Sprinkle

No one said they were the same. STRAWMAN

Point is we are commanded to make disciples, BAPTIZING them in the name of the Father, Son, Holy Ghost.
We are commanded to make disciples the same way Jesus did by demonstration. Did I need man to baptism me? Absouetly not, for I knew God way before mans rituals for baptisms, sprinkled, splashed, or dunked. What God sees of man is his character, he could care less if you were dunked in water, all He cares about is you be like Him by the sameme mind be in you that is Gods same mind and walk in His light as He is in the light.

Most try and make disciples according to their laws to govern a belief instead of making disciples by living example as Jesus lived it. Jesus was clear if you cant believe that what I say then believe that what I do. You to are supposed to live the very same life as Jesus did in thew Father.

My Gods salvation isn't about what God does for me but what He puts in me His same disposition that of Love. Holy Love, or Holy Spirit that Love is referred to for God is a Spirit and that Spirit is Love, for God is a Spirit and man is the place He resides to be perfect as Love that God is, is perfect.

Jesus commanded that we be ye therefore perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect. Not very many actually follow Jesus to be like him do they? Do you, are you perfect as God in heaven is perfect? There is only one place one can be right and that is to have Gods same mind and think as He thinks, and walk in it as He walks in it!

We are commanded to make disciples the same way Jesus did by demonstration. Did I need man to baptism me? Absouetly not, for I knew God way before mans rituals for baptisms, sprinkled, splashed, or dunked. What God sees of man is his character, he could care less if you were dunked in water, all He cares about is you be like Him by the sameme mind be in you that is Gods same mind and walk in His light as He is in the light.

Most try and make disciples according to their laws to govern a belief instead of making disciples by living example as Jesus lived it. Jesus was clear if you cant believe that what I say then believe that what I do. You to are supposed to live the very same life as Jesus did in thew Father.

My Gods salvation isn't about what God does for me but what He puts in me His same disposition that of Love. Holy Love, or Holy Spirit that Love is referred to for God is a Spirit and that Spirit is Love, for God is a Spirit and man is the place He resides to be perfect as Love that God is, is perfect.

Jesus commanded that we be ye therefore perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect. Not very many actually follow Jesus to be like him do they? Do you, are you perfect as God in heaven is perfect? There is only one place one can be right and that is to have Gods same mind and think as He thinks, and walk in it as He walks in it!
Jesus also commanded baptism. Something your still ignoring. Matthew 28:19,20

Heard Matt say he could prove baptism was sprinkling not water submersion.
If so he would have to disprove these scriptures.
Matthew 3:16
Mark 1:10
John 3:23 , much water
Acts 8:38-39
"907 baptízō – properly, "submerge" (Souter); hence, baptize, to immerse (literally, "dip under"). 907 (baptízō) implies submersion ("immersion"), in contrast to 472 /antéxomai ("sprinkle")."

Jesus also commanded baptism. Something your still ignoring. Matthew 28:19,20
Yes, by Gods Spirit who resides in His sons. Has noting to do with water but is by Spirit. Water doesnt do anything, but His Spirit does. His Spirit does the baptizing. You can dunk everyone on this planet in water and will change noting, however His Spirit will.

People claim a lot of things.
People claim a lot of things.

You are wrong on all accounts. You are imagining these verses say something which they do not.
Matt 3:16 he came up out f the water
mark 1:10 up out of the water
John 3:23 much water there
acts 8:38,39 went down both into the water
came up out of the water .
explain these please , maybe you see something that I don’t.

You are wrong on all accounts. You are imagining these verses say something which they do not.

There are references to sprinkling in the Greek OT (the verb ῥαίνω as used in the LXX), notably in the LXX of Ez 36:25 (mentioned above) and the LXX of Isaiah 45:8:

"Let the heaven above be gland [let the clouds] sprinkle [Drop down in Hebrew] righteousness! Let [the earth arise] and burst forth mercy [salvation in Hebrew]! And let righteousness burst forth together. I am <anarthrous> Lord [YHWH in Hebrew], the one creating you."​

This is contextual to Israel's deliverance from Babylon by Cyrus, so once supposes analogous to deliverance by Christ:

There is another Greek verb, περιρρέω (flow around, sprinkle about) used extensively in the context of ritual washings and purification Leviticus 14:7, 14:51, Numbers 8:7, 19:13, 19:18, 19:19, 19:20. 19:21.

