thing is letting illegal immigrants come into then U.S. without consequences of not making it in legally and also letting them vote.

Electric Skeptic

Being force to submit to changes that some progressives are pushing. I don't know what they are pushing exactly or specifically. I can't remember the specifics. I heard it is making changes to the U.S. and western society and culture.
Without knowing what the changes are, it's difficult to comment. Conservatives also have a habit of getting upset about changes that won't harm them at all. But conservatives have always complained about society progressing. They complained when the slaves were freed, they complained when women got the vote, they complained when blacks fought for their civil rights, and so forth. That's what they do.
Actually I remember one thing is letting illegal immigrants come into then U.S. without consequences of not making it in legally and also letting them vote.
That is a very far left policy that nobody in the mainstream supports.

Whateverman

If you don't know what's being pushed, then how can you know if what you've heard is true?

vibise

I dont know all the polices of those sides. I've heard some say that. If those are the things those sides are pushing and the majority disagrees and can't be convinced, then are they being forced? Are some on that side trying to gain power to force those policies on the majority?

I'm hearing the majority is silent right now but some on the majority side are trying to let them know so they will fight back. Why would they say that unless they thought they were being forced?
Who do you think is the majority?
The issues I listed are favored by a majority of Americans, along with increased gun control and abortion rights.