Spices applied after Jesus' death? Makes zero sense.

Then I don't have to share with you anything that isn't considered by you as scripture.
Share what you like. If it isn't scripture, it's not a scriptural argument. I enjoy curiosities as the next, and I don't confuse them with the far more important matters of redemption and salvation.

Why? You don't recognize anything outside of your scripture. So, there's no sense in showing you anything.
I understand authorities. If I'm going to argue with you, I'll use the authority God established in the Tenakh. I also recognize farming material. You're spreading farming material, and you know as much on the subject as I do, and rely on that "authority" for your argument. One of my best friends is a Jewish PhD anthropologist. I know her credentials, and the degree of knowledge she possesses. I also know her limits, as does she. Our conversations, as we build sets and plays together have always been the richest.

It shows how ridiculous the argument is to not acknowledge other sources of knowledge outside of scripture.
No...It shows you've run out of steam. Bunny trails are a distraction. You do not know first hand the culture of the day, and so you resort to distraction.
Sure. Show me the term trinity anywhere in scripture?
Don't need to. The term is used to describe the nature of both God and man. Trinity is applied to the tripartite nature of God, who is Father and Son and Spirit, three and yet One Unified Whole. Elohenu is Echad...We, in His image, are Soul and Body and Spirit. Easy to grasp and easy to understand. You can use any other words to describe the reality, but it's concise to find a term that works.

That's interesting. But the Talpiot tomb ossuarys show one for her, Jesus, and their son.
And date back to the day it would have been useful to make your claim...and NO ONE EVER DID. Do you think the likes of Caiaphas and Annas would have not capitalized on the intact bodies? You found a Christian family who named all their children after Christian saints...and you want to pretend that it took two thousand years to make the discovery? This is not archaeology. It's Jewish desperation, because it's so difficult to admit that your error is two thousand years in the making.

Whether or not, the law still applies. Is Jesus going to fulfill it since heaven and earth are still here?
There stands a feast that has yet to be fulfilled, and a salvation that stands ready to be revealed in the last days. So. Yes.
Solomon sat on the throne, Jesus didnt.
Yet...so why did you make your point that He did not fulfill the Law of Kings?

;)

And you do? Rotfl...
I'm not the one making the claim or the argument from authority.

What do you know about the current Jewish burial customs today, and how they differ from 2nd temple era?
Nothing. Nor have I made any such claim.

Aside from the ossuary for secondary burial, what's different?
This is leading no where. It would be helpful for you to tell me what you know of first century Jewish burial practices from the 2nd temple era...and where you get your information from so that it can be checked. Then we'd both learn...I'm not about to make it up.

Once 3 days have past, there is no use in it.
Well, you really didn't address what i said about the spices used in haste then the women finishing the job....but one has to wonder why after 3 days there was no use for it?

The bible is silent here, but maybe they were going to have some sort of viewing. If you were going to that viewing wouldn't you want the fragerance of spice in the tomb? Or would you put a closepin on your nose?

Share what you like. If it isn't scripture, it's not a scriptural argument. I enjoy curiosities as the next, and I don't confuse them with the far more important matters of redemption and salvation.
No need to share with you then. Scripture isn't a catch-all for everything in life.

I understand authorities. If I'm going to argue with you, I'll use the authority God established in the Tenakh.
Ok.

I also recognize farming material. You're spreading farming material, and you know as much on the subject as I do, and rely on that "authority" for your argument.
Rotfl... funny coming from a person unfamiliar with Jewish law. I can't imagine you're a pastor or anyone in a position of authority.

One of my best friends is a Jewish PhD anthropologist. I know her credentials, and the degree of knowledge she possesses. I also know her limits, as does she. Our conversations, as we build sets and plays together have always been the richest.
Great. Does she know anything about burial customs today or from the Temple period?

No...It shows you've run out of steam. Bunny trails are a distraction. You do not know first hand the culture of the day, and so you resort to distraction.
Tell me about current burial customs?

Don't need to. The term is used to describe the nature of both God and man.
Then you've failed to prove the trinity like you said you could.

Trinity is applied to the tripartite nature of God, who is Father and Son and Spirit, three and yet One Unified Whole.
That's 3 persons, 3 gods.

Elohenu is Echad...We, in His image, are Soul and Body and Spirit.
Yeah, about that. Where did your gods get their bodies?

