spirit brothers and sisters?

So the you believe there is no need for the 14 other brethren? And every time you mention a teaching by any LDS authority other that the president of the church, I can call you out as it being nonsense?

And when you sustain them as a prophet, seer, and revelator, it is just a lie with no substance?

Please elaborate if you can.
Nonsense, again you fail miserably at full context,,, do the work and prove me wrong. Question, who were the keys of the kingdom given to as taught by our church... answer before you ask another question

Nonsense, again you fail miserably at full context,,, do the work and prove me wrong. Question, who were the keys of the kingdom given to as taught by our church... answer before you ask another question
To Christ, at least the full keys which he delegates. Keys can be liken to the chain of command in the military, with the president being the commander and chief. The 12 act under the authority and keys of the 1st presidency, the 70 under the keys of the 12, and so on down the line.

What does that have to do with Pratt being sustained as a prophet, seer, and revelator? BOJ said that is not true, what do you say?

Well you are again wrong. from Joseph's journal....

After an intermission of 20, minutes374 the servises of the day were resumed, by singing Adam ondi ahman.375 I then made a short address and called upon the several quorums, and all the congregation of saints to acknowledge the Presidency as Prophets and Seers, and uphold them by their prayers, they all covenanted to do so by rising; I then called upon the quorums and congregation of saints to acknowledge the 12 [p. 175] Apostles who were present as Prophets and Seers and special witnesses to all the nations of the earth, holding the keys of the kingdom, to unlock it or cause it to be done among all nations them; and uphold them by their prayers, which they assented to by rising,3 Here
🙄

None of them but Joseph Smith was the prophet. Only one person holds all the keys and can receive revelation for the church. This is just a diversion.

🙄

None of them but Joseph Smith was the prophet. Only one person holds all the keys and can receive revelation for the church. This is just a diversion.
No, all are apostles first, and sustained as such and also sustained as prophets, seers and revelators. Nelson was sustained as the President of the church and the lords prophet. Are you denying that? You just don't like hearing it because it is harder for you to disrespect them, I guess, but you do so anyways. You still disrespect "the prophet" when I quote something you don't like.

Even this is a mess

To Christ, at least the full keys which he delegates. Keys can be liken to the chain of command in the military, with the president being the commander and chief. The 12 act under the authority and keys of the 1st presidency, the 70 under the keys of the 12, and so on down the line.

What does that have to do with Pratt being sustained as a prophet, seer, and revelator? BOJ said that is not true, what do you say?
You stated there was no need for the 14 other apostles, so what happens when the President dies if there is no need of the other brethren ?

You stated there was no need for the 14 other apostles, so what happens when the President dies if there is no need of the other brethren ?
No I didn't, it was a question to you, after you stated only "the" prophet receives revelation for the church.

Focus, I did not say that, it was a question to you after you sated only "the prophet" receives revelation for the church.

Question?... whoops

Markk: So the you believe there is no need for the 14 other brethren? And every time you mention a teaching by any LDS authority other that the president of the church, I can call you out as it being nonsense?

Question?... whoops

Markk: So the you believe there is no need for the 14 other brethren? And every time you mention a teaching by any LDS authority other that the president of the church, I can call you out as it being nonsense?

In the Old Testament, God called prophets as He chose.
Sometimes there were periods without a prophet.
Sometimes there were multiple prophets existing contemporaneously.
They varied in age, from very young (eg. David).
There were no "apostles", or "first presidencies".

In Mormonism, there is a bureaucratic structure of "gerontocracy".
Every Mormon "Prophet" is guaranteed to be 80+ years old, if not older.
There is only ever "one" prophet, never zero, and never more than one.
And God is not allowed to choose a "young" prophet".
And God is not allowed to choose a "prophet" who is not part of the "first presidency", something NEVER found in the Bible.

How can you possibly claim that these two systems are the same?

Question?... whoops

Yes it was a question, please answer it.

LOL. Yes. It does. And the man he created was Adam and when he created Adam, he created him just like we create human children. :rolleyes: Do yourself a favor and learn from someone who is a Mormon and knows that Brigham Young was teaching.
Except that Brigham is teaching that Adam is God, did he create himself? And he is stated there is no other "process" under "heaven" and earth, forever (eternities). He is speaking of a process not an individual. And he stated created "man," as in mankind.

Here it is for you again....

..."He [God] created man, as we create our children; for there is no other process of creation in heaven, on the earth, in the earth, or under the earth, or in all the eternities, that is, that were, or that ever will be...." Brigham Young

Right. He was very clear. How may spirit children have you ever seen created on earth? None, right? So, how do you figure that he's talking about spirits?
Again he was talking about the process, which he said is the same in heaven, in earth, and for all eternities.

I don't think any of my suggestions will work. You can't even figure out what Brigham Young is talking about even when it has been explained to you.
So you are just going to ignore the Book of Moses that contradicts what you are saying?

Are the all sustained as prophets?
Yep. But there is only one prophet who holds the keys. It is through him that the church received revelation.

Your argument is still a distraction and irrelevant. Pratt speculated that we'd have sex to have spirits. It's not doctrine and it never was. We have no doctrine concerning how spirit children come to be, we only know that they do. The Bible is pretty clear about that.

Back