Spiritual vs. Physical

"The church is called the bride, because Paul uses the marriage relation to illustrate the union which exists between Christ and his church. But if the church be the bride, then the marriage of the Lamb has been going on ever since souls began to be united to him." EGW PTV 9.1

In whom we have redemption, ... He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence. Col 1:12-18
well i don’t agree with that… because the wedding is soon…in Heaven….Thats why i long so much for His new creation (eden paradise restored)
But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him. 1 Corinthians 6:17
"And the prophet Isaiah, addressing this city, as a representative of the new covenant, says: “Thy Maker is thy husband.” Isaiah 54:5. Paul, in Galatians 4:26, 27, applies this very prophecy to the New Jerusalem above, which is the mother of us all. Christ is the author of the covenant. He is the maker of the City. He is the husband of this city, which, in the illustration used to set forth the events connected with the carrying out of the great plan of salvation, is called the bride." EGW PTV 11.1

"And the prophet Isaiah, addressing this city, as a representative of the new covenant, says: “Thy Maker is thy husband.” Isaiah 54:5. Paul, in Galatians 4:26, 27, applies this very prophecy to the New Jerusalem above, which is the mother of us all. Christ is the author of the covenant. He is the maker of the City. He is the husband of this city, which, in the illustration used to set forth the events connected with the carrying out of the great plan of salvation, is called the bride." EGW PTV 11.1
looking at types, city language often refers to, based on context of course, to God’s enemy who is maker of the city (mystery babylon, fallen angels). I just looked in is.54:5… no word City there in greek.

Last edited:
just looked… in galatians the same, where term jerusalem is very negative there.…not a type referring to God…. and note the city which put christ to death.

Last edited:
JonHawk said:
looking at types, city language often refers to God’s enemy who is the maker of the city (mystery babylon, fallen angels). I just looked in is.54:5… no word City there in greek.
just looked… in galatians the same, where term jerusalem is very negative there.…not a type referring to God…. and note the city in which was put christ to death.
You might want to consider removing your shades. Babylon has fallen. Rev 18:1-2
The kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come; Rev 12:10
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom! 2 Cor 3:17

Last edited:
JonHawk said:

You might want to consider removing your shades. Babylon has fallen. Rev 18:1-2
The kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come; Rev 12:10
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom! 2 Cor 3:17
are you sda jon?

it’s impossible to be righteous on this earth… no one is righteous here.

In heaven His saints will be righteous.Thus the line in rev about the wedding — in heaven.

What was ellen’s point there?

Your comments continue to reveal beliefs which do not correlate with the Bible. Here're just some of the many texts which overrule your private, contrarian beliefs:

This is the account of Noah and his family. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God.​
The Lord then said to Noah, “Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation.​

This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous
And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple
For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.
What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

You don't know the Scriptures or the power of God.

I pray this helps.

Your comments continue to reveal beliefs which do not correlate with the Bible. Here're just some of the many texts which overrule your private, contrarian beliefs:

This is the account of Noah and his family. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God.​
The Lord then said to Noah, “Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation.​
that happened in the other reality. not on this earth, which was post flood. Therefore noah was still not in these fleshbodies we have.
This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous
that happens in the other reality, transcendent context….no contradiction though you don’t mention which translation you are citing…
And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple
All referring to a transcendent context…

im the only non sda here with sympathy for sda people here…

so… best to find that out and stop being mean.

on my own site i have a page about ron wyatt‘s finds. I believe him! and posted a video from sda from the ark files. no i do not share the site here. carm does not allow it.

so…. quit the judging mean demeanor.

Whoever works righteousness is acceptable to Him. Acts 10:35-36
@Icyspark
In heaven His saints will be righteous.

God brought me to heaven … I met Him.
And that is beyond your reach to disprove.
In your point of view, is being right with God required to get to heaven?
Everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him. 1 John 2:29
Thus the line in rev about the wedding — in heaven.
“The king came in to see the guests, and saw there a woman without a wedding garment; and he said, 'How did you get to heaven without a wedding garment?'" COL 308.1

"They [transgressors] have sewed together fig leaves to cover their nakedness. They have worn the garments of their own devising, by works of their own they have tried to cover their sins, and make themselves acceptable with God.
But this they can never do. No fig-leaf garment, no worldly citizen dress, can be worn by those who sit down with Christ and angels at the marriage supper of the Lamb. COL 311.2
Only the covering which Christ Himself has provided can make us meet to appear in God's presence. This covering, the robe of His own righteousness, Christ will put upon every repenting, believing soul. “I counsel thee,” He says, “to buy of Me ... white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear.” Revelation 3:18. COL 311.3

Last edited:
e v e 21 said:
@Icyspark
In heaven His saints will be righteous.

God brought me to heaven … I met Him.
And that is beyond your reach to disprove.
e v e 21 said:
Thus the line in rev about the wedding — in heaven.
“The king came in to see the guests, and saw there a woman without a wedding garment; and he said, 'How did you get to heaven without a wedding garment?'" COL 308.1

"They [transgressors] have sewed together fig leaves to cover their nakedness. They have worn the garments of their own devising, by works of their own they have tried to cover their sins, and make themselves acceptable with God.
But this they can never do. No fig-leaf garment, no worldly citizen dress, can be worn by those who sit down with Christ and angels at the marriage supper of the Lamb. COL 311.2
Only the covering which Christ Himself has provided can make us meet to appear in God's presence. This covering, the robe of His own righteousness, Christ will put upon every repenting, believing soul. “I counsel thee,” He says, “to buy of Me ... white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear.” Revelation 3:18. COL 311.3
I cannot speak to another soul‘s relationship with God. Whether He saves a soul is between He and that soul, no one else in between…

His souls are to comfort each other and love one another while we wait for Him to get us out of here soon at rapture.
"Only those who took refuge in that temple would be saved... I saw that the vast temple was supported by one immense pillar,...
Just before the Lamb were elevated seats upon which sat a company of people looking very happy. The light of heaven seemed to shine upon their faces, and they praised God and sang songs of glad thanksgiving that seemed to be like the music of angels. These were they who had come before the Lamb, confessed their sins, been pardoned, and were now waiting in glad expectation of some joyful event.
I seemed compelled to move forward, and was slowly making my way around the pillar in order to face the Lamb, when a trumpet sounded, the temple shook, shouts of triumph arose from the assembled saints, an awful brightness illuminated the building, then all was intense darkness. The happy people had all disappeared with the brightness, and I was left [behind]." Early Writings p12

restored in our original glorified nature…

i wouldn’t put it that way ‘being right with God.’

would require me to read the greek in context.
the wedding garment is the original body and His nature in eden…. and represents our restoration to paradise….
that’s this body after adam betrayed us to the fallen angels.
the fleshbody.
Only the covering which Christ Himself has provided can make us meet to appear in God's presence.
yes… the glorified eden body we lost…
This covering, the robe of His own righteousness, Christ will put upon every repenting, believing soul.

the covering, the robe = our eden body
“I counsel thee,” He says, “to buy of Me ... white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear.” Revelation 3:18. COL 311.3
white raiment = the eden body

without seeing full chapters in greek, the
… references seem to be always, His desire, His restoration of us to our original body (His type of naturevin eden paradise which we lost), and comparison to the idol which is this fleshbody (sin nature).

it is better to go look at the full chapters to get the whole context… I will look and return to this reply.

Last edited:
Back