Easy to grasp and easy to understand. You can use any other words to describe the reality, but it's concise to find a term that works.

And date back to the day it would have been useful to make your claim...and NO ONE EVER DID. Do you think the likes of Caiaphas and Annas would have not capitalized on the intact bodies? You found a Christian family who named all their children after Christian saints...and you want to pretend that it took two thousand years to make the discovery? This is not archaeology. It's Jewish desperation, because it's so difficult to admit that your error is two thousand years in the making.
No, there's alot yet to be discovered.

There stands a feast that has yet to be fulfilled, and a salvation that stands ready to be revealed in the last days. So. Yes.
Yet...so why did you make your point that He did not fulfill the Law of Kings?
Because he didn't fulfill all the laws then, again.

Last edited:
Well, you really didn't address what i said about the spices used in haste then the women finishing the job....but one has to wonder why after 3 days there was no use for it?
No need for it. It's like adding salt to a rotten steak. Too late.

The bible is silent here, but maybe they were going to have some sort of viewing. If you were going to that viewing wouldn't you want the fragerance of spice in the tomb? Or would you put a closepin on your nose?
Jews don't do viewings of the body.

I didn't know salt a preservative would cover up the smell like spices would.
The point was spices don't help after the fact.

Then why did the women return to the grave with spices and a means to clean and wrap the body of Christ?
I don't believe they did. That's the point of the thread. It's a fabricated story to paint the resurrection narrative.

We don't exhibit a dead body for public display.

The point was spices don't help after the fact.

I don't believe they did. That's the point of the thread. It's a fabricated story to paint the resurrection narrative.

We don't exhibit a dead body for public display.
Now you're just being contrary and ignorant.

Ok. That's your MO... just exit.
No, it was mentioned Joe and Nicky did it rushed and then the Girls came back to do it properly. That answer has been accepted for decades+ by scholars way more learned that you....you simply thumbed your nose at that option in favor of your bigoted and biased opinion.
This shows you truly are not here to receive answers and learn. Your purpose is to disrupt. You in an ignorant mind couldn't even accept the answer...even....as possible.

You truly earned the NEXT...

No, it was mentioned Joe and Nicky did it rushed and then the Girls came back to do it properly.
What??? Are you watching tiktoks?

That answer has been accepted for decades+ by scholars way more learned that you....you simply thumbed your nose at that option in favor of your bigoted and biased tiptoes?
What answers?

This shows you truly are not here to receive answers and learn. Your purpose is to disrupt. You in an ignorant mind couldn't even accept the answer...even....as possible.
I've seen zero answers. I'd like to see them.

You truly earned the NEXT...
Yeah. Next crossing...

What??? Are you watching tiktoks?

What answers?

I've seen zero answers. I'd like to see them.

Yeah. Next crossing...
This verse reminds me of your ignorance...

Mark 6:11 But if any place refuses to welcome you or listen to you, shake its dust from your feet as you leave to show that you have abandoned those people to their fate.”

Your deceitful pride is truly amazing.

This verse reminds me of your ignorance...

Mark 6:11 But if any place refuses to welcome you or listen to you, shake its dust from your feet as you leave to show that you have abandoned those people to their fate.”

Your deceitful pride is truly amazing.
If you were a prophet your words would count for something...

No need to share with you then. Scripture isn't a catch-all for everything in life.
The Word of God is True. He is a shield to all who put their faith in Him. Do not add to His Word, lest you be reproved, and proven a liar...Scripture is the standard for any claim to authority or truth for that matter.

But thanks for confirming that you are making everything up, and claiming superior knowledge. I'll acknowledge that all your fantasies are top of the line...You've shown that fantasy rules your claims.
"You nullify the Law in favor of your traditions..." As true then as it is today.
Rotfl... funny coming from a person unfamiliar with Jewish law. I can't imagine you're a pastor or anyone in a position of authority.
If Jewish Law stands apart from Torah, it doesn't really interest me. Rabbinical pragmatism stemming from the destruction of the temple and the loss of the Ark of the Covenant doesn't really intrigue me. You had to invent what you could no longer obey.
Great. Does she know anything about burial customs today or from the Temple period?
She would know more than anyone else in my area would. Her PhD, though, was 17th-18th century dress spilling generously into the 19th century as well. She also majors in life in the Shtetl of Eastern Europe. Her grandparents hailed from there. She was my chief advisor and costume designer when we mounted Fiddler at my high school. Her Jewish friends thought we had hired out when they saw our goy Tevya play the role.

