Son of Man and Ancient of Days. = Trinity

Towerwatchman

Son of Man and Ancient of Days.

Daniel in the late 500’s BC had the following vision in which there was a distinction between “The Son of Man” = Jesus and “The Ancient of Days” = God.

Da 7:13-14 “I was watching in the night visions, And behold, One like the Son of Man, Coming with the clouds of heaven! He came to the Ancient of Days, And they brought Him near before Him... His dominion is an everlasting dominion…

In Daniel’s vision the “ten horns” are ten kings, the “other horn” the beast, they make war against the saints till the Ancient of Days appears and intervenes. But note, throughout the Bible only Jesus appears never the Father.

Da 7:20-22 and the ten horns that were on its head, and the other horn which came up…I was watching; and the same horn was making war against the saints, and prevailing against them, until the Ancient of Days came, and a judgment was made in favor of the saints of the Most High…

John writes about the same event note again the “ten horns” = ten kings, who give their allegiance to the “other horn” = the beast, and make ware against the saints and the Lamb.

Re 17:12-14“The ten horns which you saw are ten kings… they receive authority for one hour as kings with the beast…These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will over come them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.”

The difference between Daniel’s and John’s vision is that in Daniel’s vision there are two distinct individuals “Son of Man” and the “Ancient of Days.” And in Daniel’s vision the “Ancient of Days” intervenes for the saints and judges the beast and his followers.

This does not agree with John, for according to John 5:22 Jesus only judges “For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son”, and in Revelation John’s vision is of Jesus intervening for the saints and judging the beast and his followers.

Rev19:11-14 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses…16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS…19-21And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army. Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone. And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse…

The word Trinity does not appear in the Bible, but the combination of Daniel’s and John’s vision speaks volumes to it. Daniel 7:13 one member of the Triune God is brought before the other two members. Note “Ancient of Days” conveys the idea of eternal, the quality of wisdom which all three members of the Trinity possess. Therefore “Ancient of Days” in Daniel 7:20-22 can apply and does apply to Jesus and is in harmony with the Gospel of John, and Revelation. The “Ancient of Days” that judges in Daniel 7:20 is the same Jesus that judges in Revelation.

This does not agree with John, for according to John 5:22 Jesus only judges “For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son”, and in Revelation John’s vision is of Jesus intervening for the saints and judging the beast and his followers.

Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent, 31 because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising him from the dead.”
Acts 17:30-31

But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who will render to each person according to his deeds... on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.

If you address as Father the One who impartially judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your sojourn
1 Peter 1:17

Try to learn from your errors instead of repeating them.

Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent, 31 because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising him from the dead.”

But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who will render to each person according to his deeds... on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.

If you address as Father the One who impartially judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your sojourn

Indeed, God will judge the world, BUT it will be The SON who conducts ALL judging.

Jn 5:22 For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son,

In the above, Jesus is explicit that he judges alone. John, 5:22 does not contradict what you have posted. But your conclusion, based on what you posted, contradicts, John, 5:22.

The word Trinity does not appear in the Bible, but the combination of Daniel’s and John’s vision speaks volumes to it. Daniel 7:13 one member of the Triune God is brought before the other two members. Note “Ancient of Days” conveys the idea of eternal, the quality of wisdom which all three members of the Trinity possess. Therefore “Ancient of Days” in Daniel 7:20-22 can apply and does apply to Jesus and is in harmony with the Gospel of John, and Revelation. The “Ancient of Days” that judges in Daniel 7:20 is the same Jesus that judges in Revelation.
The "Triune" God doesn't have "members" in the bible. Such a conception is philosophical and non-biblical, or even anti-biblical as it is modeled on the pagan conception of deity.

Rather God judges all men, but the NT reveals that God judges men in the person of the ascended Jesus, in whom "the fullness of the deity dwells".

By “member” do you mean “a person, animal, or thing that is part of a group”?

Source: Cambridge Dictionary
A Person, a MEMBER of The Godhead.

My school teachers taught me a definition should not contain the word it is defining.

I assume you learned the same thing.

So in the phrases “a MEMBER of The Godhead” and “a MEMBER of the Triune God”…

Do you define MEMBER as “a person that is part of a group”?

If not, what is your definition?

Son of Man and Ancient of Days.

Daniel in the late 500’s BC had the following vision in which there was a distinction between “The Son of Man” = Jesus and “The Ancient of Days” = God.

Da 7:13-14 “I was watching in the night visions, And behold, One like the Son of Man, Coming with the clouds of heaven! He came to the Ancient of Days, And they brought Him near before Him... His dominion is an everlasting dominion…

In Daniel’s vision the “ten horns” are ten kings, the “other horn” the beast, they make war against the saints till the Ancient of Days appears and intervenes. But note, throughout the Bible only Jesus appears never the Father. Da

LOL! That is easy to refute being Paul in Colossians 1:15 says this of Jesus,"who is the image of the invisible God" and then this also in John 14:10 "the words that I speak, I speak not from myself but it iis the Father within me, he is doing the works".

By the way, this was his answer to why when they saw him they also saw the Father also and Paul again verfied this when he said "God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself" and he was speaking literally when he said this also.

However, Paul never said that God was Christ or that Christ was God like you are taking it to mean when it never says any such thing.

So then, you better believe that when Jesus returns it will still be the Father appearing and working through the Son when he through Jesus destroy's the wicked including the Great Harlot church and her many apostate offspring.

7:20-22 and the ten horns that were on its head, and the other horn which came up…I was watching; and the same horn was making war against the saints, and prevailing against them, until the Ancient of Days came, and a judgment was made in favor of the saints of the Most High…

Therefore, the Ancient of Day does indeed come but he comes within and through his human Son Jesus Christ.

By the way, when the Ancient of days does come and appear, in your theology, will this mean that he is not still in heaven also?

That just shows how foolish this argument of yours is.

However, Paul never said that God was Christ or that Christ was God like you are taking it to mean when it never says any such thing.

That just shows how foolish this argument of yours is.
You are mistaken as Paul called Jesus Yahweh.

Joel 2:32: Hebrew: “Everyone who calls on the name of Yahweh will be saved.”

Joel 2:32 Greek Septuagint: “Everyone who calls on the name of Kurios will be saved.”

Romans 10:13 “Everyone who calls on the name of Lord will be saved.”

The Shema in Deuteronomy 6:4-5:
Hebrew: “Listen O Israel, Yahweh is our Elohim, Yahweh is one.

Greek Septuagint: “Hear O Israel, Kurios is our theos, Kurios is one. κύριος ὁ θεὸς ἡμῶν κύριος εἷς ἐστιν

Back