Spiritual vs. Physical

I do know GOD will judge sabbath sin righteously. But man will do it first with the counterfeit sabbath first. But you need to decide who's side you want to be on GOD's or man's.
It turns out Ellen had a Freudian slip and emphatically stated that the only way to properly keep the sabbath is to get converted so that you can understand that in Christ is full redemption.

What is the purpose of the [Sabbath] blessing of God? “Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.” Acts 3:26. The blessing of God is not put upon a man because he is good, but the blessing of God is put upon him to turn him away from his iniquities. Now the Sabbath is designed for that very thing, because it is the power of God in Christ that saves from sin. That is to say, the Sabbath blessing is the blessing of sanctification. Can any one truly keep the Sabbath of our Lord Jesus Christ unless he is a converted person?-He cannot. It is only a converted person who can keep the Sabbath. {CAS 161}​
The idea of Sabbath is rest. That is the meaning of the term. Turning to the record in Exodus, thirty-third chapter, we find that Moses requested the Lord not to carry him and the people up, unless he went with them. So the Lord says, fourteenth verse, “My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.” Who was it that went with the children of Israel?-“And they drank of that spiritual Rock that went with them, and that Rock was Christ.” Whose presence was it, then, that was to give them rest?-It was the presence of Christ. With this agree the words of Christ himself in Matthew 11:28: “Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” {CAS 171} EGW​

How does *that work for those who adhere to EGW testimonies that they must live in the sight of a holy God without an intercessor and are still waiting for the revelation of Christ?
i dont know since i am not sda and never was… i don’t judge; that is for Christ.
Based on your fantastic news that restoration does not occur until you return to Eden, how do they know that they are His?
we have His promise to get us out of here and Christ legally undid the fall … the Change is the de facto completion… when we will walk with God again in paradise…

How? I only know that I met Him and I am His.
You're doing a fantastic job all on your own.
i do not agree with you.

The spiritual rest that Jesus supplies doesn't overturn the physical rest which He also supplies in His once a week Sabbath rest. Compare the following two passages and consider the three color-coded elements and then see if you can answer the related questions:

Matthew 11:28
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
John 7:37
On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink."

T__ F__ There is a physical component to humans resting on the Sabbath.
T__ F__ Finding spiritual rest in Jesus is no different than drinking spiritual water. Both do not negate the continued need for their physical counterpart.
T__ F__ Resting in Jesus means that humans no longer require any physical rest.

I pray this helps.

Merry Christmas!

JonHawk said:
It turns out Ellen had a Freudian slip and emphatically stated that the only way to properly keep the sabbath is to get converted so that you can understand that in Christ is full redemption.

What is the purpose of the [Sabbath] blessing of God? “Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.” Acts 3:26. The blessing of God is not put upon a man because he is good, but the blessing of God is put upon him to turn him away from his iniquities. Now the Sabbath is designed for that very thing, because it is the power of God in Christ that saves from sin. That is to say, the Sabbath blessing is the blessing of sanctification. Can any one truly keep the Sabbath of our Lord Jesus Christ unless he is a converted person?-He cannot. It is only a converted person who can keep the Sabbath. {CAS 161}

The idea of Sabbath is rest. That is the meaning of the term. Turning to the record in Exodus, thirty-third chapter, we find that Moses requested the Lord not to carry him and the people up, unless he went with them. So the Lord says, fourteenth verse, “My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.” Who was it that went with the children of Israel?-“And they drank of that spiritual Rock that went with them, and that Rock was Christ.” Whose presence was it, then, that was to give them rest?-It was the presence of Christ. With this agree the words of Christ himself in Matthew 11:28: “Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” {CAS 171} EGW
JonHawk said:
It turns out Ellen had a Freudian slip
it matters zero if she did or not… no stone needs be cast.… at any soul.
all souls of Him are here suffering endless trials and do their best..
Try not to hurt yourself while you do your best to endure your endless trials to get to Eden and then let us know what happens.

Jesus said to them, “The Son of Man (the Messiah) is Lord [even] of the Sabbath.” Luke 6:5
Now we who have believed enter that rest.

