Spiritual Warfare

ding

Here is an interesting video on spiritual warfare.

It would be interesting to hear other Christians response to it. Thanks.

Nondenom40

According to the rules, you must actually dialogue here, not plop down a link to a video for us to watch. So, if you have a point to make, you should make it.

ding

I'm not watching the video but just looking at Eph 6 I don't think spiritual warfare is about humiliating the enemy.
Your loss I guess. I think that it is a great video and would be very enlightening for any Christian to watch.

mica

what other Christian responses have you had to it?

I watched a few minutes of it. it starts out with a prayer to MARY. speaks of diabolic influences. catholics have lots of that in the RCC. Then claims only 1 other than Jesus had perfect virtue... and that was MARY.

my time would be better spent watching (or listening to) a bible study by a believer. or even watching an old western from the 30s.

I'm going to watch / listen to a bible study now and later an old western, not spend more time listening to a priest teaching things that are unbiblical.

balshan

If an RC is involved in spiritual warfare would that be like the enemy fighting itself. I mean an abusive priests doing an exorcism, how would that work?

Last edited:

balshan

no, it fights against God and His word.

I don't believe in their exorcism. Satan can make it look like something it isn't.
I agree but you can see that how sad it is when they discuss spiritual warfare.

I mean I will not watch an hour long video on RCC self promotion. Aren't there rules for their spiritual warfare, doesn't it have to be approved and only certain leaders can do it? I mean I am delving back into my memory bank and it is dusty on this topic.

Beloved Daughter

Media removed by me for brevity.

This is a discussion forum. You aren't supposed to put down a 1-hour video. I use video's all the time, but most of the time they are short and to the point. People don't come to discussion boards to get a sermon.

Last edited:

mica

I agree but you can see that how sad it is when they discuss spiritual warfare.

I mean I will not watch an hour long video on RCC self promotion. Aren't there rules for their spiritual warfare, doesn't it have to be approved and only certain leaders can do it? I mean I am delving back into my memory bank and it is dusty on this topic.
I could only watch/listen for a few minutes. that was enough. in those few minutes Mary was mentioned 2x.

I don't remember much on spiritual warfare. don't think they know what it is. the RCC thinks it isn't spiritual warfare. I guess they'd think of anyone who isn't catholic as spiritual warfare.

RickyJ

I could only watch/listen for a few minutes. that was enough. in those few minutes Mary was mentioned 2x.

I don't remember much on spiritual warfare. don't think they know what it is. the RCC thinks it isn't spiritual warfare. I guess they'd think of anyone who isn't catholic as spiritual warfare.

Spiritual warfare is an expression very rarely used by Catholics.
Most Catholics are very happy and content with their religion, and have no such need for such futile activities.

balshan

Most Catholics are very happy and content with their religion, and have no such need for such futile activities.
Really no exorcisms at all? Not what the nuns taught us, and they taught us that even babies could be possessed.

mica

yes, catholics are content with their man made religion. Where in scripture does God tell us to be content with our lives as they were or even as they are - spiritually?

catholics are involved in spiritual warfare every single day (even at Mass), they just don't realize it.

balshan

yes, catholics are content with their man made religion. Where in scripture does God tell us to be content with our lives as they were or even as they are - spiritually?

catholics are involved in spiritual warfare every single day (even at Mass), they just don't realize it.
excellent point.