Somewhat disturbing video on memories - Coffee Run

LifeIn

View: Coffee Run

A young woman runs through the bittersweet memories of her past relationship. It is thought-provoking, and a bit troubling. The film shows three passes through the same memories, but there are subtle differences that invite analysis. For example, in the restaurant scene, her partner is shown pounding the table, indicating some sort of argument. In the second pass they are both pounding the table. In the last pass, only she pounds the table. I interpret this as her starting out thinking the trouble was all his fault. But as the memory progresses, she realizes that she was the one at fault. What do you think it means? The graveyard scenes shows a progression toward more and more desolation as she is shown first without an umbrella and finally collapsed on the ground. The hospital scene shows the husband giving comfort, then more distant, and finally totally absent. I have no idea what that means, but if you do, please comment. The last scene in the sequence is in the coffee shop. Each time we see "blue" (I don't know what else to call her) move more and more toward her earlier self before abandoning the effort. Do you suppose that expresses her regret that she ever got involved with "red"?

The first time I saw this I did not catch on that the girl running through the scenes was the same one in all the scenes. She is also visibly pregnant in the coffee shop proposal scene. I suppose this can be taken as an indication that the relationship might have been forced by circumstances, and not by genuine love, which might explain why things turned out badly. (Except for the death of the baby. That just happened by chance.)

View Coffee Run