Tell me about current burial customs?
You have claimed indubitable and superior knowledge, and you're challenging me to instruct you? You're making the outlandish implications, as if the Jews of Jesus' day did not have your knowledge of burial practices, and therefore wasted their efforts. You want to instruct history. I've asked you on what basis you make your claims, and this is all you have.

As I've said: Your fantasies are impeccable and clearly baseless.
Then you've failed to prove the trinity like you said you could.
You overestimate your ability to comprehend simple truths. Nothing you've posted suggests that you would grasp the most lucid proof. You're not here to be convinced of what you do not believe. You're here to criticize a history you cannot comprehend.

Case in point:
That's 3 persons, 3 gods.
Then you, body, soul and spirit, are actually three people, and I shall refer to y'all as y'all from now on.

Yeah, about that. Where did your gods get their bodies?
Already answered. My Elohim, whose image I bear, must, like HE created me, be tripartite. Yall's imageless, likeness-free god has no image to create another in...and could never wrestle Jacob for a single round, let alone for an all night smackdown.

No, there's a lot yet to be discovered.
Thank you for saying this. And there's nothing to be discovered in spurious claims, futilely, desperately grasping straws that all wind up ludicrously empty. I pray that you discover all.

Because he didn't fulfill all the laws then, again.
Since He's coming back, as you know He is coming...your claim here is actually pointless. I hope you see that.

He finished what was necessary for our redemption. When each of us has finished weighing the value of Elohim's effort and made a decision, he will finish the rest of the work, as it is written.

Last edited:
The Word of God is True. He is a shield to all who put their faith in Him. Do not add to His Word, lest you be reproved, and proven a liar...Scripture is the standard for any claim to authority or truth for that matter.

But thanks for confirming that you are making everything up, and claiming superior knowledge. I'll acknowledge that all your fantasies are top of the line...You've shown that fantasy rules your claims.

"You nullify the Law in favor of your traditions..." As true then as it is today.

If Jewish Law stands apart from Torah, it doesn't really interest me. Rabbinical pragmatism stemming from the destruction of the temple and the loss of the Ark of the Covenant doesn't really intrigue me. You had to invent what you could no longer obey.

She would know more than anyone else in my area would. Her PhD, though, was 17th-18th century dress spilling generously into the 19th century as well. She also majors in life in the Shtetl of Eastern Europe. Her grandparents hailed from there. She was my chief advisor and costume designer when we mounted Fiddler at my high school. Her Jewish friends thought we had hired out when they saw our goy Tevya play the role.

You have claimed indubitable and superior knowledge, and you're challenging me to instruct you? You're making the outlandish implications, as if the Jews of Jesus' day did not have your knowledge of burial practices, and therefore wasted their efforts. You want to instruct history. I've asked you on what basis you make your claims, and this is all you have.

As I've said: Your fantasies are impeccable and clearly baseless.

You overestimate your ability to comprehend simple truths. Nothing you've posted suggests that you would grasp the most lucid proof. You're not here to be convinced of what you do not believe. You're here to criticize a history you cannot comprehend.

Case in point:

Then you, body, soul and spirit, are actually three people, and I shall refer to y'all as y'all from now on.

Already answered. My Elohim, whose image I bear, must, like HE created me, be tripartite. Your imageless, likeness-free god has no image to create another in...and could never wrestle Jacob for a single round, let alone for an all night smackdown.

Thank you for saying this. And there's nothing to be discovered in spurious claims, futilely, desperately grasping straws that all wind up ludicrously empty. I pray that you discover all.

Since He's coming back, as you know He is coming...your claim here is actually pointless. I hope you see that.

He finished what was necessary for our redemption. When each of us has finished weighing the value of Elohim's effort and made a decision, he will finish the rest of the work, as it is written.
Just explain where your gods got their bodies from to create man? Start there. Who was the image for Eve in your gods?

You've admitted above your gods have parts, tripartite. Let's see, 3x3 = 9 parts? Is that correct? Rotfl...

Or did they all share one body? Quite cozy! ;)

Last edited:
Back