Then there is the concept of whole body immersion & washing required in certain instances, which is more analogous to the Greek βάπτισμα, baptism, which refers to the process of immersion, including submersion and emergence; it is derived from the verb βάπτω, meaning “dip” (Joh 13:26) (a temporary immersion - many times in LXX Exo 12:22 Lev 4:6 Lev 4:17 Lev 9:9 Lev 11:32 Lev 14:6 Lev 14:16 Lev 14:51 Num 19:18 Deut 33:24 Jos 3:15 etc) but more especially from βαπτίζω (LXX notably 2Ki 5:14 Namaan dipping himself in the Jordan 7 times) to dip repeatedly, to immerse, to wash, to submerge repeatedly.

The baptism theological idea (I suppose) derives from the injunction in Isaiah 1:16 to "Wash (λούω) and make yourselves clean. Remove your sinful deeds from my sight. Stop sinning!"

Hebrew: רָחַץ rachats: to wash, wash off or away, bathe Strong #: 1680
Greek OT Equivalent: λούω, to bathe or wash.

So my take would be: sprinkling for babies and infants, immersion for adults.

Last edited:
There are references to sprinkling in the Greek OT (the verb ῥαίνω as used in the LXX), notably in the LXX of Ez 36:25 (mentioned above) and the LXX of Isaiah 45:8:

"Let the heaven above be gland [let the clouds] sprinkle [Drop down in Hebrew] righteousness! Let [the earth arise] and burst forth mercy [salvation in Hebrew]! And let righteousness burst forth together. I am <anarthrous> Lord [YHWH in Hebrew], the one creating you."​

This is contextual to Israel's deliverance from Babylon by Cyrus, so once supposes analogous to deliverance by Christ:

There is another Greek verb, περιρρέω (flow around, sprinkle about) used extensively in the context of ritual washings and purification Leviticus 14:7, 14:51, Numbers 8:7, 19:13, 19:18, 19:19, 19:20. 19:21.

Then there is the concept of whole body immersion & washing required in certain instances, which is more analogous to the Greek βάπτισμα, baptism, which refers to the process of immersion, including submersion and emergence; it is derived from the verb βάπτω, meaning “dip” (Joh 13:26) (a temporary immersion - many times in LXX Exo 12:22 Lev 4:6 Lev 4:17 Lev 9:9 Lev 11:32 Lev 14:6 Lev 14:16 Lev 14:51 Num 19:18 Deut 33:24 Jos 3:15 etc) but more especially from βαπτίζω (LXX notably 2Ki 5:14 Namaan dipping himself in the Jordan 7 times) to dip repeatedly, to immerse, to wash, to submerge repeatedly.

The baptism theological idea (I suppose) derives from the injunction in Isaiah 1:16 to "Wash (λούω) and make yourselves clean. Remove your sinful deeds from my sight. Stop sinning!"

Hebrew: רָחַץ rachats: to wash, wash off or away, bathe Strong #: 1680
Greek OT Equivalent: λούω, to bathe or wash.

So my take would be: sprinkling for babies and infants, immersion for adults.
My take
why even be concerned about babies.
age of accountability covers them .

My take
why even be concerned about babies.
age of accountability covers them .
I'm not concerned about them. I was trying to cover everything. It seems at least some of the early fathers did believe baptism of infants came from the apostles.

No one said they were the same. STRAWMAN

Point is we are commanded to make disciples,
yes by living it as Jesus did not making disciples by your own opinions for a belief.
BAPTIZING them in the name of the Father, Son, Holy Ghost.
Jesus, a son of God, went into the water by John and came out of the water a wet son of God. But it was God Himself came to that man that made the difference when God opend up in that man who He is and all of His heaven in that man. He does the same in us all today who will receive the same from Him as Jesus did. You cant know God at all without the same, not Even Jesus could escape that fact proven in Matt 3:16.

Back