Something that Markk wrote on here, over 2 years ago...

Redeemed

If people do not know what freedom is, then they do not know how to live freely. There are many ways in which Mormonism uses to enslave their followers and keeps them from being free. A common way is by setting unrealistic expectations such as working your way into God's presence.

If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:31–32

John t

If that's the case, then you shouldn't be making claims about "Christianity" in the first place.

Balderdash!

Since you obviously object to the rules of CARM , please take that up with Matt Slick or with 4Him, senior moderator.
It is the duty of all Christians to proclaim Jesus Christ wherever we go, and this surely applies to CARM.

What you are doing is twisting my words. We PROCLAIM the love, grace and mercy of Jesus Christ as he is found in the Bible, alone. Our Jesus Christ is NOT your mormo-jesus.

John t

But the problem IS--HOW do they know they have done "all they can do"?

When you think about it, that is terrorizing. It is not until they are dead that they have any "assurance" of eternal life.

But thanks be to Jesus Christ--HE did ALL that HE could do, to save us--and did it perfectly!
2 Corinthians 2 14 But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere.​
15 For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing, 16 to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life. Who is sufficient for these things?​
Romans 8:
1 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.​
2 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.​
3 For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh,​
4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.​
ESV

Bonnie

What it says, "after all we can do". What is it that we can do? Our very best. It's not a really hard concept to follow. Nothin there suggests that anyone has to be perfect or they will fail. Your very best might be different than my very best. God knows and I know mine. I don't know yours and wouldn't try to judge yours. God will do that.
But how do you KNOW when you have done your best, done "ALL you can do?" Can you have fall short for the day, of doing "all you can do"?

Last edited:

NRAjeff

But how do you KNOW when you have done your best, done "ALL you can do?" I mean, does God send you a "like" on Twitter every day to let you know when you have reached your "quota", or when you have fallen short for the day, of doing "all you can do"?
Discuss Lutheranism on the Lutheran Board only.

Bonnie

<<snip>>

Sorry, but it would be off topic for this board. But I can discuss it freely with you and explain it to you and anyone else on the Lutheran board. If you choose not to go there, that is your problem, not mine.

(However, I amended that post to make it less mocking. Thank you.)

Redeemed

<<snip>>

Sorry, but it would be off topic for this board. But I can discuss it freely with you and explain it to you and anyone else on the Lutheran board. If you choose not to go there, that is your problem, not mine.
Looks like we have one poster with two accounts to me.

Redeemed

It probably also looks like Mormonism is 100% wrong, and your beliefs are 100% right....to you.
There might be a lesson for you in there somewhere.

Somewhere over the rainbow, blue birds fly
And the dreams that you dare to
Oh why, oh why can't I?

Created

It probably also looks like Mormonism is 100% wrong, and your beliefs are 100% right....to you.
There might be a lesson for you in there somewhere.
I see Mormonism as 100% perverted, and the Biblical Gospel 100% Trusted. Why? Because the Holy Spirit Testifies of the Truth 'in Jesus Christ', not Joseph Smith.

NRAjeff

I see Mormonism as 100% perverted, and the Biblical Gospel 100% Trusted. Why? Because the Holy Spirit Testifies of the Truth 'in Jesus Christ', not Joseph Smith.
How do you know that God didn't send you the DELUSION that Mormonism is 100% perverted?

What if it's really only 98% perverted? Doesn't that mean that you said one thing that wasn't true, and therefore you have disqualified yourself as a representative of God's church?