Last edited:
JonHawk said:

What is the purpose of the [Sabbath] blessing of God? “Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.” Acts 3:26. The blessing of God is not put upon a man because he is good, but the blessing of God is put upon him to turn him away from his iniquities. Now the Sabbath is designed for that very thing, because it is the power of God in Christ that saves from sin. That is to say, the Sabbath blessing is the blessing of sanctification. Can any one truly keep the Sabbath of our Lord Jesus Christ unless he is a converted person?-He cannot. It is only a converted person who can keep the Sabbath. {CAS 161}

The idea of Sabbath is rest. That is the meaning of the term. Turning to the record in Exodus, thirty-third chapter, we find that Moses requested the Lord not to carry him and the people up, unless he went with them. So the Lord says, fourteenth verse, “My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.” Who was it that went with the children of Israel?-“And they drank of that spiritual Rock that went with them, and that Rock was Christ.” Whose presence was it, then, that was to give them rest?-It was the presence of Christ. With this agree the words of Christ himself in Matthew 11:28: “Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” {CAS 171} EGW

Try not to hurt yourself while you do your best to endure your endless trials to get to eden and then let us know what happens.

Jesus said to them, “The Son of Man (the Messiah) is Lord [even] of the Sabbath.” Luke 6:5
Now we who have believed enter that rest.
your being mean doesn’t make what i write wrong.

your being mean doesn’t make what i write wrong. it’s the world that gives His soul trials…and hates any soul belonging to God…
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 1 John 3:1
e v e 21 said:
we are to stay in Christ.
How does *that work for those who adhere to EGW testimonies that they must live in the sight of a holy God without an intercessor and are still waiting for the revelation of Christ?
e v e 21 said:
the souls that are His are not saved by their denomination.
Based on your fantastic news that restoration does not occur until you return to Eden, how do they know that they are His?

And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. Rom 8:9

Last edited:
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 1 John 3:1

i know little to nothing about her personally.

His souls are to comfort each other and love one another while we wait for Him to get us out of here soon at rapture.
I cannot speak to another soul‘s relationship with God. Whether He saves a soul is between He and that soul, no one else in between…

for me, i understand and am so grateful for Christ our deity legally undoing the fall and making it possible for us to go Home. I met Him and feel His promise every minute, of being in paradise with Him soon at the wedding…. for me that is what i long for…. as the completion and saving, because it’s when i will be in my resurrection body and in heaven with God.

i know little to nothing about her personally.

for me, i understand and am so grateful for Christ our deity legally undoing the fall and making it possible for us to go Home. I met Him and feel His promise every minute, of being in paradise with Him soon at the wedding….
"By the wedding garment in the parable is represented the pure, spotless character which Christ's true followers will possess. To the church it is given “that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white,” “not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing.” Revelation 19:8; Ephesians 5:27. The fine linen, says the Scripture, “is the righteousness of saints.” Revelation 19:8. It is the righteousness of Christ, His own unblemished character, that through faith is imparted to all who receive Him as their personal Saviour." EGW COL 310.3

"By the wedding garment in the parable is represented the pure, spotless character which Christ's true followers will possess. To the church it is given “that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white,” “not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing.” Revelation 19:8; Ephesians 5:27. The fine linen, says the Scripture, “is the righteousness of saints.” Revelation 19:8. It is the righteousness of Christ, His own unblemished character, that through faith is imparted to all who receive Him as their personal Saviour." EGW COL 310.3

by wedding garment i understand in scripture to be meant the resurrection body… soon at the Change.

it’s impossible to be righteous on this earth… no one is righteous here.

In heaven His saints will be righteous.Thus the line in rev about the wedding — in heaven.

What was ellen’s point there?

Christ is God’s son… since before time. he is deity.
i don’t really like the quote you posted but i doubt you want me to break down why.

regardless there is no reason to break down a quote from someone now deceased. neither to judge anyone.

what matters is to meet Him…. He is our life.

by wedding garment i understand in scripture to be meant the resurrection body… soon at the Change.
"The church is called the bride, because Paul uses the marriage relation to illustrate the union which exists between Christ and his church. But if the church be the bride, then the marriage of the Lamb has been going on ever since souls began to be united to him." EGW PTV 9.1
…. He is our life.
In whom we have redemption, ... He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence. Col 1:12-18

"The church is called the bride, because Paul uses the marriage relation to illustrate the union which exists between Christ and his church. But if the church be the bride, then the marriage of the Lamb has been going on ever since souls began to be united to him." EGW PTV 9.1

In whom we have redemption, Col 1:12-15
well i don’t agree with that… because the wedding is soon…

in Heaven…

Thats why i long so much for His new creation (eden paradise restored) because all His souls will be safe from evil and together in our paradise…with God.

for example some in apologetics forum think they are already in heaven…or like God. or righteous.

i can see that for some, their experience with Him is in the mind, mental, not literal.

i view His scroll and what He says literally.

Last edited:
that particular quote from ellen is abstract for me,
so I can’t relate to it.

It’s an actual literal wedding celebration in heaven. We will actually leave this earth and meet Him upon the clouds. Paradise is a real place in the other world where we will have our glorified body and where we will live with all of His sweet souls.

Back