Soon to come in the USA

ISLAM is quite a way from "Critical mass" in the U.S. at about 1.1% - although there are local "Hotbeds" in various cities (They just built a LARGE Mosque in Duncanville, TX.

SO in general they 'll remain in "butter wouldn't melt in out mouths" mode, biding their time, for a while longer. Texas outlawed the few instances of "Sharia law" that raised their ugly heads in our State over the last few years. It's when ISLAM exceeds 12-15% that civilized folks have to start worrying.
Without the inventions of civilised Islam, modern society would be impossible. No Coke Zero, for a start

No.
Because it's not.
You can't argue against a religion unless you argue against the foundation of its religion, its god. Whether this Xenu or the great I AM.
As far as I can tell, there are no gods, so opposing a religion cannot be the same as opposing its god.
As far as you can tell. That and $5.00 will get you a skinny latte at Starbucks.
The central antagonist of Scientology
Oh.
Yes, it does, because it invalidates your "opposing Religion X is the same as opposing the god of Religion X" nonsense.
Let's use your first comment in your reply. No.
Something you know I don't believe...
I think you do and are just in denial and are fighting against His truth, trying to hold on to the last vestiges of your sin because you don't want to give it up, make that sacrifice, because what you are doing is what identifies you. A sinner.
Utterly irrelevant to the discussion.
No. Very germaine.
You don't defend your faith.
You state your beliefs - not the same.
Wow...another oxymoron. Want to try for a third as I hear three times is a charm.
And you arrogantly assert (well, you parrot the Bible's assertion) that I oppose your god, when I have told you umpteen times that I don't.
The observable evidence, your many many posts, are proof. You do oppose God, Jesus Christ. You can claim you don't over and over but that doesn't make it truth.
We both do - every existing being knows better than a non-existing one, by definition.
I do not know better than God. That is your onus. Well, yours and every other atheist who believes they are the ultimate judge of what is real and isn't. The Bible speak of people just like you. Hey, your 15 minutes of fame...

You can't argue against a religion unless you argue against the foundation of its religion, its god.
Equivocation - I argue against your god's existence, not against him.
I think you do and are just in denial and are fighting against His truth,
Is there anything that convince you that you are wrong?
I do not know better than God.
Yes, you do.
Non-existent beings don't know anything.

Equivocation - I argue against your god's existence, not against him.
It's not equivocation. You can't do one without the other. Good grief.
Is there anything that convince you that you are wrong?
Answer that question for yourself. Therein lays your answer.
Yes, you do.
Again, a display of your hubris.
Non-existent beings don't know anything.
As far as you know non-existant...

You can't argue against a religion unless you argue against the foundation of its religion, its god.
Yes, you absolutely CAN argue against a religion without arguing against its god.

Are you suggesting that all religions understand their gods perfectly and without error? Do you mean that all members of a religion follow their god to the letter, obeying all of its commands?

Only if a religion is a perfect representation of the god it worships are the two inseparable.

Please don't tell me you're suggesting Christianity is one of these...

Yes, you absolutely CAN argue against a religion without arguing against its god.

Are you suggesting that all religions understand their gods perfectly and without error? Do you mean that all members of a religion follow their god to the letter, obeying all of its commands?

Only if a religion is a perfect representation of the god it worships are the two inseparable.

Please don't tell me you're suggesting Christianity is one of these...
Your logic is flawed.To attack a religion you must first attack its deity. That begins, for Christianity, with atheists denying His very existance. Then the attack on His followers. It's a logical progression and I understand atheists trying to defend each other and their belief system but denial of this logic, as if "we're not attacking your God, just you because your God doesn't exist" is a dubious claim at best.

Your logic is flawed.To attack a religion you must first attack its deity. That begins, for Christianity, with atheists denying His very existance. Then the attack on His followers. It's a logical progression and I understand atheists trying to defend each other and their belief system but denial of this logic, as if "we're not attacking your God, just you because your God doesn't exist" is a dubious claim at best.
Precisely.

You do realise what the definition of an atheist is? "That begins, for Christianity, with atheists denying His very existance.(sic)" is a completely stupid sentence. Atheists don't deny His existence in order to attack Christianity. They deny His existence because that's what atheists are, people who deny the existence of gods. That's all gods. No-one is picking on yours in particular.

You aren't listening. People do terrible things, which they think are justified by their faith. You are hurting people, damaging their lives, denying their right to the pursuit of happiness, denying even that they exist. You justify this by your faith. You claim your faith is right with the clarity and conviction that those who burnt witches also felt. Can't you see the equivalence here? Why is your faith more important than their humanity?
Thats right all kinds of people do terrible things. But Christ teaches not to.
Unlike your baseless claim, we have seen you ideology hurting all kinds of people, damaging their lives and denying them the right to be what they are and what they wish to believe, including people you claim to represent. You are also advocating that for children which is even worse..

As to.the previous point, the religious people who do this, do the same as you, they dont look at the evidence or reasoning

Thats right all kinds of people do terrible things. But Christ teaches not to.
Unlike your baseless claim, we have seen you ideology hurting all kinds of people, damaging their lives and denying them the right to be what they are and what they wish to believe, including people you claim to represent. You are also advocating that for children which is even worse..

As to.the previous point, the religious people who do this, do the same as you, they dont look at the evidence or reasoning
This is meaningless nonsense. "The religious people who do this" includes you.

On the contrary, it exposes your ignorance.
Ignorance of what? What exactly is the point you are trying toske, and how does it relate to the fact that Christians who disagree with you are as sincere in their belief as you are?

Ignorance of what? What exactly is the point you are trying toske, and how does it relate to the fact that Christians who disagree with you are as sincere in their belief as you are?
Its in the responses. If you cant see them you cant debate, though I think your main gripe is not supporting same sex acts or imaginary gender identity lies, they seem to trigger you the most

Back