Spiritual death and physical death

Predestined

How did I complicate it? I took for exactly what is says.

A human being upon being physically born, has innate qualities imparted to him physical wherein they can respond to the Gospel. Death is a "shadow" over them their entire lives, yet DEATH hasn't taken hold upon to the point they can not respond to the Gospel.

You responded the Gospel didn't you? YOU didn't do a single thing that any other human being couldn't do.
Thanks for being patient with me I really appreciate it. I understand how it can get frustrating when someone just can't comprehend or believe your opinion or point of view. But that's where we are here. We just don't see eye to eye and rather than continuing to kick a dead horse let's choose to let it lie. I admire how you handle yourself on this board and will continue to read your posts.

fltom

Why are you restricting the discussion to "nekros"? I mentioned θάνατος / thanatos previously. You can't define spiritual death without θάνατος / thanatos. θάνατος / thanatos is used extensively in the book of Romans to speak of "death" before God.

FYI... Walter Bauer is a rather unique individual. Evidence is not found in specific men's definitions. They are found in historical literature and the Scriptures themselves.
Yes

Informationally

Nekros
b. fig.—α. of pers. (Soph., Philoct. 1018 ἄφιλον ἔρημον ἄπολιν ἐν ζῶσιν νεκρόν; Menand., Colax 50; Epict. 3, 23, 28; scholia on Aristoph., Ran. 423 διὰ τὴν κακοπραγίαν νεκροὺς τοὺς Ἀθηναίους καλεῖ; Sextus 175 ν. παρὰ θεῷ; Philo, Leg. All. 3, 35, Conf. Lingu. 55, Fuga 56) of the prodigal son either thought to be dead, missing, or morally dead, depraved Lk 15:24, 32. Of a church that is inactive, remiss Rv 3:1. Of persons before baptism Hs 9, 16, 3f; 6. W. dat. of disadvantage ν. τῇ ἁμαρτίᾳ dead to sin Ro 6:11.—ν. τοῖς παραπτώμασιν dead in sins Eph 2:1, 5; Col 2:13. Of worldly-minded Christians: τὸ ἥμισυ ν. ἐστι Hs 8, 8, 1.

William Arndt et al., A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature : A Translation and Adaption of the Fourth Revised and Augmented Edition of Walter Bauer’s Griechisch-Deutsches Worterbuch Zu Den Schrift En Des Neuen Testaments Und Der Ubrigen Urchristlichen Literatur (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1979), 534.

Bauer also gives a figurative meaning inm addition to a literal meaning

The figurative meaning includes terms like missing (separated) depraved

It should be noted Eph 2:5 and col 2:13 are listed among the figurative meaning

Thanatos death is similar

2. fig. (Philo)—a. of spiritual death, to which everyone is subject unless he has been called to the life of grace. θάνατον

William Arndt et al., A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature : A Translation and Adaption of the Fourth Revised and Augmented Edition of Walter Bauer’s Griechisch-Deutsches Worterbuch Zu Den Schrift En Des Neuen Testaments Und Der Ubrigen Urchristlichen Literatur (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1979), 351.

in that it is also declared to have a figurative meaning in addition to the literal

and it refers to spiritual death