Spirit of the antichrist

ding

John says:

I John 4:2-3, "By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus* is not from God. And this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming; and now it is already in the world."

The Catholic church teaches that Jesus is the Christ and has come in the flesh.

The Catholic church also teaches:
the Apostles creed:

I believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth;
And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord,

Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost,
born of the Virgin Mary,
Suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead, and buried.

He descended into hell;
The third day he rose again from the dead;
He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Ghost;
I believe in the holy catholic church, the communion of saints;
The forgiveness of sin;
The resurrection of the body:

And the life everlasting. Amen.

- that the Bible is the inspired word of God.

If the Catholic church teaches these doctrines then how can certain "Christians" considered it be the church/cult of the antichrist, (as I have heard it said on several occasions)?

mica

the RCC mouths the words. It does not believe what the word of God says and does not believe Christ is the way of salvation. If it actually did then it would not put requirements of man on you. It would know that the only requirement for salvation is total / complete heart belief / trust in Christ and His sacrifice. Instead it teaches followers that they need to do other things to be saved - like submit to the pope, be water baptized etc. and if it truly taught the gospel then catholics would know what the gospel is, BUT they don't.

mica

John says:

I John 4:2-3, "By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus* is not from God. And this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming; and now it is already in the world."

The Catholic church teaches that Jesus is the Christ and has come in the flesh.

The Catholic church also teaches:
the Apostles creed:

I believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth;
And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord,

Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost,
born of the Virgin Mary,
Suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead, and buried.

He descended into hell;
The third day he rose again from the dead;
He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Ghost;
I believe in the holy catholic church, the communion of saints;
The forgiveness of sin;
The resurrection of the body:

And the life everlasting. Amen.

- that the Bible is the inspired word of God.

If the Catholic church teaches these doctrines then how can certain "Christians" considered it be the church/cult of the antichrist, (as I have heard it said on several occasions)?
it doesn't really teach those beliefs, it gives lip service to them to deceive you. it teaches its own made up beliefs OVER those from scripture. the RCC beliefs first and priority, the biblical beliefs are maybe tolerated (tho many aren't by the RCC). The pope is priority in the RCC. submit to him, not to God. you cannot serve 2 masters. choose this day who you will serve...

PeanutGallery

2Cor 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2Cor 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2Cor 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Catholic Church's works give them away.

ding

2Cor 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2Cor 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2Cor 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Catholic Church's works give them away.

The fact that the Catholic church teaches Jesus is the Christ gives it away.

Septextura

The fact that the Catholic church teaches Jesus is the Christ gives it away.

Can anyone be saved without having faith and be born again in Christ?

There's only one major Christian denomination out there teaching that people can be saved without faith in Christ. Would you say they are in the spirit of Antichrist?

Can anyone be saved without having faith and be born again in Christ?

There's only one major Christian denomination out there teaching that people can be saved without faith in Christ. Would you say they are in the spirit of Antichrist?
Tell us, tell us, who is it Septextura? :unsure: Can't be the Catholic Church since they aren't a 'denomination'.

mica

Arch Stanton said:
Since we Catholics are 'born again' through baptism, I have no idea who it could be.... too early for 🍿[waiting in anticipation] but my :coffee: is in hand ....
water baptism saves no one. catholics water baptize babies who haven't heard the gospel and have no faith in Christ and His sacrifice on the cross.